Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Jordan Switching Hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jBK...ure=grec_index

I never actually saw the revers angle replay. Watching it live it was a lot harder than I thought. And on the reverse angle replay I can see why he changed it, since Perk motioned that he was going to jump.

Never really cared for this play, but watching it live puts it in better perspective. I can see why it's so famous, considering how it must have been watching it live, after 12 straight FGs.

Default Re: Jordan Switching Hands

It's only famous because of Marv Albert.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    It's only famous because of Marv Albert.
    So the video a couple of times, didn't even noticed Marv.

He's kinky.

I never understood the big deal about this move. It was overrated and unnecessary. I hate Marv Albert too. You suck Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    So the video a couple of times, didn't even noticed Marv.

He's kinky.
    His voiceover on the play is why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    I never understood the big deal about this move. It was overrated and unnecessary. I hate Marv Albert too. You suck Marv.
    Look at the reverse angle, clearly Perkins set up to jump at the last second. Unless Jordan can read mind, his reflexes are going to cause him to switch hands to avoid getting blocked.

Think of Kobe faking a jump shot. Even though he didn't actually shoot the ball, his opponent jumped, thinking that he was. Similar situation, Jordan thought Perkins was going to jump, just like Kobe's opponent thought he was going to shoot.

By the way, Marv once said, "A big black guy once held my head, when I was down on my knees." I'm not sure what he meant by that, but I think he was talking about his hair not falling because it's a weave.
    Last edited by jstern; 09-01-2010 at 12:49 PM.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

it's not a difficult play and i would imagine just about every nba shooting guard and pull it off..although i will give him credit because it's a smart play yet vastly overrated

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    it's not a difficult play and i would imagine just about every nba shooting guard and pull it off..although i will give him credit because it's a smart play yet vastly overrated
    It's not just the play, but the situation. Watching it live, Jordan being extremely on fire hitting so far 12 FGs in a row, and then looking like he's showing off.

Lebron did a similar play, they compared it to Jordan's side by side on NBA.com. It wasn't even close. Probably cause Lebron jumps off one leg. But it didn't have the Jordan style.

Local High School Star

You're not serious, are you? Marv is easily the best NBA play by play guy.

Perkins was a crap defender. He basically shuffled his feet and kinda half ass pretended to move his arms. He was no where near Jordan and he never really tried to contest the shot. I've seen Kobe hit a left handed 3 pointer in a game so I'm not impressed with Jordan's fake hustle. Or how about this.....

Perkins was a crap defender. He basically shuffled his feet and kinda half ass pretended to move his arms. He was no where near Jordan and he never really tried to contest the shot. I've seen Kobe hit a left handed 3 pointer in a game so I'm not impressed with Jordan's fake hustle. Or how about this.....

That play doesn't look as good as Jordan's in slow motion, so it never reached the same level of fame. Plus it was more of a circus shot, then an artistic play. That Kobe play is the type you see on the playground often by regular people, while the Jordan one requires a lot of physical ability, like being able to palm the ball, dunk, body control, and do a left handed layup, which most people have trouble with. Plus people who know a lot about basketball might not like that play by Kobe, since he wasn't successful in creating a better shot for himself.
    Last edited by jstern; 09-01-2010 at 01:01 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

One of the greatest plays ever.

Hummm.. straight line to the basket uncontested lay-up vs. splitting a double team and going head-to-head against the DPOY and making him look like a fool.

Tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    That play doesn't look as good as Jordan's in slow motion, so it never reached the same level of fame. Plus it was more of a circus shot, then an artistic play. That Kobe play is the type you see on the playground often by regular people, while the Jordan one requires a lot of physical ability, like being able to palm the ball, dunk, body control, and do a left handed layup, which most people have trouble with. Plus people who know a lot about basketball might not like that play by Kobe, since he wasn't successful in creating a better shot for himself.
    It never reached the level of fame because of Mike Breen's late and weak reaction. But Kobe's play is better and far more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Hummm.. straight line to the basket uncontested lay-up vs. splitting a double team and going head-to-head against the DPOY and making him look like a fool.

Tough choice.
    srsly

I usually hit open layups stickfigure87's Avatar

maybe because i wasn't old enough to really watch this live (i was 3), but i don't understand the hype of it either. i get that it's 13 FG's in a row, and probably the prettiest in the string of fire.

but as a single play? it just doesn't stack up, imho.