Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
    Good High School Starter chris2010's Avatar

Default Re: Do people still consider Lebron the best player in the game?

If lebron is held responsible for this team, then he must be held responsible for not just all the wins but also the losses

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
    You basically described Shaq. Of all the players in the history of the league... Shaq and Wilt probably hold the title for those players able to do the most with the least. The most dominant player. They can take scrubs to the play offs (although I am willing to bet no one will be calling the Cavs scrubs by the end of the season when they make the play offs without Lebron James), but that doesn't make them better than a player who is so versatile and competitive that they will adapt to any situation or just come back better when they get beat... a player you can truly build a dynasty around.
    Lebron needs to learn how to play with talent. He hadn't needed to...EVER. Same with Wade. Both are so used to dominating the ball, possessions and everything else. Without the ball, they are lost sheep out there. Not only that, but Lebron just moved to a different city, different organization and he's playing with different personnel. It's gonna take him some time (if he puts in the effort) to reshape his game. Kobe's been playing with talent damn near his whole career and even he had infamous growing pains back in the day. Lebron would have been a totally different (i.e. more complete) player with Phil Jackson's coaching staff and triangle offense if they worked together for 8+ years.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    How many teams in the history of the NBA have been able to sign 3 max free agents in one year? If that is not stacked, then no team has ever been stacked.
    If you want to compare based on team salary, which isn't always a good measure...

Lakers: $95.5 million
    Heat: $65.5 million

Being "stacked" implies you have a deep, complete team that has at least 8 or 9 very good players, not 2 redundant superstars, a good but overrated PF, a couple average role players, and a bunch of scrubs. In a few years when Miami fills out that roster they will be stacked, but not when they have a PG and PF that couldn't start on most lottery teams, and a horrible bench.

Learning to shoot layups anyonebutmiami's Avatar

Quitter James is not the best player in the league. He's been giving up in games
    with the Heat already!!! (i.e., standing at the three point line, not rebounding)

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Lebron the best player in the game?Is this a inside joke on ISH or what?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale
    If you want to compare based on team salary, which isn't always a good measure...

Lakers: $95.5 million
    Heat: $65.5 million

Being "stacked" implies you have a deep, complete team that has at least 8 or 9 very good players, not 2 redundant superstars, a good but overrated PF, a couple average role players, and a bunch of scrubs. In a few years when Miami fills out that roster they will be stacked, but not when they have a PG and PF that couldn't start on most lottery teams, and a horrible bench.
    this. so much agenda here its absurd. laker fans can't admit their team is much better and deeper with a far better coach.

why can't we just judge on what we see. the lakers and celtics are far better designed teams with just as much or more talent. everyone fits. and the coaches are far more experienced.

the heat are not stacked because they are awful at the pg and center position. they are not stacked because their bench is beyond bad right now. the heat are not stacked because they have three players that need the ball to be elite. they are not stacked because their coach is very inexperienced.

those are just facts. no agenda. no excuses.

the heat can still win though. lebron/wade just have to dominate on both ends. and that is the way it should be right now for them. this team is a serious work in progress and like i've been saying since this summer....its going to take at least this year and next to get the roster and chemistry right.

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Ofcourse he is still the best player in the game? Who else? Why wouldnt you consider him best in the game? Because he doesnt need to put up 50 point triple doubles anymore?

Lebron is the best and will be best for the next 10 years or more, dont even try mr noob haters.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Lebron needs to learn how to play with talent. He hadn't needed to...EVER. Same with Wade. Both are so used to dominating the ball, possessions and everything else. Without the ball, they are lost sheep out there. Not only that, but Lebron just moved to a different city, different organization and he's playing with different personnel. It's gonna take him some time (if he puts in the effort) to reshape his game. Kobe's been playing with talent damn near his whole career and even he had infamous growing pains back in the day. Lebron would have been a totally different (i.e. more complete) player with Phil Jackson's coaching staff and triangle offense if they worked together for 8+ years.

Dude has played with multiple all stars, an MVP and DPOY.

You dudes kill me with this "Lebron has never had good teammates" shit.

It old, tired, stale and completely false. Its becoming the new "AI led the 6ers by himself"

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    this. so much agenda here its absurd. laker fans can't admit their team is much better and deeper with a far better coach.

why can't we just judge on what we see. the lakers and celtics are far better designed teams with just as much or more talent. everyone fits. and the coaches are far more experienced.

the heat are not stacked because they are awful at the pg and center position. they are not stacked because their bench is beyond bad right now. the heat are not stacked because they have three players that need the ball to be elite. they are not stacked because their coach is very inexperienced.

those are just facts. no agenda. no excuses.

the heat can still win though. lebron/wade just have to dominate on both ends. and that is the way it should be right now for them. this team is a serious work in progress and like i've been saying since this summer....its going to take at least this year and next to get the roster and chemistry right.

I can, and I love it.

Why is that so hard to admit? The whole point of the NBA is being the best, so why not have the best talent?

LA has a great team, possibly one of the greatest of all time.

But the difference between someone like me, and some other scrub,

is you won't see me proclaiming my team "is da bess", or "we will get 74 wins", or "we are a title lock" or some other dumb shit other fans do.

People like me, let the chips fall where they may.

I love my team being loaded with talent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    I can, and I love it.

Why is that so hard to admit? The whole point of the NBA is being the best, so why not have the best talent?

I love my team being loaded with talent.
    Exactly. Friends always tellling me how "stacked" my team is as if I'm to be ashamed of it.

I politely say "I know, right?" with a big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist

Dude has played with multiple all stars, an MVP and DPOY.

You dudes kill me with this "Lebron has never had good teammates" shit.

It old, tired, stale and completely false. Its becoming the new "AI led the 6ers by himself"

Relative to other playoff teams he hasn't. Mo Williams got the nod after 2 injuries and a campaign from LeBron. The others REALLY aren't relevant.