g hill , rice , pierce , rodman , chambers
    kemp , d ellis , cummings , vince

U H M - George Mikan

H H M - arizin , cooper , guerin , fulks , sharman , clifton , dolph
    stokes , kerr , davies , neilston , lloyd , yardley and barksdale

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Nique & G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I have to respect you G.O.A.T. you are open to at least review yoour think if a point is made that you feel is valid.I don't think Tiny had the chance to have the team success that nash had.Injuries and bad teams prevented this.However Tiny did have much better team success than Nash as a No. 2.Also If you take Tiny's 72-73 Season is better than anything Nash has ever done.
    Now for DJ for the most part most would believe he was the No 1 for Seattle thats a team that made 2 finals and won 1 and made a third WCF.There was a drop in his Suns days in overall play and team success,however once he came back to Boston he became a more of a pure PG and his Defense alone makes him better than Nash.Tiny gets his due often most have him in a top 10 - 15 PG so I'm kool he is in my top 10. However too often DJ is a forgotten Great which I can't understand. Not sure why the PG of the team some want to call the Greatest team ever doesnt get more credit.
    But everyting is opinion based so as long as you are open to the thought I respect that.
    agree totally

i think you're both objective

i strive to be but sometimes fall short

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    How about Hal Greer? Perhaps the most underrated guard to ever play.

'Entering his eleventh NBA season in 1968-69, Greer had already established himself as one of the deadliest middle-distance shooters in the league, averaging over 20 points a game and climbing to number six on the all-time scoring list with 15,244 points. In 1967-68, he had even managed to overtake the offensively explosive Wilt Chamberlain for the Philadelphia team lead in scoring with a gaudy 24.1 average. "He was one of the finest open-court shooters I ever saw, for he could race down court, stop on a dime twenty feet out on the dead run and bury the shot," teammate Chet Walker later admiringly wrote.

Greer accomplished these feats despite having to endure an array of nagging injuries that might have sidelined a lesser player. "Harold would have his ankles taped," Billy Cunningham later remembered. "Then he'd have a knee brace on and a thigh pad and another pad on his elbow. He never got the attention he deserved, and maybe that was because he was a quiet man who wouldn't sit in the locker room and tell the press how he performed. He let his performance speak for itself." Sometimes, however, his performance was so spectacular that even his unalluring personality could not diminish his on-court achievements. A case in point was the 1968 NBA All-Star Game when Greer went 8 for 8 from the field while scoring a record 19 points in the third quarter. He came away with the Most Valuable Player honors along with the deep respect of his peers. "Hal needs a certain amount of recognition to show people that he's on par with Robertson and West," All-Star teammate Wilt Chamberlain said afterward.

Greer needed no convincing himself. He knew he was the equal of any elite guard in the league, and that included Sam Jones of the Celtics. "He's on a team where they work for him," Greer said. "Our team is balanced. We're a team all the way. We don't work for one guy. Sam doesn't really have to work for his shots. They work for him. He's strictly offense, I'm offense plus I move the ball, too. I move on the fast break." Always intense and demanding of himself as a player, Greer strove for nothing short of basketball perfection in every contest. "After a game," he once revealed, "I think about the mistakes I made on defense that night. Sometimes I stay up all night thinking about defense, like after I've been chasing Oscar all over the court. That's enough to keep any man awake."'
    thanks for this post phila

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Billy Ray Bates

If you don't know who he is, know that his two nicknames were "Dunk" and "Black Superman"

Enjoy!

Billy Ray Bates was a legend here in our country. Ray Bates was the greatest player to ever played in the PBA. He has some attitude and drug related problems, but he was indeed a great athlete during his prime.