Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

Right now in the League i only see a few players that can absolutely destroy teams and that is Lebron,Wade,Melo,and Rose.Guys that can do it when their hot D-Will,Durant,Amare,Westbrook,Dirk,Pierce,Manu,and i would say Kobe is in this group in this stage of his career which is still good company with the team he has to bad for Roy who falls out of either group with his potential career ending knee injury and im still not sure which group Arenas will fall in yet.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-bomb 25
    Right now in the League i only see a few players that can absolutely destroy teams and that is Lebron,Wade,Melo,and Rose.Guys that can do it when their hot D-Will,Durant,Amare,Westbrook,Dirk,Pierce,Manu,and i would say Kobe is in this group in this stage of his career which is still good company with the team he has to bad for Roy who falls out of either group with his potential career ending knee injury.
    Rose doesn't even come close to impacting the game as much as wade or lebron right now. And come playoff time he won't touch those two or kobe.

In the playoffs, lebron, wade, and kobe are all on a separate plane from the rest of the league.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Lebron and Wade and the heat in general are playing A LOT harder than kobe and the lakers right now because they have a lot more to prove(and a lot higher expectations to live up to).. does anyone disagree with this?
    I'd actually say it's more than just disinterest. I think they're perimeter defense looks old and slow.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    I'd actually say it's more than just disinterest. I think they're perimeter defense looks old and slow.
    They are old and slower. They also are clearly disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Not even ... absolutely equal. What marginal difference you feel LeBron brings to on the court value (it isn't anything significant, but you're a LeBron stan ..) Wade probably is better with things from a mental capacity and intangibles. Neither one of them has clearly separated themselves from one another.
    It's the physical component. LeBron has and always will be the bigger mismatch for any team's defense. Wade just can't match that.

Banned

Not just perimeter defense. ALL defense. Interior, Transition and Perimeter. They are starting to look very lethargic out there. They don't even score in transition nearly as much yet their opponents are running all over them. That's their biggest issue in my opinion. Forget Kobe taking a lot of shots the defense needs to get corrected first.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Rose doesn't even come close to impacting the game as much as wade or lebron right now. And come playoff time he won't touch those two or kobe.

In the playoffs, lebron, wade, and kobe are all on a separate plane from the rest of the league.
    You must dont watch much of Rose,and to be honest except for Wade early in their careers in the playoffs well rookie season to second season Rose played better in the playoffs than Lebron and Kobe,and this is facts not a opinion....

They are old and slower. They also are clearly disinterested.
    Nah, the disinterested thing is just an excuse.

Root Of All Evil

It's the physical component. LeBron has and always will be the bigger mismatch for any team's defense. Wade just can't match that.
    Not true at all. LeBron is a mismatch for any team defense, yes .. but LeBron hardly ... if ever takes advantage of that mismatch in an appropriate way. IE using his one advantage he has over Wade (his size) in the post. He doesn't do that. And as of right now, Wade is a much better post player and off the ball player than LeBron.

Wade is just as big of a mismatch for teams as LeBron. No one on the floor can stop him from getting from point a to point b, or him doing whatever he wants out there.

You can try to justify it all you'd like. But there is no clear separation. Even in resumes. LeBron 2 MVP's? Great. Wade? A championship (best player on team) and NBA Finals MVP? Equally as great.

Root Of All Evil

Nah, the disinterested thing is just an excuse.
    Nah, they're also clearly bored. This Lakers team has been known to turn it off and on at a whim. It's not always in their best interest, but they do it. It's the reason they went 7 games with Houston in 2009, etc. They have lapses in interest and focus.

I mean, this will be the 4th year in a row they are battling it out for a NBA championship. You think they are interested in December and January regular season games? Ummm, no. They have nothing to prove or get excited for until playoffs kick in. Even then, given their level of experience, they will probably be bored with the 1st and 2nd round till a worthy opponent comes along.

You can try to justify it all you'd like. But there is no clear separation. Even in resumes. LeBron 2 MVP's? Great. Wade? A championship (best player on team) and NBA Finals MVP? Equally as great.
    Try to justify? Sounds like you're the one trying to push something.

I've watched these guys since they came in and Wade is just not better. LeBron is the guy you take, always. Wade's damn close, but I'm not taking a 6'4 shooting guard over a 6'8 point forward.

No GM in the league takes Wade before LeBron.

It's close, but LeBron is the choice, objectively anyway.

Root Of All Evil

No GM in the league takes Wade before LeBron.
    Because of hype, potential, etc.

As actual players, they are neck and neck.

Who are you kidding ..

Nah, they're also clearly bored. This Lakers team has been known to turn it off and on at a whim. It's not always in their best interest, but they do it. It's the reason they went 7 games with Houston in 2009, etc. They have lapses in interest and focus.

I mean, this will be the 4th year in a row they are battling it out for a NBA championship. You think they are interested in December and January regular season games? Ummm, no. They have nothing to prove or get excited for until playoffs kick in. Even then, given their level of experience, they will probably be bored with the 1st and 2nd round till a worthy opponent comes along.
    That may have been true a few years ago, but I can see Kobe dogging it and missing thirteen shots in a row. I remember Wade getting by him with ease. Fisher getting killed by Parker... Artest looking like a fool against LeBron.

These were physical limitations. Not lack of interest.

When I hear these kinds of BS arguments about lack of interest, it sounds like Lakers fans' hopes rather than what's actually happening.

Sorry, but this is garbage. Or if it's true, then the Lakers are fools. The NBA has gotten better, both in the West and the East (as far as the top teams are concerned). Boston is much better than last year. The Heat obviously are. Ditto Dallas and San Antonio. The homecourt advantage will be HUGE this year. There is a good chance LA doesn't win the title without it the past couple of years. When they began this malaise, Dallas and SA were far ahead of them. If they think they can just depend on cruising through the season and get a 3rd or worse seed and then "turn it on" when they feel like it, then they're stupid. Further, there are differences in how they've performed this year so far and how they have previously even WITH the regular season doldrums they may have had in the past.

Like I said, if they have no interest in securing homecourt then they're fools. Since I don't think they're fools, I'd say it's a bit more than "disinterest". Now, things could change by the end of the year but at this point right now, pointing to disinterest IS an excuse because they have to realize how important getting the top seed is.

Because of hype, potential, etc.

As actual players, they are neck and neck.

Who are you kidding ..
    Please. Who are you kidding? That's just trash right there. "Hype" "Potential"

These guys have played 8 seasons. We've gone beyond hype and potential.

Dude, I get it. You don't like the guy. Fine.