Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dirk Nowitzki vs Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    What exactly has Dirk done that Dwight hasn't? Dirk in many more years in the league has played in 2 conference finals and one finals. Dwight has played in 2 conference finals and one finals already.

And both had great conference finals series and both had offensive series below their usual standard in the finals, except unlike Dirk, Dwight was impacting the game at the other end, averaged like 15 boards, had a record 9 blocks in game 4 and don't give me that crap about Dwight missing the free throws at the end of game 4 because Dirk missed critical free throws in the finals as well, the difference is that Dirk was a 90% FT shooter missing clutch free throws, Dwight isn't even a 60% FT shooter.

Turkoglu was the man on that team? You're a complete moron. Dwight was the leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs at 21 ppg on 57% in the season and 20 ppg on 60% in the playoffs. He averaged 26/13/3 in the conference finals and he had a 40/14/4 game to send Orlando to the finals. Turk shot what? 39% in the conference finals? Turk was the team's 3rd leading scorer in the regular season and playoffs. And who was getting other teams into foul trouble and demanding more double teams than anyone else on the team? Not Turk, but I'll give you a hint, he plays center.

And what's up with your hatred of Dwight Howard, RG? Did he fuck your mom or something?

Give me Dwight over Dirk. Dirk might score an extra 5 ppg, but Dwight will get teams into more foul trouble and shooter a higher percentage, but the real difference is defense. Dwight will also grab an extra 5 rebounds per game, block more shots and change countless more shots in the paint.

Dwight is easily the more valuable player.
    That guy is RG?

Dear God, how many accounts does he need to say the same exact thing?

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    That guy is RG?

Dear God, how many accounts does he need to say the same exact thing?
    The OP is him, but honestly, he's not a bad poster when he avoids topics involving Dwight Howard. He does have some knowledge, but his extreme hatred of Dwight makes him a troll. This thread is a perfect example.

The OP is him, but honestly, he's not a bad poster when he avoids topics involving Dwight Howard. He does have some knowledge, but his extreme hatred of Dwight makes him a troll. This thread is a perfect example.
    Agreed. He's pretty good, but it somehow always tends to devolve into "Dwight isn't a prime Yao!!".

Very good NBA starter

This is a tough choice, because I think neither player is really enough to single-handedly will a team to victory in the post season, for different reasons.

But, if I had to choose a player in the here and now (not "for the future"), it'd probably be Dirk.

He has less off-games at what he's best at, has more experience in the league, can play more minutes on average, turns the ball over less, makes more of his free throws, and is better at dishing and handling the ball (which is important for somebody with the ball in his hands so much).

Dwight is the better defensive player certainly, the better rebounder, and is his game is conducive to making more than half his shots through out the course of seasons/games... but he's young, still gets flummoxed on both ends of the court, and isn't the most coordinated with the ball in his hands, or off the dribble... And it's not like he's never been a part of playoff exits too (pistons held him to 15.2 PPG in a 4-1 second round loss a couple years ago).

Having said that, if I wanted my team to be a "defense first" team regardless of how far my team could go, I'd choose dwight all the way. It's all a matter of preference. I don't think choosing either player, at this point in time, is wrong. Dirk was a most valuable player for a reason, and he hasn't slowed down much at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Do you understand how Utah runs it's offense compared to New Orleans. New Orleans offense is completly reliant on Paul, Utah's isn't completly reliant on D-Will
    Thats' your argument? If that was true, that would mean that teams put more emphasis on Paul and yet Paul still puts up better numbers and is a shit load more efficient

Banned

Give me Dwight over Dirk. Dirk might score an extra 5 ppg, but Dwight will get teams into more foul trouble and shooter a higher percentage, but the real difference is defense. Dwight will also grab an extra 5 rebounds per game, block more shots and change countless more shots in the paint.

Dwight is easily the more valuable player.
    Nobody cares who you would want, didn't you say you preferred Ewing over Robinson? Yeah. Fail.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    This is a tough choice, because I think neither player is really enough to single-handedly will a team to victory in the post season, for different reasons.

But, if I had to choose a player in the here and now (not "for the future"), it'd probably be Dirk.

He has less off-games at what he's best at, has more experience in the league, can play more minutes on average, turns the ball over less, makes more of his free throws, and is better at dishing and handling the ball (which is important for somebody with the ball in his hands so much).

Dwight is the better defensive player certainly, the better rebounder, and is his game is conducive to making more than half his shots through out the course of seasons/games... but he's young, still gets flummoxed on both ends of the court, and isn't the most coordinated with the ball in his hands, or off the dribble... And it's not like he's never been a part of playoff exits too (pistons held him to 15.2 PPG in a 4-1 second round loss a couple years ago).

Having said that, if I wanted my team to be a "defense first" team regardless of how far my team could go, I'd choose dwight all the way. It's all a matter of preference. I don't think choosing either player, at this point in time, is wrong. Dirk was a most valuable player for a reason, and he hasn't slowed down much at all.
    One of the biggest Dirk Haters chooses Dirk.

You know the answer. Dirk The Jerk.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Th3ShowMVP
    Nobody cares who you would want, didn't you say you preferred Ewing over Robinson? Yeah. Fail.
    Yes, if Robinson had a series anywhere near as good and clutch as Ewing's in 1990 vs Boston, showed the toughness Ewing did coming back from an injury, dropping 27 points and extending the Bulls series to 7 games with an inferior cast in '92, led his team to the finals in '94 with a clutch 24/22/7/5 game 7 in the conference finals, battled through injuries well past his prime and outplayed a prime Alonzo Mourning in the deciding 5th game on the road or dropped 45/13 on the Bad Boy Pistons in the playoffs then maybe I'd pick him. But he didn't do those things, Ewing did.

Fail? You're really showing your age.

Banned

Yes, if Robinson had a series anywhere near as good and clutch as Ewing's in 1990 vs Boston, showed the toughness Ewing did coming back from an injury, dropping 27 points and extending the Bulls series to 7 games with an inferior cast in '92, led his team to the finals in '94 with a clutch 24/22/7/5 game 7 in the conference finals, battled through injuries well past his prime and outplayed a prime Alonzo Mourning in the deciding 5th game on the road or dropped 45/13 on the Bad Boy Pistons in the playoffs then maybe I'd pick him. But he didn't do those things, Ewing did.

Fail? You're really showing your age.
    Who missed the game-tying/winning layup again in the playoffs vs the Pacers? It wasn't Robinson, it was your favorite player, PATRICK EWING!

Dirk>Dwight. Robinson>Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac

Ok, see that is a reason that I could respect.

I can see your point of view, even though I don't necessarily agree with it 100%.

Thats' your argument? If that was true, that would mean that teams put more emphasis on Paul and yet Paul still puts up better numbers and is a shit load more efficient
    No that would just mean the ball is in Paul's hands more then Deron's.
    I don't see your point.

But I found out that you're

RG

so there's also no reason in arguing with you.

Value Ape.

Is this a Tmacksrockets thread? Am I supposed to say Dwight > Yao? Not sure.

Who missed the game-tying/winning layup again in the playoffs vs the Pacers? It wasn't Robinson, it was your favorite player, PATRICK EWING!

Dirk>Dwight. Robinson>Ewing.
    Is that really your only argument? 1 missed clutch layup?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zORi
    Dirk's offense is better, and Dwight's defense is better. Dwight will never lead the league in scoring or get his FT% higher than 75% (and even that is a reach), and Dirk will never win DPOY or avg double-digit rebounds.
    He averaged 9.9 rebounds in a regular season twice and is averaging 11 rebounds in the playoffs, but yeah, I agree with you on the rest.

Still, my vote obviously goes to Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by momo
    Is this a Tmacksrockets thread? Am I supposed to say Dwight > Yao? Not sure.
    Don't forget NoLayupsRule2.

LOL, he'd probably bust a nut if someone did say Yao>Dwight.