Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021 LastLast
    Lakers are MY TEAM

Default Re: Shaq signs with the Celtics!

I'll go on record saying it's a GREAT move. I totally agree with the physical dominance aspect and 6 more fouls as discussed earlier. I also think of Shaq as the "Z Crusher." He's going for 30 every time he sees that guy on the court. For the vet minimum, it's just awesome.

I really don't see how it could go bad, unless he's injured -- at which point he's a non factor, or if he becomes a cancer -- and then he's released. I just don't see how he would become a cancer when he has a chance for a ring.

However, given IMO, that a healthy Bynum is about as a likely as a healthy front line for the Celts -- there's a good chance for the Lakers to still win it all. A healthy Bynum in the playoffs (I know htat that's pretty rare) would still dominate those guys -- but the extra fouls will make a difference.

The improved bench for the Lakers will even out that disadvantage from before though, so it will really be a great one to watch. PLUS, just LeBron not making the finals will make me quite happy.

Good Luck Celts fans, until the finals that is...

Default Re: Shaq close to agreement with Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    This make sense with Perkins out until next year. Shaq should be able to put the same numbers as Perkins.
    Yeah, definately. It was a smart decision on the celticts part.

[QUOTE=Se

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rambis
    I'll go on record saying it's a GREAT move. I totally agree with the physical dominance aspect and 6 more fouls as discussed earlier. I also think of Shaq as the "Z Crusher." He's going for 30 every time he sees that guy on the court. For the vet minimum, it's just awesome.

I really don't see how it could go bad, unless he's injured -- at which point he's a non factor, or if he becomes a cancer -- and then he's released. I just don't see how he would become a cancer when he has a chance for a ring.

However, given IMO, that a healthy Bynum is about as a likely as a healthy front line for the Celts -- there's a good chance for the Lakers to still win it all. A healthy Bynum in the playoffs (I know htat that's pretty rare) would still dominate those guys -- but the extra fouls will make a difference.

The improved bench for the Lakers will even out that disadvantage from before though, so it will really be a great one to watch. PLUS, just LeBron not making the finals will make me quite happy.

Good Luck Celts fans, until the finals that is...
    Andrew Bynum's productivity in the Finals vs. Boston:

Game 1: 10 pts, 6 rbs
    Game 2: 21 pts, 6 rbs
    Game 3: 9 pts, 10 rbs
    Game 4: 2 pts, 3 rbs
    Game 5: 6 pts, 1 rb
    Game 6: 2 pts, 4 rbs
    Game 7: 2 pts, 6 rbs

DOMINANCE.

Obvious homer is obvious. This was the healthiest Bynum you have had in several seasons, as he was even touted as one of their primary "difference makers" this past season as well as during the 2008-2009 playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    And what you're doing is ignoring my points and counter arguments because of one statement - classic ISH, picking one thing to complain about, whilst ignoring everything else.

He may have been a liability in Cleveland, but in a different situation he could thrive. Why are you trying to write him off so quickly? Because you don't want to admit the Celtics got better. The Lakers got better

Starting a post by saying my opinion is invalid because I'm a Laker fan - classic ISH

I'm writing him off quickly because I really do believe he's done as a significant contributer for a contender.

I hope the Celtics got better, because they'll need it to take down the Heat and Magic, and that's the only way we'll face them again in the finals. But I don't think they are good enough matchup wise vs the Heat, adding two old O'Neal's while loosing their best wing defender I don't think is the way to go when the Heat loaded up with 2 of the 3 best wing players in the world and one of the better PF's.

It's not always blatant hate just because someone roots for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train

"Good one"
    Way to argue, considering how many lineups are played by teams each season, 7th most isn't that far down.

Wow miami heat doesnt have a change against boston LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4na14dir9O4

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Lol. ex-Laker.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah, in Shaq's last 15 games before his injury, he was averaging 15.7 ppg on 64.6% shooting in 26.1 mpg and the Cavs were 12-3. And he wasn't doing it against scrubs either.

He demolished Emeka Okafor with 20 points on 9/13 shooting in 31 minutes. Okafor had just 4 points on 2/5 shooting.

He had 20 points vs Dwight Howard on 9/10 shooting in 31 minutes. Dwight had 22 points and 16 rebounds, but on 7/15 shooting in 43 minutes. Obviously, Shaq isn't going to impact a game like Howard anymore, but the fact that he was more productive offensively is impressive.

Shaq had 18 points on 9/15 shooting vs Nene who had 8 points on 4/10 shooting.

In another game vs Dwight, he got Dwight into foul trouble and limited him to 31 minutes. Shaq was productive in his 19 minutes with 10/6.

Shaq had 13 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks in 21 minutes vs Marc Gasol who had 10 points and 3 rebounds on 4/9 shooting in 25 minutes, and Gasol had 5 fouls.

Shaq also had 22/8 on 8/10 shooting in 25 minutes vs Roy Hibbert who had 4 points and 4 rebounds on 2/9 shooting before fouling after 25 minutes.

He also had 13/6/3 in 28 minutes vs the Lakers. Bynum had just 7/8 in 27 minutes and he had 4 fouls. Gasol had just 13/8 on 5/14 shooting and he had 5 fouls in 33 minutes

And that was all during a 15 game stretch, unfortunately, this stretch of good basketball was ended with that injury.

Put Shaq against good big men and he'll deliver in limited minutes. Maybe it's pride, or maybe he matches up better with other more traditional big men, I don't know, but he's still very valuable vs teams with good big men.

You can't blame Shaq for losing to Boston either. He was a role player last year and he produced 13.5 ppg in 23.5 mpg in the series. Cleveland was close in one of the games, either game 4 or 6 and he went out with his 5th foul and the game slipped away in the 4th. In fact Cleveland may have been winning that game when he went out. He led them in scoring one game with 21 points in 27 minutes on great efficiency. Up 2-1, Lebron shot 7/18 from the field, 0/5 on 3s and has 7 turnovers in game 4. In game 5, he shot 3/14 from the field and 0/4 on 3s. In game 6, he had 27/19/10, but the game he had was MUCH worse than the stats suggest. Though his 8/21 shooting and 9 turnovers do give you an idea. Garnett destroyed Antawn Jamison, Cleveland's number 2 guy. Garnett averaged 19/8 on 52% shooting while Jamison averaged just 12/7 on 42% shooting. Cleveland's 3rd option Mo Williams averaged 13/5 on 41% shooting while his counterpart Rajon Rondo torched him to the tune of 21/6/12 on 54% shooting. Hell, Shaq was Cleveland's 2nd leading scorer in the series.

Yet people act like Shaq can't help a team? He played his role well last year, but with Lebron playing like he did in games 4-6(and game 2 for that matter) and Jamison and Williams getting dominated so thoroughly, Cleveland didn't stand much of a chance.
    Excellent post. Shaq is still a factor, people can deny it all they want. No one can still effectively play single coverage versus Shaq in the post and he still is a very good post defender.

I think they should start Shaq over JO. Who knows how effective Perk will be when he returns from injury, he might not start at all or until very late into the season.

Rondo (36) / Robinson (12)
    Allen (32) / Bradley (10) / Robinson (6)
    Pierce (30) / Daniels (18)
    Garnett (28) / Davis (20)
    Shaq (24) / JO (24)
    Last edited by Grinder; 08-05-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Banned

Never thought I'd live to see the day.
    O'Neal TAG TEAM. Epic.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Excellent post. Shaq is still a factor, people can deny it all they want. No one can still effectively play single coverage versus Shaq in the post and he still is a very good post defender.

I think they should start Shaq over JO. Who knows how effective Perk will be when he returns from injury, he might not start at all or until very late into the season.

Shaq (24) / JO (24)
    For the min, Shaq is a freakin bargain! But don't get too excited, his pick and roll defense is atrocious right now. I would start JO unless they're playing the Raptors or some team with a real weak center. As for Perkins, he's such an offensive liability that he should only play when his defense is really needed eg. vs Dwight
    Last edited by Inception; 08-06-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Inception
    For the min, Shaq is a freakin bargain! But don't get too excited, his pick and roll defense is atrocious right now. I would start JO unless they're playing the Raptors or some team with a real weak center. As for Perkins, he's such an offensive liability that he should only play when his defense is really needed eg. vs Dwight

Shaq needs to play against the teams with the best centers. He shouldn't be playing big minutes against teams like the Raptors who are going to be spread out and running the entire game.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

Shaq (24) / JO (24)
    Wafer will get minutes over Bradley, at the start of the season at least. Still hoping we can use Sheed's contract to get another wing.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
    To be honest, this signing would push them over the top IMO for at least the best team in the east. Yes Miami has great talent but Boston is so battle tested and veteran laden right now I think they might just have one great year left in them.
    This is the same thing people said about the Phoenix and Cleveland situations. I think the espn analyists said it best.. the Celtics are the league's best pick and roll defense team... shaq is one of the worst pick and roll defenders in the league.

The last 2 teams that Shaq was traded to (Suns and Cavs) both underachieved in the playoffs. I can't say I'm upset to see him going to the Celts.