Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Anyone one who says Melo is dead wrong.

If Kobe played on USA this summer it would have been his team and they would have won gold (and I am a Kobe hater for the record).

This conversation wouldn't happen if Melo didn't do well this summer.
    I doubt that because Grease not only picked and rolled till the sun went down. But they played a zone and NBA players (especially young ones) have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I doubt that because Grease .
    They were playing a musical about the 50s?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    carmello has great post game, that puts him a step above kobe.

just look at wade's and carmello's % then look at kobe's or ray allen's.

post scoring > jump shot.
    Which is also why Duncan > KG, but you some people just can't look at things analytically.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    They were playing a musical about the 50s?
    LOL

Oops my bad.

Dunking on everybody in the park ronron15's Avatar

Default re

kobe handsdown. hes hurt rite now. comon ppl, its kobe... melo is still establishing himself... its just like a month into the season, everyone assumed melo will keep this up for the whole year,, while kobes been doin it for years.... melos just doin this for a month...

kobe definetly has better three point shootin, better range
    both have a good jab step
    both have good postup game
    both good in cluth situation, but i say kobe better
    kobe has a better fadaway jumper
    kobe posterize more ppl than melo does
    kobe's more atheltic, but hes healin now
    n melo's from this era whn its easier to scoreee!!! handcheck rule!!!!! This dam game is being changed so much and is becoming so much of a businesssss!!! Its killing the game itself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronron15
    kobe handsdown. hes hurt rite now. comon ppl, its kobe... melo is still establishing himself... its just like a month into the season, everyone assumed melo will keep this up for the whole year,, while kobes been doin it for years.... melos just doin this for a month...

kobe definetly has better three point shootin, better range
    both have a good jab step
    both have good postup game
    both good in cluth situation, but i say kobe better
    kobe has a better fadaway jumper
    kobe posterize more ppl than melo does
    kobe's more atheltic, but hes healin now
    n melo's from this era whn its easier to scoreee!!! handcheck rule!!!!! This dam game is being changed so much and is becoming so much of a businesssss!!! Its killing the game itself!!!!
    I weep for our educational system.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

kobe isnt better in the clutch, thats nothing but a myth, the guy shoots like 20% in win or die situations, their post games arent equal, not even close, i forgot the last time i saw kobe posting up someone else and i do watch a lot of lakers games with league pass.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    kobe isnt better in the clutch, thats nothing but a myth, the guy shoots like 20% in win or die situations, their post games arent equal, not even close, i forgot the last time i saw kobe posting up someone else and i do watch a lot of lakers games with league pass.
    That's the funniest thing. I've had League Pass for the past three years and during that time I'd say I've seen about 75% of Laker games (and I check scores/highligts every night when I don't see them) and Bryant's clutch rep is largely undeserved. I'm not going to say he hasn't made some clutch shots..........even incredible ones but it's like those couple of games have somehow replaced his OVERALL performance.

That's what Bryant fans do......they take a couple of great performances and pretend that they happen the MAJORITY of the time, which is false.

Bryant is actually NOT a great clutch performer when you take into account EVERYTHING. He doesn't pass in the clutch, and he takes ridiculous "Look at me I'm the hero" shots that miss much more often than they're made.

But when people have stars in their eyes, you can't tell them anything.

College star

Kobe haters stroking each others d!ck.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

stating the true is more like it, kobe is a 20% shooter in win or lose situations, an article in 82.com after the 04 finals debacle said so, melo, ray allen, dirk, mcgrady, wade all were more efficient in the clutch and my guess is the likes of billups, bibby, ginobili, brent barry, bell are all more prolific too.

No one mentions how Melo gets easy buckets at the other end from not crashing the boards?
    No one mentions how Melo range doesnt extend much beyond the arc?

More efficient? If you say so but Melo's offensive game isnt similar to Kobe who attacks and scores from all over.

Kobe offense is better than Melo. No argument.

Roy = my new fave.

Bryant's definitely a better scorer than Anthony.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I have to go with Kobe just because picking against a guy who scored 62 in three quarters and 81 a few weeks later makes my head hurt.

However, I have to say it's not nearly as one sided as some seem to believe. Offensively the only advantage Kobe has is perimeter shooting.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    That's the funniest thing. I've had League Pass for the past three years and during that time I'd say I've seen about 75% of Laker games (and I check scores/highligts every night when I don't see them) and Bryant's clutch rep is largely undeserved. I'm not going to say he hasn't made some clutch shots..........even incredible ones but it's like those couple of games have somehow replaced his OVERALL performance.

That's what Bryant fans do......they take a couple of great performances and pretend that they happen the MAJORITY of the time, which is false.

Bryant is actually NOT a great clutch performer when you take into account EVERYTHING. He doesn't pass in the clutch, and he takes ridiculous "Look at me I'm the hero" shots that miss much more often than they're made.

But when people have stars in their eyes, you can't tell them anything.
    i think kobe built his clutch-as-hell rep while shaq was around and he was really only asked to carry the team for the fourth quarter when o'neal's free throw shooting made him a liability. i remember kobe being the scariest player in the game in clutch situations back when they were winning rings. he's definitely trailed off some since shaq left and the whole burden got dumped on him. maybe he's tired. maybe he has trouble switching it into another gear in the last few minutes when he hasn't been asked to play that way the first 45. i don't know the cause, but he's definitely not as frightening with the ball in hand at the end of the game as he was back then. those big shots he hit against phoenix in the playoff last year were amazing though.

in any case i don't think melo's the scorer that kobe was last year. he's friggin' great though. it's like mark aguirre was reincarnated, grew 3 inches, and became athletic.

Roy = my new fave.

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Offensively the only advantage Kobe has is perimeter shooting.
    I'd call Bryant a better mid-range shooter, too.