Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Did you all see what Rondo just did?

Quote Originally Posted by vinsane01
    I think it's pretty clear in the video that he prefers to get the assist than to get the points. And he wants to get more assists because that's how he gets his props.

Kind of a risky thing to do however. I mean the purpose of an offensive possession is to score, and if you have a wide open layup with no defender in sight would you pass it up to your team mate further away from the basket who has a defender close to him? Get real. Any other point guard would lay that in. The only way someone will pass that up is if they want to get fancy.

I dont hate rondo, quite the contrary, i actually like his game. But i do not approve of this play. It's unnecessary and is a clear indication that he just wants to add more assists to his APG. Not that there is anything wrong with that per se, but it may prove costly in certain plays. But ofcourse, if rondo can keep doing his thing and keep his team winning, i dont see any reason to hate on him for these kinds of plays.
    Watch the play again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giJNO8_cg-s

Ray Allen never had anyone close to him since the fast break started. By the time Rondo passed it to Ray, no defender was in 8 feet of him. The closest guy was Taj Gibson I believe and he was jogging back on the play while Ray was running. Not really risky if you ask me. Fancy? I don't see an alley oop or some And1 antics.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Watch the play again:

Ray Allen never had anyone close to him since the fast break started. By the time Rondo passed it to Ray, no defender was in 8 feet of him. The closest guy was Taj Gibson I believe and he was jogging back on the play while Ray was running. Not really risky if you ask me. Fancy? I don't see an alley oop or some And1 antics.
    Yes, but it's the very definition of stat padding. A real douchey move indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Rondo won't be doing this in the playoffs, he'll get the easy 2 with a lay-up if this was a playoff game.

Celtics are so good that they're starters are just toying around out there. They've been trolling all season long too. i.e. those prank videos from the preseason, KG calling Villanueva a cancer patient, PP and Nate at MSG, PP's twitter on South Beach, etc...
    And yet, they lost that game by more than 10 points. Seemed like the bulls were the ones toying around with them.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    I was called every name in the book and was told I'm making things up just to hate on Rondo. I've been saying for weeks that he passes up open layups just to pad his assists. I even got argued up and down about how wrong I was. And then what does he do?

He goes right out and does exactly what I've been saying.

Apologies are in order.
    I apologize for all those in denial...and for those who refuse to give you credit for your astute insights.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Watch the play again:

LOL @ the video description

"Rajon Rondo had about 400 feet of wide open space to the basket for a lay-up but preferred the assist to Ray Allen."

I've heard interviews with Rondo on WEEI, and he's completely obsessed with his assists to turnover ratio. He had 8 turnovers that game, so he wanted to bump it up a little bit.

At the beginning of the season, Doc told him to pick and choose his opportunities to score, but to think "assist, assist, assist" every time down the floor. That's why Rondo passes up open shots. To be honest, I'd rather have it that way because when he's locked in playmaker mode, the Celtics are hard to stop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hkfosho
    And yet, they lost that game by more than 10 points. Seemed like the bulls were the ones toying around with them.
    You actually think this game will matter in the playoffs?

also, lol @ the idea of the Bulls toying with them. Chicago is good and will be a good team but they're not near Boston's level yet.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I've heard interviews with Rondo on WEEI, and he's completely obsessed with his assists to turnover ratio. He had 8 turnovers that game, so he wanted to bump it up a little bit.
    Uhh he had 0 turnovers that game..and this was early in the game

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    You actually think this game will matter in the playoffs?

also, lol @ the idea of the Bulls toying with them. Chicago is good and will be a good team but they're not near Boston's level yet.
    Of course this game will matter in the playoffs, if the Bulls were to face Celtics again. It builds up the momentum. And to think the Celtics were toying with them is blasphemous. "but they're not near Boston's level yet." 90-79 numbers don't lie

Saw a basketball once

Of course this game will matter in the playoffs, if the Bulls were to face Celtics again. It builds up the momentum. And to think the Celtics were toying with them is blasphemous. "but they're not near Boston's level yet." 90-79 numbers don't lie
    I Wont say the Celtics were toying with them but will say KG makes a huge difference in this team when hes on the court, so i wouldn't make too much of a judgement based on this game.

Banned

They went 1-3 against the Magic and 2-2 against the Cavs during the regular season...then destroyed both teams in the playoffs. I think even the Hawks swept them.

This recent Bulls-C's game won't build any momentum or mean anything in the playoffs.

No, I didn't say they were toying with the Bulls. I said they're toying around in the regular season. Learn to read.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

goddamn people are obsessed with Rondo. No wonder he got more votes than Rose. "All eyes one me."

If any other PG did this, it would be considered smart. Its keeping another teammate warm. I thought it was common knowledge how a layup can potentially light up a shooter? But oh no it was Rondo. He got an assist and gave a shooter an easy layup. That's killing two birds with one stone.. but oh no its Rondo.. so it must be a negative. It really is true whenever someone is exceptionally good at something, they become hated for it.

I always hated on the Cavs how Lebron would just drive to the hoop and always get a call. But I never cried about it or made topics about it, because I understood why he did it. Cant expect everyone to understand things about players they dislike.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

but you are the one replying, after replying, after replying through all of them
    Not at all. I've only replied in Rondo threads recently to point out that there has been too many Rondo threads.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernTouch
    I Wont say the Celtics were toying with them but will say KG makes a huge difference in this team when hes on the court, so i wouldn't make too much of a judgement based on this game.
    No cuz Noah iz = ta KG Noah iz da Bess!

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Default Re: Did you all see whaat Rondo just did?

Quote Originally Posted by Premeditated
    I'm bothered because he is trying to ring up his numbers instead of going with the flow of the game. Even the announce team couldn't avoid such blatant whoring. I don't care about stats. but i care when someone is trying to fukk up a rotation and flow of a basketball game.

Yeah, but who the [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]ck are you?

On the subject of the thread, there's nothing wrong with involving your teammates, which is what Rondo did. He's a point guard. ISH has the most PMS-type threads I've seen in my life.