Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki vs Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    No that would just mean the ball is in Paul's hands more then Deron's.
    I don't see your point.

But I found out that you're

RG

so there's also no reason in arguing with you.
    I saw you try to argue with people on realgm about this and failed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Is that really your only argument? 1 missed clutch layup?
    he loves talking about chokers, so do i

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Th3ShowMVP
    One of the biggest Dirk Haters chooses Dirk.

You know the answer. Dirk The Jerk.
    I'm not a "Dirk Hater"... I'm just not a fan of the Mavericks, and Cuban is for the most part, a jerk.

Dirk is one of the most respectful players in the league, never really complains about anything, and let's his game do the talking... I can respect all of that.

But, like any player, he's got faults to his game, and I've seen very many people on this board gloss over them too much, for whatever reason... I've pointed them out at times, maybe that's why I'm considered a "hater".

Still, both players in question have had truly amazing moments and not-so-amazing moments.

Like I said, it's a tough choice, and if Dwight improves on his moves and his overall grasp of basketball, I'd probably go with him 8 times out of 10... I think his ceiling is slightly higher than Dirk's, and that's really saying something... But, right now, I like Dirk's abilities as a player, and (this is just a hunch) I think he's probably more eager to do what he has to do to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    He averaged 9.9 rebounds in a regular season twice and is averaging 11 rebounds in the playoffs, but yeah, I agree with you on the rest.

Still, my vote obviously goes to Dirk.
    Yeah, but that was almost 10 years ago. If he couldn't do it at 7 ft at 24 and 25, I doubt he'll do it at 32+.

Still a great player, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I think his ceiling is slightly higher than Dirk's, and that's really saying something... But, right now, I like Dirk's abilities as a player, and (this is just a hunch) I think he's probably more eager to do what he has to do to win a championship.
    No...it isn't.

7-time NBA All-Star

Is that really your only argument? 1 missed clutch layup?
    Yeah, this is the same guy who bases his argument for Dwight being a choker on his 2 missed free throws in the finals when Orlando was up there, yet he ignores that Scottie Pippen missed 2 free throws with Chicago up by 2 late in game 4 of the '98 ECF and Reggie Miller won the game on a 3 to tie the series at 2. Didn't Duncan miss a free throw or 2 in a playoff game that Marbury won directly afterwards on a 3?

One play does not define how clutch a player is and while Ewing has had his failures, he's also had his great playoff moments, Robinson hasn't had nearly as many.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Yeah, this is the same guy who bases his argument for Dwight being a choker on his 2 missed free throws in the finals when Orlando was up there, yet he ignores that Scottie Pippen missed 2 free throws with Chicago up by 2 late in game 4 of the '98 ECF and Reggie Miller won the game on a 3 to tie the series at 2. Didn't Duncan miss a free throw or 2 in a playoff game that Marbury won directly afterwards on a 3?

One play does not define how clutch a player is and while Ewing has had his failures, he's also had his great playoff moments, Robinson hasn't had nearly as many.
    Yeah, that's clearly the same as the NBA Finals, and closing out a game and tying the series 2-2 in the Finals. Dwight Howard clutch?

Banned

Yeah Robinson doesn't have those two rings that Ewing has. Oh wait a minute, Robinson is the one with the rings. But Robinson hasn't been to the NBA Finals as many times as Ewing, oh wait, Robinson has been there more than Ewing has.

But.....I guess........Nothing. Robinson>Ewing.

I still think that the next super team should be The 3 Ds; Dirk Nowitzki, Dwight Howard, & Deron Williams. That would be an extremely balanced trio and all guys that play with humble assertion.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

LOLOL, and Dirk has?

Remember his MVP season? The one where he completely disappeared against GS? Leading his team to one of the most embarrassing moments in recent Sports history?

I love how people say "defense wins championships", and then immediately turn around and ride Dwight as if he's scoring like 8 ppg.

Also, what kind of man gets constantly pushed around by other teams?

Dirk's prime is better than Dwight right now (who hasn't reached his prime), but Dirk isn't as of this moment.
    I agree with this post. Dwight, while not a mid 20s scoring kind of guy, still gets 12-13 boards and 18-20 points anyway, while being a BIG guy who actually moves fast. He's the closest player defensively that we've had to DRob and Hakeem. Not as good as either, but he's the closest defensive powerhouse to those guys we've had since them. Of course he can't score like either of them either, but. . .he's clearly the best center in the NBA by far.

There are a lot of people in the NBA who can score 20+. How many players are there like Dwight? Dwight > Dirk. More rare, and more valuble.

Here's a better way to look at it: If you had the option to put either Dirk or Dwight on any team in the NBA, which player would be the best fit for the most teams? Imo, it's quite obviously Dwight.

Exactly.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has screwed up in the clutch at least once. To diminish a player's ability because of one mistake (especially when there is more good to outweight the bad), is just foolish.

Th3Show (or whatever), NoLayupsRule2, RG just give the Dwight Howard hate a rest. What do you actually mean to accomplish with this? To try to get everyone on this board to hate Dwight? Then what?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Th3ShowMVP
    No...it isn't.
    Well, hypothetically, if Dwight Howard improves to the point where he can counter double/triple teams with tactful post moves and decisions, while consistently hitting open players with passes, and generally improves on his turnovers and foul-proneness... He could potentially become a MVP and DPOY kind of player... I don't see that from him yet... But you never know, he's still pretty young. I'm not assuming he'll get better over night, but I'm not assuming he won't get better in time.

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    I agree with this post. Dwight, while not a mid 20s scoring kind of guy, still gets 12-13 boards and 18-20 points anyway, while being a BIG guy who actually moves fast. He's the closest player defensively that we've had to DRob and Hakeem. Not as good as either, but he's the closest defensive powerhouse to those guys we've had since them. Of course he can't score like either of them either, but. . .he's clearly the best center in the NBA by far.

There are a lot of people in the NBA who can score 20+. How many players are there like Dwight? Dwight > Dirk. More rare, and more valuble.

Here's a better way to look at it: If you had the option to put either Dirk or Dwight on any team in the NBA, which player would be the best fit for the most teams? Imo, it's quite obviously Dwight.
    That's exactly how I was trying to put it.

Three3showmvp obvious troll acct. Anyways IMO at this pt in time Id have to go with dwight, first of all bc we all know how few quality bigs there in the league. Second bc hes younger. Third I think we havent seen the best of Dwight as of yet and we probably have seen the best of Dirk at this stage in his career. Dont get me wrong Dirk is amazing but Id take Dwight respectively.

Very good NBA starter

If the game was tied as the 4th was coming to a close, who you want taking your last shot or being your go-to guy, Dirk or Dwight?...