Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Strong Side/Weak Side

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He's apparently better than Kobe, Wade and Lebron to some people...

Oh and don't forget Grant Hill; he was like, Lebron, but before Lebron... lol.

Some of the kids on here need to shut the f*ck up and stop pretending like they knew shit about previous eras if they haven't read up on it and watched tapes of the games.
    Seriously ...

Grant Hill was actually a superior version of Scottie Pippen.

Minus the as intense defense, but we all know Pippen acquired that talent by guarding MJ everyday, and MJ's tenacity leaking into Pippen's basketball brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Seriously ...

Grant Hill was actually a superior version of Scottie Pippen.

Minus the as intense defense, but we all know Pippen acquired that talent by guarding MJ everyday, and MJ's tenacity leaking into Pippen's basketball brain.
    Are you a bulls fan swoosh?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Are you a bulls fan swoosh?
    Growing up, of course. Why wouldn't I have been? Growing up in the city of Chicago, watching these Bulls teams.

Growing up, of course. Why wouldn't I have been? Growing up in the city of Chicago, watching these Bulls teams.
    So how can you say hill was superior to pippen? Again another case where you look at ppg and make a silly determination. And even when hill maxed out at 25 ppg that's only three more points than pip. But for the most part, hill and pippen averaged the same amount of ppg. Except pippen had to share the ball with jordan.

The fact is that grant hill, lebron james, scottie pippen, and magic johnson are all the same type of players.

Another question, are you a bulls fan now?

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Dominique was a great player just not better than pippen. And I don't mean to rag on manute. I'm just sick of these posers that claim to be bulls fans to qualify their degradation of pippen. Just admit you love jordan and followed the bulls only cuz michael jordan played for them. And the fact is that manutes post alligns him in that camp.
    Manute posted a picture from a recent Onion page, one that they have several different versions of with various athletes. They're obviously not meant to be taken too seriously.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/scottie-pippen,17933/

I understand if you want to call out someone who calls Pippen a roleplayer or compares him to Bruce Bowen or Shane Battier, but you really need to relax. Pretty much every knowledgeable poster on this site will tell you that he's one of the 30 greatest players of all-time or better and those who don't will most likely have him somewhere between 30 and 40. Anyone who blatantly claims that Pippen has no business being on the Top 50 Greatest Players list is probably someone who is just looking for attention because I don't see how you can make a serious case for leaving him off of it.

Also, maybe it's just me, but you don't seem to care all that much for Jordan despite claiming to be a Bulls fan. Just seems kind of odd.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

It seems you can't be a pippen and fan and a Jordan fan on this site. I'm rare I guess seeing as I am a complete Bulls fan and love both players. That why you never see me propping up one over the other. I see them as pieces of a whole. Both were great.

Pippen is absolutely deserving of top 25-30 all time. I have him higher, but I can see if someone else doesn't. I was at that 1.8 seconds game right under the rim kukoc hit the game winner on.

His actions will hurt him in his rankings in my opinion. In that game I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred
    Manute posted a picture from a recent Onion page, one that they have several different versions of with various athletes. They're obviously not meant to be taken too seriously.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/scottie-pippen,17933/

I understand if you want to call out someone who calls Pippen a roleplayer or compares him to Bruce Bowen or Shane Battier, but you really need to relax. Pretty much every knowledgeable poster on this site will tell you that he's one of the 30 greatest players of all-time or better and those who don't will most likely have him somewhere between 30 and 40. Anyone who blatantly claims that Pippen has no business being on the Top 50 Greatest Players list is probably someone who is just looking for attention because I don't see how you can make a serious case for leaving him off of it.

Also, maybe it's just me, but you don't seem to care all that much for Jordan despite claiming to be a Bulls fan. Just seems kind of odd.
    I really don't respond to the jordan haters. To me no player is comparable to him. I'm on record as saying that michael jordan has NO WEAKNESS when it comes to basketball. He is the greatest ever.

Root Of All Evil

So how can you say hill was superior to pippen?
    Coming into the league, and given his progression as a player, I saw him as a upgraded version of Scottie Pippen. More polished skill wise, etc. Like I said the only thing he lacked was the defensive intensity, which I believe came from Pippen being hounded by Jordan, and facing the greatest offensive threat in the game on a DAILY basis.

And even when hill maxed out at 25 ppg that's only three more points than pip.
    3 ppg is significant, my dude.

The difference between low 20's to mid 20's to high 20's is only a few points, but that difference is huge.

Root Of All Evil

Another question, are you a bulls fan now?
    To an extent, sure. As I grew older my child like sensibilities and association with one team basketball wise faded, and I became a bigger fan of the game as a whole.

What exactly does that have to do with this thread? Nothing.

Coming into the league, and given his progression as a player, I saw him as a upgraded version of Scottie Pippen. More polished skill wise, etc. Like I said the only thing he lacked was the defensive intensity, which I believe came from Pippen being hounded by Jordan, and facing the greatest offensive threat in the game on a DAILY basis.

3 ppg is significant, my dude.

The difference between low 20's to mid 20's to high 20's is only a few points, but that difference is huge.
    How many points does grant hill avg if he played with jordan? And don't say 20 cuz for the most part, he avg. 21 without sharring the ball with a player like jordan

Root Of All Evil

How many points does grant hill avg if he played with jordan? And don't say 20 cuz for the most part, he avg. 21 without sharring the ball with a player like jordan
    So are you asking me, and then telling me my answer? The point I am making is Grant Hill was more refined skill wise (offensively) that he could produce at a higher level than Pippen, IMO. I don't doubt Grant Hill could average from 20 to 23 ppg playing along side Michael Jordan.

That's no knock on Pippen, that's just stating the obvious that Grant Hill was a very special talent pre-knee injury.

To an extent, sure. As I grew older my child like sensibilities and association with one team basketball wise faded, and I became a bigger fan of the game as a whole.

What exactly does that have to do with this thread? Nothing.
    Sure it does. Your a pippen hater. And while you outgrew what you call your "childlike" sensibilities, your not man enough to admit your a hater. Your what us men call a band wagoner. See how that happened?

Banned

Pippen at his peak was actually very close to mid 80's Magic Johnson statistically speaking.....

Root Of All Evil

Sure it does. Your a pippen hater. And while you outgrew what you call your "childlike" sensibilities, your not man enough to admit your a hater. Your what us men call a band wagoner. See how that happened?
    See how what happened? I find it fascinating that you lept to a conclusion that I am a "Pippen Hater"?

Where did I say or even insinuate I didn't like him or respect him as a player? I just keep it level headed in regards to his place in the history of the game.

Obviously I grew up watching him and he was one of my favorites.

A band wagoner? Real men don't care about what others think of them. You can call me a band wagoner till you are BLUE in the face. It doesn't bother me.

Especially considering it doesn't even make sense. I originate from Chicago, grew up watching them. How would that make me a band wagoner?