Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Remembering Kobe's 4 infamous airballs versus the Jazz

I like how all the "lakers" fans get defensive people cannot enjoy a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Wait, so you guys make mixes of LeBron losing in the playoffs and he shows one funny video of Kobe missing and you're all butthurt? Dammmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Nagato
    I like how all the "lakers" fans get defensive people cannot enjoy a laugh.
    Agreed, don't really see what the big deal is

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    After those airballs, it drove him to be a great player.
    Here we go. Lebron + Kobe fan peace treaty haha
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6...fba3o1_400.gif

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Wait, so you guys make mixes of LeBron losing in the playoffs and he shows one funny video of Kobe missing and you're all butthurt? Dammmm.
    The only reason Kobe fans don't get ridiculed more is because there's so many of them. They outnumber the rest of us by a wide margin.

NBA lottery pick

What are you a bandwagon jazz fan or a Kobe fan?

oh yeah kobe hit 4 airballs in a row and went on to win 5 titles
    jzz went on to lose twice to jordan's bulls and yet to win one title

whos laughing now lol jk yeah its funny to watch thoese shots because I know it motivated kobe to become better and now the jokes been on the rest of the nba for the last 13 yrs

Poor Kobe. I'm sure we can all relate to being really nervous in certain situations.

Imagine if it was Lebron though. I wish there were alternate universe just to see all the people who are getting really really defensive and making excuses, completely bash Lebron.

Dunking on everybody in the park laronprofit9's Avatar

I can recall Kobe being grateful that happened. At the time when he was 18 years old he wasn't, but that lit a fire under his ass, and allowed him to be the most accomplished, most successful, and best perimeter player of the decade.

Everyone with great success also had many failures along the way. Kobe is one key example of this. He wasn't afraid to fail, and that's why Kobe is where he is at today.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

It's just one game, does it make it any different? Drop the hate and enjoy a laugh.

that last one was truly horrible, i cant think of a more selfish or dumber moment off the top of my head, not in this situation anyway, how after three other airballs do you still have the nerve to heave that when others are spotting up calling for the ball?

A lanky, charismatic, 6-6, 200-pound prodigy, Kobe led little-known Lower Merion High to the Pennsylvania state title just later year. Now he was being asked to win an NBA Playoff game. No Problem.

"Give me the ball, coach," Bryant says. "I'll drain it".

The clock ticks, and Bryant takes the ball down court, two players to his left, two on the right. With a few ticks left, he stops -- 14 feet out -- and takes what henceforth be referred to as The Other Shot. The ball sails through the air with a high arc and.. airball.

Utah fans go crazy. Overtime. In OT, Bryant throws up three more long bombs -- all airballs -- The Lakers lose 98-93. As the Lakers leave the court, Shaq, who has taken a liking to the rookie, talks to kid, who hates to lose -- Especially with the eyes of the world on him -- "I dont want to see you hanging your head -- You had a great season," he says. "Go home, work hard and we'll come back next year". But as Bryant walks off the court, the thoughts race through his mind, especially as he takes one more look at that elusive rim. "Am i really ready for all of this?"

Whats the most important lesson you learned last year?

KB: Patience

- Slam Magazine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    A lanky, charismatic, 6-6, 200-pound prodigy, Kobe led little-known Lower Merion High to the Pennsylvania state title just later year. Now he was being asked to win an NBA Playoff game. No Problem.

"Give me the ball, coach," Bryant says. "I'll drain it".

The clock ticks, and Bryant takes the ball down court, two players to his left, two on the right. With a few ticks left, he stops -- 14 feet out -- and takes what henceforth be referred to as The Other Shot. The ball sails through the air with a high arc and.. airball.

Utah fans go crazy. Overtime. In OT, Bryant throws up three more long bombs -- all airballs -- The Lakers lose 98-93. As the Lakers leave the court, Shaq, who has taken a liking to the rookie, talks to kid, who hates to lose -- Especially with the eyes of the world on him -- "I dont want to see you hanging your head -- You had a great season," he says. "Go home, work hard and we'll come back next year". But as Bryant walks off the court, the thoughts race through his mind, especially as he takes one more look at that elusive rim. "Am i really ready for all of this?"

Whats the most important lesson you learned last year?

KB: Patience

- Slam Magazine
    Thank You. I dont see why this is even funny ...obviously it motivated him you guys are just laughing at yourselves. There is also this video on Youtube with Shaq saying no one else wanted to take that shot & that Kobe was the only one brave enough to take it.

It would be funny if he didnt go on to accomplish all that he did but thats not the case. Im guessing you guys on this board have never been through shit in life and made through?
    Last edited by opps; 08-29-2010 at 03:13 AM.

I commented almost 3 hours ago, but I didn't bother looking at the video because embarrassing moment make me feel uncomfortable for the person. I just saw the video, and OMG, it was a lot worse than I remember. I would definitely work my ass off after such an embarrssing moment.

One more comment, the people using his age as an excuse. It's not an excuse, Kobe was obviously petrified. If you're going to praise him for being 18 and in the NBA then you can't use his age as an excuse in this situation. It makes you look like un objective Kobe stans who would defend the slightest mistake Kobe makes. (I've never used the word stan before.) He was nervous, get over it. I saw signs of nervousness from Kobe during last finals, rushing certain shot in the final seconds of the biggest stage. He's human, not a god.
    Last edited by jstern; 08-29-2010 at 03:02 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I commented almost 3 hours ago, but I didn't bother looking at the video because embarrassing moment make me feel uncomfortable for the person. I just saw the video, and OMG, it was a lot worse than I remember. I would definitely work my ass off after such an embarrssing moment.

One more comment, the people using his age as an excuse. It's not an excuse, Kobe was obviously petrified. If you're going to praise him for being 18 and in the NBA then you can't use his age as an excuse in this situation. He was nervous, get over it. I saw signs of nervousness from Kobe during last finals, rushing certain shot in the final seconds of the biggest stage. He's human.
    Who ever praised 18 year old kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Who ever praised 18 year old kobe?
    A lot of Kobe fans who love that he enter the league at 18, because he was in the NBA at such a young age. Just look around youtube, young Kobe videos. I'm sure you'll find plenty of comments.