Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Will kobe play until he is 40

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    [/B]

He's always had trouble guarding ray... he was never interested in chasing ray around screens all day even his own coach said so
    The same goes for Reggie and Rip. I recall Kobe saying Reggie was the hardest player to guard.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    He'll last until 40 - he has been on steroids and illegal PEDs since his rookie year.
    lol BANNED

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    The same goes for Reggie and Rip. I recall Kobe saying Reggie was the hardest player to guard.
    your actually correct on that... he says it in his camp in 2010 (i think thats the yr) that reggie was the toughest person he had to guard in his career

NBA rookie of the year

Assuming this season is cancelled entirely, I'd say he plays until he's 36-37. So 2-3 more seasons after this one if this one is cancelled.

Very good NBA starter

He's already said he plays to play until 40. And go down as the GOAT.

I think Kobe will be capable of playing up to that age, but he will be no where near a goto type of player. He would be a nice role player, but I seriously doubt he plays that long. He will retire before he becomes a shell of his former self.

I realize that Kobe and MJ are had different career paths cause Kobe came outta HS. But MJ at 40 was STILL a top ten SF and All Star caliber player at 39 or 40. I would say MJ was still a top 20-25 player in the L. From the all around sense, he was just as good as say a Vince Carter even at that time. And MJ could still takeover a game and put 50 on u, but not as consistently or as much. He would just get tired quicker, but MJ was still very, very nice.

I think Kobe has the work ethic and pride to get as close as he can to GOAT status. If he gets to say 8 rings and gets in the top three in scoring all time, his resume will look as good as anybody EVER. But guys like Wilt, MJ, Magic, Bird, and Kareem are mythic figures who revolutionized their positions and the game. Kobe as great as he was didn't revolutionize the game cause he was so similar to MJ. It's very hard to redefine a position so I don't hold that against Kobe. Therefore, Kob is going to find a way to play until 40 and be almost as good as MJ was at 40. Which would still make Kob an All Star type player still capable of doin shit like he did in his prime at times.