Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Kevin Durant fake superstar

KD just came back off a knee injury. @ these haters.

Serious playground baller OrlandoAnderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    ok..he doesn't dominate the basketball, your point?

if he sat on the ball like lebron he would average at least 5 apg

notice how wade's assists have gone to complete shit since lebron joined the team. welcome to being forced to play off the basketball.

IcallYouLose

30/11/7 .. Naa, he's not a superstar

Very good NBA starter

the funny thing is that as poorly as durant has played to start the season, he is absolutely dominating 4th quarters
    No he isn't u lying sack of shit. Westbrook dominates the 4th Q mostly. I say Durant has taken over like 2 or 3 times and the rest has been brick city. Westbrook is the one who always gets the clutch jumoer or rebound/stl. I have watched almsot all their games this year. Stop ur BS. Durant has not shown to be a clutch player then westbrook. Now ur saying Durants a good passer? Thier is no limit to ur BS
    Last edited by juju151111; 12-09-2010 at 01:43 AM.

He's playing poorly and scoring 27 per game, yeees !

Chill on the Durant hate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XvJYmyxrg

Give me a

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Chill on the Durant hate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XvJYmyxrg

Give me a

40 min, 11/23 2PT, 3/7 3P, 5/6 FT, 30 pts, 11 reb, 6 asts

Man....he sure dose suck.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

The crap that annoys me is the cheap 4-8 extra fta he gets. I know theres no rule against it but it's the play where the defender is reaching then the other guy attentionally swings through on there arm then jumps like he was going to shoot. I know Kobe use to do it atleast once a game back then but now guys like Durant and KevMart are taking advantage*notice the big fta avg*.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by lxlHoTsAuSelxl
    The crap that annoys me is the cheap 4-8 extra fta he gets. I know theres no rule against it but it's the play where the defender is reaching then the other guy attentionally swings through on there arm then jumps like he was going to shoot. I know Kobe use to do it atleast once a game back then but now guys like Durant and KevMart are taking advantage*notice the big fta avg*.

you do whatever it takes to win. if he's getting the call then he would be an idiot not to take advantage of it. the guy is the best FT shooter in the league...durant @ the line=2 free points

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    40 min, 11/23 2PT, 3/7 3P, 5/6 FT, 30 pts, 11 reb, 6 asts

Man....he sure dose suck.
    Yea this thread might be over the top but I don't really care what his stats are, just by watching him play I think he's overrated. At least when he came in as the MVP favorite. Doesn't make sense to me watching his game. That doesn't mean he's not a good player.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Yea this thread might be over the top but I don't really care what his stats are, just by watching him play I think he's overrated. At least when he came in as the MVP favorite. Doesn't make sense to me watching his game. That doesn't mean he's not a good player.

what more do you want him to do? seriously..he's a very good defender, he's the most efficient scorer in the league(or at least he is when he's on), he leads the league in scoring, he's the best rebounder at his position(gerald wallace=PF for charlotte), and he's the only guy in the league to average 1 3Pm, 1 block, and 1 steal per game since the beginning of the 09-10 season.

what else do you want? he's never going to average 5+ assists per game because he doesn't dominate the ball like lebron, kobe, or wade. in turn that allows his PG to maximize his ability.

what more do you want him to do? seriously..he's a very good defender, he's the most efficient scorer in the league(or at least he is when he's on), he leads the league in scoring, he's the best rebounder at his position(gerald wallace=PF for charlotte), and he's the only guy in the league to average 1 3Pm, 1 block, and 1 steal per game since the beginning of the 09-10 season.

what else do you want? he's never going to average 5+ assists per game because he doesn't dominate the ball like lebron, kobe, or wade. in turn that allows his PG to maximize his ability.
    I don't know, judging by the way he plays he doesn't seem to have the ability to average 5+ assists per game so thats irrelevant anyways. At the end of the day, I think he takes too many bad shots, he doesn't get good balance on his jumper, and it just seems like he's flinging them up at times when he could trust his teammates more. I made a thread about this earlier and a Thunder fan told me that he usually hits those shots and is that confident in himself. Well good for him, really, they just don't seem like good shots to me.

When I think of MVP I think of someone who really dominates the game. You know how people said Howard's limited offense was going to stop him from getting a title? I just feel the same way about Durants game as it is now, he's not well rounded enough. Obviously he can get better and he's on a young team, but I dunno, I think he's a bit of a chucker in the nicest way possible. And no I don't think he's the most efficient scorer in the league. And I'm also sure Carmelo is outrebounding him this year, if your talking about pure numbers. If you're talking about rebounding ability I have at least Lebron and Wallace over him, who is a small forward, doesn't Diaw start at 4?

Anyways, I'm saying this admitting I don't watch him a ton, but I certainly haven't been left with the impression that this guy could will win the MVP when I do watch him. Then again he has impressed me from time to time and shown flashes of where I think he can take his ability, but I don't see it right now.

Basically, he's a nice player but not a leading MVP candidate in my book, and I'm speaking in general terms of him as a player. That's how I think he's overrated, when people have him as a leader in the MVP discussion or one of the best players in the league.

Great college starter

Kobe won an MVP and he shoots garbage percentages in comparison to Durant on average

LeBron's eFG% years 1-3 were all lower than Durant's years 1-3

The only players last decade to average 28+ with an eFG% of 51%+ were Durant, Shaq, LeBron, and Wade. Durant did it when he was 21 the others were all in their primes.

He is not even close to inefficient..just lol @ that

He takes bad shots..so does LeBron, Kobe, Wade, etc. The difference is that Durant is far and away the best player in the game when it comes to making contested shots. His percentage is even higher than Kobe and Dirk's

as for rebounding, this season is 20 games old. Melo has gone from 9.3 rpg to 8.0 rpg in the last 2 weeks. You really see him staying around 8 all season when he has never done that before? Durant was 2nd in the league among SF's in rebounding last year behind Gerald Wallace who is essentially the PF for the Bobcats since Diaw plays point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    i still don't understand how he shoots so many free throws. he doesn't go into the paint at all. how is he getting fouled?
    he's runs around like korver, and get gazillion calls. that plus westbrook running over the opponent = penalty = more free throws

while drose can get hit in the face, bump by centers, no call.

only in the nba