Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Tracy McGrady...Return of the MAC!!!

Since Thibodaeu was an assistant coach on the Rockets when McGrady played his (sort of) prime years there, I have no doubt he had some impetus in determining if McGrady is going to Chicago. Any idea if he was in favor or not?

From the moment T-Mac put on a Knick jersey, I feel many of us (myself included) lost sight of how tremendously talented this individual is. His critics quickly began connecting the pre conceived dots in haste, with allegations stating that he was as good as done while his days of being an effective every day player were behind him. Not to say that some of the doubt or criticism was completely unjust because for much of his time in New York his game on the court reflected that of a man who was vigorously trying to bring back to life the lights out scoring machine that once haunted the league. He simply isn't that 25+ ppg player any more but what makes T-Mac so special is his ability to reinvent his entire game. Whether or not he will be an adamant rotation guy is still to be decided because much as we were quick to point the finger at his supposed decline I will not commit the same mistake with a months worth of solid play. But what has been answered is whether or not he can do it...

Done
    &
    Done

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Whats interesting is what the Pistons are going to do with Stuckey. He is clearly not a PG. More of a SG with a shoot first mentality but the problem is they allready have Gordon and Hamilton at the 2 as it is..
    I was having this exact discussion just prior to the Pistons-Jazz game last night. The other issue I have with Stuckey (aside from the facts you mentioned - he's not a point guard and our shooting guard position already goes two deep) is that he's not a very dangerous three point shooter, which I think would kind of limit him at the two. I feel like he's destined to be a Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry type; a guy who just "plays ball" off the bench.

Can he turn into a Ron Harper type of player for a contender?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I was having this exact discussion just prior to the Pistons-Jazz game last night. The other issue I have with Stuckey (aside from the facts you mentioned - he's not a point guard and our shooting guard position already goes two deep) is that he's not a very dangerous three point shooter, which I think would kind of limit him at the two. I feel like he's destined to be a Jamal Crawford or Jason Terry type; a guy who just "plays ball" off the bench.
    I have a feeling that Stuckey is going to be that guy off the bench. He isn't a point-guard, and he just isn't a great shooting-guard either. If I had to compare him to one player, it would be Flip Murray. Just a combo-guard off the bench.

Banned

T-Mac seems like he's become more of a PG in Detroit, if he signs with the Bulls would he be the PG and Rose be the SG?

I am your soldier!

I picked him up in fantasy today, he better keep up how he's been playing lately... For at least a week or two.

nice album

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    He clearly needs to be used as a SG but i feel he and Gordon offset eachother. Hamilton is a different case because he moves off the ball and dosent requier the ball to be effective and hence why he plays so well with McGrady and Prince.

Gordon and Stuckey need the ball to be effective moreso Stuckey because he has no mid range game. He is effective when he is attacking the basket.

Sad to see the Pistons in such a mess of a roster after so many successful years this decade.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dwightderon
    Sad to see the Pistons in such a mess of a roster after so many successful years this decade.
    I'm not. The end of the overrating of Joe Dumars as a godly GM has come to an end, and not soon enough it was.

I always told people he was OK as a GM, certainly not bad, and that he got incredibly ****ing lucky over the span of 2 or 3 years. People always told me he was a genius. I knew better. He isn't. Not even close. Love it when I'm right... so basically I love it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    I'm not. The end of the overrating of Joe Dumars as a godly GM has come to an end, and not soon enough it was.

I always told people he was OK as a GM, certainly not bad, and that he got incredibly ****ing lucky over the span of 2 or 3 years. People always told me he was a genius. I knew better. He isn't. Not even close. Love it when I'm right... so basically I love it a lot.
    Yeah, the BG and CV contracts killed any chance at a nice rebuilding stage. Oh and Rip's extension.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Happy T-Mac is playing better, still my #2 favorite player in the league!!

NBA lottery pick

I dont expect a big offensive output tonight because he'll have Artest, Barnes, brown and Kobe rotating off him all night. He will look to move the ball. 7 points 6 assists 5 boards type night

a lot of good teams looks dumb for passing up on him... especially Chicago IMO.. it's funny cuz a team will pay like 10 times the price for someone with equal production...