Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Will kobe play until he is 40

what do you guys think now?

Banned

I don't want him to be like Jordan and overstay his welcome. If he can't be a top 10 player he shouldn't play. I don't think he will play if he isn't a top 10 player anyway. He'll hang it before then

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I don't want him to be like Jordan and overstay his welcome. If he can't be a top 10 player he shouldn't play. I don't think he will play if he isn't a top 10 player anyway. He'll hang it before then
    He better hang it pretty soon then...imo he's got like two years left of top ten play in him.

Banned

I would say he's got 3 more seasons left of top 10 play..barring injury of course. His game translates well with age. The only thing that will be hard for him is on defense. It'll be difficult for him to guard these younger, quicker guards like Westbrook, Rose, D Will, CP3, etc. Offensively, he will be a 25 ppg guy easily. He won't have to chuck for it either. Put him in the post and he can destroy guys down there.

I would say he's got 3 more seasons left of top 10 play..barring injury of course. His game translates well with age. The only thing that will be hard for him is on defense. It'll be difficult for him to guard these younger, quicker guards like Westbrook, Rose, D Will, CP3, etc. Offensively, he will be a 25 ppg guy easily. He won't have to chuck for it either. Put him in the post and he can destroy guys down there.
    You do realize he can't play as many minutes as he used to, so he'll have to have an insane usage percentage (like he did last year) and/or chuck to keep getting 25 ppg unless he magically regains his stamina. And he already is unable to guard young, quick guards, heck, he has trouble with Ray Allen these days.

40 years old Kobe > Any Derek Fisher.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    You do realize he can't play as many minutes as he used to, so he'll have to have an insane usage percentage (like he did last year) and/or chuck to keep getting 25 ppg unless he magically regains his stamina. And he already is unable to guard young, quick guards, heck, he has trouble with Ray Allen these days.
    You do realize that he was coming off of 3 straight finals as well as the Olympics and surgery? They were limiting his minutes to save him for the playoffs. Heck, just the season before last he was playing 38 mpg. This rest will do him some good. Kobe is a very well conditioned athlete and takes care of himself. He can still play 35 mpg+ easily.

I'm not sure what the last part has to do with anything but like I said, defensively is where he'll have some trouble as he gets older. Not necessarily due to ability, but lack of effort.

You do realize that he was coming off of 3 straight finals as well as the Olympics and surgery? They were limiting his minutes to save him for the playoffs. Heck, just the season before last he was playing 38 mpg. This rest will do him some good. Kobe is a very well conditioned athlete and takes care of himself. He can still play 35 mpg+ easily.

I'm not sure what the last part has to do with anything but like I said, defensively is where he'll have some trouble as he gets older. Not necessarily due to ability, but lack of effort.
    Get out of here with that logical thinking and such.

Kobe will come back strong next season. Will probably be top 3 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

Top 3 lol. Got any more jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Top 3 lol. Got any more jokes?
    Yeah, what a huge stretch of the imagination. A top 10 player all-time that is 33 and healthier than he has been in years might make it back into the top 3. Boy, what a stretch.

Yeah, what a huge stretch of the imagination. A top 10 player all-time that is 33 and healthier than he has been in years might make it back into the top 3. Boy, what a stretch.
    1.Howard comes to LA. (or someother superstar)
    2.LA wins ring thanks to Howard's performance.
    3.Kobe gets attention with scoring more than 20 ppg with absurd % and making ugly faces.
    4.Kobe gets hyped again by media as top 3 again.

It sounds reasonable.

sure.. if he wants to be a benchwarmer or roleplayer

I've been hearing this "Kobe is gonna be healthier" ever since LeBron became clearly better than Kobe around 2008-09 or so. Funny shit.

Very good NBA starter

lol @ that moron RRR3.