Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Tracy McGrady may sign with Bulls

Pretty much pending a physical.

The Bulls are prepared to sign Tracy McGrady if he proves to be sufficiently healthy in a workout Monday and he can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role, one source familiar with Chicago's thinking said Sunday.

"Nothing is done until it's done, but I expect the Bulls to sign McGrady later this week," the source said.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5408617

T-Mac was awesome in about two games for the Knicks and terrible for most of them. I think with a full off season of training under his belt and if he can stay healthy ( ) he could be a very nice addition to this team. Would he start? Even though they talk about accepting a bench role, he might be capable.

Rose/Watson
    McGrady/Brewer
    Deng/Korver/Johnson
    Boozer/Gibson
    Noah/Thomas/Asik

That's a very,very complete lineup and anything McGrady can add would be a bonus. I can't wait to watch these guys against the Heat, Celtics, and Bucks among others.
    Last edited by Grinder; 07-25-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Tracy McGrady expected to sign with the Bulls

Expect him to miss 30+ games.

Man it seems like the Bulls are in for a 3-peat 1st round exit...

After he made his return, he only missed ONE game all season, if I remember correctly.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

well, would he start over brewer at the 2? maybe, if hes truly healthy and has enough left in those varicose, old lady legs. I dont see him starting over deng at the 3. In some ways, he could be instant offense/point forward off the bench, allowing them to get rose some rest (foul trouble, another look for strong team D). I dont think he will contribute that much though.

I gotta say, I really like the way the bulls have addressed their team this offseason.

IMO boozer was the best fit at pf for them and will look great on that team (especially with a capable defender at the 5). korver and brewer are opposite role wings who really compliment each other as a platoon and KT provides a very nice and savvy backup tandem with the young gibson. In many ways, a better fit than miller for them (defensively minded, not looking for his on O). If they can add t-mac as either the starting 2 (seems like he is way better playing on ball though) or as their primary bench scorer/handler, I think this team could make a run at a top 3 seed in the east.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    Idk about that. better team,bench,coach,etc...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Come on T-Mac!

I don't know what to think of McGrady. The first day, he had a great game, everyone went WOW and he said "don't expect too much". He pulled himself out of games at strange times, but after the Knicks started limiting his minutes (so we wouldn't play without him in the 4th), he got mad. he also was super super negative after only a very short time. It took him about ten seconds to turn on the team.

he is a good talent, and i would sign him if i were teh bulls but it's hard to ingore how sour and angry he is. i think he is angry that he can no longer be what he was, and it comes out ina bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    this is just a dumb post. there biggest weakness since they've been a playoff team (deng's rookie year) has been their reliance on jumpers falling or perimeter penetration. Putting one of the best post scorers in the league on that squad opens up so much for them, especially in getting buckets late in tough, contested playoff games. Having to react to boozer in the post will give players like deng much better spacing for jumpers (not to mention they added an awesome outside shooter in KK) as well as open up the court for rose to drive and finish/PnR.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't know what to think of McGrady. The first day, he had a great game, everyone went WOW and he said "don't expect too much". He pulled himself out of games at strange times, but after the Knicks started limiting his minutes (so we wouldn't play without him in the 4th), he got mad. he also was super super negative after only a very short time. It took him about ten seconds to turn on the team.

he is a good talent, and i would sign him if i were teh bulls but it's hard to ingore how sour and angry he is. i think he is angry that he can no longer be what he was, and it comes out ina bad way.
    yeah, he is kind of a crybaby you have to keep happy. maybe they can hire an assistant to play with him on the bench.

For the team's benefit as well as his, he should come off the bench and provide that offensive spark (ala Gordon). It really wouldn't make much sense to me to have him start when you have Rose, Boozer, Deng, and Brewer who can all together give you stability on both ends.

I know it's a joking thing about McGrady being a human curse that keeps any team he's on from going past the first round, but his signing sorta scares me, lol.

NBA sixth man of the year

This is a good position for him, if he really does have anything left. Off the bench or starting, he should get some good minutes. We'll see how it goes. He could help this team as a 6th man if he can stay healthy.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

If McGrady is healthy, he should be the starter IMO. The guy can still play, this could be a steal for the Bulls.

Good signing for the Bulls.

He's the best wing out there, and if he is healthy, then he can provide 15-20 minutes per night.

Expectations will be way less, and he will be the third or fourth option, so the pressure is off. If he is on, the Bulls all of a sudden get someone else to space the floor for Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah, Korver, Brewer.

If not, it's probably a small deal, so it shouldn't kill cap wise.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    yeah, he is kind of a crybaby you have to keep happy. maybe they can hire an assistant to play with him on the bench.
    He played one game too much in the first half, and in the 4th he couldn't go. Next game, they gave him a minute limit for the half. So first half he's cooking...but they take him out according to what they said they would. After the game he gives this solliloquy about how the Knicks don't care about winning and no stars would ever come there, etc. I get the frustration, and maybe those were his real thoughts but it was like 15 games into his time there. He already felt ok complaining publicly? (BTW, that's how lost the season was, McGrady went off postgame, and no one cared.)

i can see this if he feels good being great, and he's a huge compliment, and if he's hurting him being grouchy and ultimately just getting cut. It's low money though so why not, but they need to make sure they protect their first year coach.