Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I'll take Bosh over LeBron and Wade.
    I would, too. To clean my house. Plus, he would be less inclined to steal.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus

Banned

College star

Quote Originally Posted by The Decision
    Lebron has one good game and people are trying to get in his pants.
    Chill it, its just one freaking game. Wade scored 44 points back to back like a week ago and didn't get this much treatment.

Chill out!
    There's a 40 point game where u know the heat will win, then there is 40 point performance where he willed his team to a victory. He has been on a tear in the second half in the past few games. Wade made big plays but lebron delivered the daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    There's a 40 point game where u know the heat will win, then there is 40 point performance where he willed his team to a victory. He has been on a tear in the second half in the past few games. Wade made big plays but lebron delivered the daggers.
    I hate the guy, but I gotta admit that he was impressive last night. If he could play like that for the majority of the playoffs and then win the chip as a result of it, I could actually see myself respecting him again. But then again, he would probably go out and celebrate it all summer long in a disgustingly self-indulging way.

I hate the guy, but I gotta admit that he was impressive last night. If he could play like that for the majority of the playoffs and then win the chip as a result of it, I could actually see myself respecting him again. But then again, he would probably go out and celebrate it all summer long in a disgustingly self-indulging way.
    Dont hate the player, hate the game. :)

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I just hope LeBron can play the way he did last night, in the playoffs. I don't have to worry about Wade when it comes to that. Wade will certainly bring his A game, esp. against the toughest opponents. But, I don't know if LeBron can do that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty
    I just hope LeBron can play the way he did last night, in the playoffs. I don't have to worry about Wade when it comes to that. Wade will certainly bring his A game, esp. against the toughest opponents. But, I don't know if LeBron can do that.
    He can. But he will also have some bad games. No doubt about that. The difference is that he now has Wade and Bosh holding his back and not Mo and Jamison. We all know how great they shoot last year in playoffs when Lebron had a "bad game" or when "he quit", whatever you call it.

HeatFan since Decision

Wait until he loses his athleticism.

It's going to be too late for him to develop a reliable jumper or a post game.

[COLOR="White"]Or if he gets critically injured.[/COLOR]

Where does this "LeBron doesn't play well in the playoffs" myth come from? With the exception of 1 game really, in 1 series, he's played unbelievable throughout his career in the playoffs. 09 was one of the best playoff runs in NBA history.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Where does this "LeBron doesn't play well in the playoffs" myth come from? With the exception of 1 game really, in 1 series, he's played unbelievable throughout his career in the playoffs. 09 was one of the best playoff runs in NBA history.
    2007 Spurs in the Finals

2008 Celtics

2010 Celtics

I wonder how Lebron did in those series.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I do think LeBron will step his game up in the postseason. However, if things get rough, I hope he doesn't start jacking up shots to shoot himself back into rhythm. It won't work in the playoffs against Boston or LA.

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    He can. But he will also have some bad games. No doubt about that. The difference is that he now has Wade and Bosh holding his back and not Mo and Jamison. We all know how great they shoot last year in playoffs when Lebron had a "bad game" or when "he quit", whatever you call it.

The only difference is LeBron never gave Mo or Jamison a chance. His "leadership skills" wouldn't allow it.

If you watched the Cavs games, you could clearly see the ball was always in Lebron's hands, and the offense was ALWAYS run for James' style of play.

They might have done well with that in the regular season, but the playoffs are a completely different scenario.

If he had gotten them more involved during the season instead of trying to do it all by himself, Cleveland's role players might have stepped it up when it mattered most.

But I do agree with you in a sense.

Bosh and Wade will definitely step up when Lebron is having an off night. But only because Lebron trusts them enough to let them.

[COLOR="White"]If that isn't what you call a diva, I don't know what is.[/COLOR]

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Surprised how long it has taken Mike Miller to get back into the swing of things. That hand must be a problem.
    The hand heeled right but he wasn't shooting as much and lost his touch. I hear that if Ray Allen doesn't shoot at least 200 times a day his shot will likely be off. I don't know but maybe Miller has to get his 4000 jump shots in.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud Shames
    The only difference is LeBron never gave Mo or Jamison a chance. His "leadership skills" wouldn't allow it.

If you watched the Cavs games, you could clearly see the ball was always in Lebron's hands, and the offense was ALWAYS run for James' style of play.

They might have done well with that in the regular season, but the playoffs are a completely different scenario.

If he had gotten them more involved during the season instead of trying to do it all by himself, Cleveland's role players might have stepped it up when it mattered most.

But I do agree with you in a sense.

Bosh and Wade will definitely step up when Lebron is having an off night. But only because Lebron trusts them enough to let them.

[COLOR="White"]If that isn't what you call a diva, I don't know what is.[/COLOR]
    would you prefer the ball to be in Mo "I choke whenever playoffs start" Williams hands? Please elaborate how his scrub supporting cast would have done better by having the ball in their hands more...