Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Jordan's Greatest Playoff Series

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    His Phili series in '90, is my favorite series on this list. His absolute BEST, however, is vs. the '90 Pistons -- surprisingly you don't have this listed. Given the competition (best defense in the L), and the way he played at HOME, man... Give me that version of MJ and series all day.

Game 1: 34 points (12-25 fgs), 7 rebounds, 5 assists
    Game 3: 47 points (17-32 fgs), 10 rebounds, 4 assists
    Game 4: 42 points (13-25 fgs), 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks
    Game 6: 29 points (11-20 fgs), 10 rebounds, 2 assists
    Game 7: 31 points (13-27 fgs), 8 rebounds, 8 assists

His '91 Finals vs LA was fantastic too.
    Yeah, it's too bad Pippen had that migraine because the Bulls definitely could have won the series. Imagine what '90 Jordan would have done to Drexler after a few days of media hype - it would have been even more brutal than what he did in '92 since he would have had to carry more of the load.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    His Phili series in '90, is my favorite series on this list. His absolute BEST, however, is vs. the '90 Pistons -- surprisingly you don't have this listed. Given the competition (best defense in the L), and the way he played at HOME, man... Give me that version of MJ and series all day.

Game 1: 34 points (12-25 fgs), 7 rebounds, 5 assists
    Game 3: 47 points (17-32 fgs), 10 rebounds, 4 assists
    Game 4: 42 points (13-25 fgs), 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks
    Game 6: 29 points (11-20 fgs), 10 rebounds, 2 assists
    Game 7: 31 points (13-27 fgs), 8 rebounds, 8 assists

His '91 Finals vs LA was fantastic too.
    Yeah, I forgot the '90 series vs. Detroit, which, while not posting the gaudiest numbers, might be the best I've ever seen him play as an all-around player. Dude should have averaged 9 assists that series if not for butterfingers/intimidated teammates. If you ever want to see MJ's proficiency as a passer, watch that series and LA in 1991. Dude should have had like 6-8 assists in the 4th quarter alone in game 7 vs. Detroit. I added 1990 Detroit to my OP.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 10-22-2010 at 12:31 AM.

robertshaw_1
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    obviously 1992 vs miami

45.0 pts/9.7 reb/6.7 ast/3 stl/1 blk/61% FG

seriously, wtf is this? is this a glitch? was he on cheat-mode?
    cant compare that miami team with barkley

Banned

93 vs. Phoenix. Greatest performance I've ever watched, by a pretty large margin too.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

'89 vs Cavs

Shot over Ehlo, don't know anyone else who ended a series on a game-winner like that.

'86 vs Celtics will always go down in history.

1990 probably was his best playoff year individually as far as stats go. Had he won the championship that season, that would've been the best season of his career.

His stats against the Heat in '92 just . Was someone controlling his body in NBA 2k?

Still '93 Finals is his best ever.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    Yeah, it's too bad Pippen had that migraine because the Bulls definitely could have won the series. Imagine what '90 Jordan would have done to Drexler after a few days of media hype - it would have been even more brutal than what he did in '92 since he would have had to carry more of the load.
    Jordan's legacy is already unbelievable, obviously, but had he took that Bulls team to the Finals winning his first ring vs Drexler? Jordan would be the undisputed GOAT imo. I'm dead serious lol.

vs. Miami, 1992 - 45.0 pts/9.7 reb/6.7 ast/3 stl/1 blk/61% FG
    LOL WTF

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Yeah, I forgot the '90 series vs. Detroit, which, while not posting the gaudiest numbers, might be the best I've ever seen him play as an all-around player. Dude should have averaged 9 assists that series if not for butterfingers/intimidated teammates. If you ever want to see MJ's proficiency as a passer, watch that series and LA in 1991. Dude should have had like 6-8 assists in the 4th quarter alone in game 7 vs. Detroit. I added 1990 Detroit to my OP.
    Nice. It's only right man. Playing that way vs a defensive powerhouse is unheard of.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by laronprofit9
    '89 vs Cavs

Shot over Ehlo, don't know anyone else who ended a series on a game-winner like that.

'86 vs Celtics will always go down in history.

1990 probably was his best playoff year individually as far as stats go. Had he won the championship that season, that would've been the best season of his career.

His stats against the Heat in '92 just . Was someone controlling his body in NBA 2k?

Still '93 Finals is his best ever.
    Miami was atrocious defensively, they had a 110.9 defensive rating.

robertshaw_1
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

12 asis... per game (and 31 pts) in 1991 nba finals.....

vs. Miami, 1992 - 45.0 pts/9.7 reb/6.7 ast/3 stl/1 blk/61% FG
    How the **** is this even possible.

owwwww

I've seen most of these, this is how I'd rank them.

1. vs. Lakers in '91
    2 a. vs. Blazers in '92
    2 b. vs. Suns in '93
    4. vs. Cavs in '89
    5. vs. Knicks in '89 (stats are hurt by one game and he STILL averaged 36/10/8 on 55%)
    6. vs. Cavs in '88 (better statistically here than in '89 but I wasn't impressed by the D in this series)
    7. vs. Sixers in '90 (maybe should be higher, 40 pts never looked so effortless)
    8. vs. Knicks in '92 (not listed)
    9. vs. Bucks in '90 (very underrated series - probably took the hardest foul of his career in this one too)
    10. vs. Celtics in '86 (respect 3 game series stats a lot less than 5-7 game series, gave this the edge over Miami because of it being better competition)

I think it would be cool to have a thread matching up the ten best or so playoff series (with context, not just numbers) of all the top 10 players. Rebounding stats would need to be adjusted to a set pace factor though or pre 90s players get a huge advantage.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks25
    How the **** is this even possible.
    In game 3, Jordan had 54 points over the final 3 quarters after a 2 point first quarter at the end of which Steve Smith and Brian Shaw started taunting him, saying "we've got your number tonight MJ - we're shutting you down!" Jordan then drops 54 points in quarters 2-4 in the series clincher. Unreal. That series also has possibly my favorite Jordan sequence ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVcwa99dBB4#t=0m50s

Clearer video but worse camera angle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4hbmlfSr0#t=0m34s

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    93 vs. Phoenix. Greatest performance I've ever watched, by a pretty large margin too.
    That Suns team was a joke. Overweight hot dog eating center Miller in the the paint, the Suns had 0 defensive ability, no wonder MJ has his overrated 41ppg "record".

Once the great teams from the 80's fell apart he was able to win rings in a diluted league against micky mouse squads like the Sonics and Jazz.

The Sonics were an erratic team that finally got it together in '96. MJ shot a lousy 40% that series to win and his shooting during the 4th quarter that series was complete sh*t. Also an embarrassing 5-19 performance in the deciding Game 6. Rodman grabbed all his bricks!

In game 3, Jordan had 54 points over the final 3 quarters after a 2 point first quarter at the end of which Steve Smith and Brian Shaw started taunting him, saying "we've got your number tonight MJ - we're shutting you down!" Jordan then drops 54 points in quarters 2-4 in the series clincher. Unreal. That series also has possibly my favorite Jordan sequence ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVcwa99dBB4#t=0m50s

Clearer video but worse camera angle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4hbmlfSr0#t=0m34s
    Damn. Shitting on the entire Heat team.