Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Am i the only one who has GAINED respect for LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by K9Frost
    this. but imo family first, cleveland is his family.
    and he's never going to win a championship because
    1) the lakers are too good
    2) he brought the curse with him
    3) the cavs are going to win the championship before him, and the cavs are never going to win haha

Best Post Ever!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    Maybe his legacy will be tarnished a little bit, but how could you not be impressed with him turning down all that money and the chance to be the King in New York, just for the sake of winning rings? This goes against everything i ever thought about LeBron. I always assumed that he cared more about his "brand" than anything else. He totally proved me wrong, and showed that he cares more about winning. He is willing to be scrutinized instead of loved and adored, just for the sake of winning. An incredible display of courage to step out and do what he believes is right, instead of what everybody else wants for him. I applaud LeBron for this.

Lebron didn't tarnish anything. Above all, he has grown as a human being. Taking winning and playing with your friends over individual fame and glamour deserves nothing but respect. All those haters are only jealous of Miami. That's all.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    If this were the case, in terms of how you think people rate Kobe's rings, he wouldn't be in most top 10 lists. His rings with Shaq count, but are taken in context; at least by logical fans.

Once we see how LeBron plays, then we can see how to "rank" these rings. If he outplays Wade on a nightly basis, and makes the Miami Heat his own; there's no way you can try to discredit his rings.

Yes, that's how logical fans see it. Unfortunately most of the internet isn't filled with those types of fans. Just read some of the posts of the more notorious posters on this site as an example.

Yeah he basically took a step back and said to the world, "I'm not so self-confident about winning on my own, so I take the easy way".
    You can praise his humility, to say so.

Lebron joined superstars in primes to piggyback to the rings, how can anyone respect that? Its like Jordan joining Kareem and Magic to get easy way to the rings, would anyone respect that? No. Would Jordan still be GOAT? No. Lebron may win more rings now, but I doubt he will be even Top10 player All-time, and he had potential to break in Top5, not anymore.

Yes he turned down 30 mln. in Clev, but he will earn so much more on bigger market with higher endorsements.

This all charade about "decision" was pretty pathetic, regardless how anyone slices it.

I had an argument with idiot dirk fans about this. According to them even with a shit team ur supposed to try win the title every year, the fans deserve it apparently. I see it as the fans are paying to see a good game/ show that's it.. You don't owe them shit. Contracts up, move on..

Then lebron comes out, takes less cash and says be basically wants to build a winning dynasty and he gets hated on??? Really??

I hated the guy with all this fa bullshit, but I actually gained respect for him once his interview started, looked like he really didn't even want to be there..

The days of doing it yourself as the lone superstar are done. Let's be honest, everyone has had help anyway. Look at kobes team ffs!!!

Also how successful are the lone superstars?? Francis mcgrady iverson etc etc, are u supposed to wait till u fail then at 35 join forces???? WTF is wrong ppl seriously??!??!

It's not either black or white.

Teaming up with Rose & Boozer, Amare & Gallo, Gasol & Artest is way different than teaming up with Wade & Bosh.

Learning to shoot layups

Lebron made the OBVIOUS choice for winning, Miami has a dynasty now. Cleveland sucks, Lebron wouldn't have a good supporting cast there.

It aint piggybacking if he becomes the primary contributor on the team. Just you watch and see. It'll eventually become Lebron's team, not Wade's, if he outperforms. It's an opportunity for Lebron to write a new legacy.

Banned

How can you respect that?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Yeah he basically took a step back and said to the world, "I'm not so self-confident about winning on my own, so I take the easy way".
    You can praise his humility, to say so.
    Which player wins on their own?

In 2007 he went to the Finals and by the time they got there, the best no.2 option for LeBron was Boogie Gibson.

I mean g-ddamn. Not even prime would win a title with friggin' Boogie Gibson as his no.2 option.

LeBron's just stating the obvious -- no one wins anything by themselves.

Learning to shoot layups

He put winning in front of everything, most players talk the talk but rarely walk the walk. Despite being the best player in the league for 2 years in a row, he gets taunted constantly for not having any rings (a TEAM accomplishment retards). So he is making the best effort possible to get a ring and now he's bitching out and tarnishing his legacy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Which player wins on their own?

In 2007 he went to the Finals and by the time they got there, the best no.2 option for LeBron was Boogie Gibson.

I mean g-ddamn. Not even prime would win a title with friggin' Boogie Gibson as his no.2 option.

LeBron's just stating the obvious -- no one wins anything by themselves.
    I had already answered

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    It's not either black or white.

Teaming up with Rose & Boozer, Amare & Gallo, Gasol & Artest is way different than teaming up with Wade & Bosh.

Very good NBA starter

these guys are just going for NBA gold year in and year out!!!

it's a crazy ass move, but if all the players are committed to winning, it's pretty scary.

From that aspect, I have earned respect in Lebron for knowing his inclusion to a team could virtually be like "check mate" to the rest of the East, probably rest of the league, and knowing what he ultimately wants to do with his career and life.

Do I ultimately like it for rest of the league?... not necessarily... Generally speaking, I prefer an even playing field... But it's not like Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh aren't taking hits to their game's too, for all we know Lebron will lead most games in scoring and the rest of the team doesn't even care... If they're winning game after game after game, who cares?

I rule the local playground Floppy's Avatar

LeFag fans need a ****ing reality check. Htf can anybody respect such a move especially from a competitor's perspective? He took the easiest way out to win a championship. Who in their right minds can respect that? You guys are so pathetic it's unbelievable.

People (rightly so) don't count Kobe's first 3-peat cause he piggybacked Shaq but for LeTard to join another top 3 player and another franchise player in their primes is a respectable move. Words can't describe the stupidity involved.

And to the idiots claiming he acted unselfish cause he left 30 mil on the table...

You can't be serious.

Either this forum is clustered with 5 year olds who don't understand words like integrity, pride and marketing or it's clustered with a bunch of retards.

Probably both.

Why bother. Shouldn't waste my time arguing with idiots.

G'day and stay stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Floppy
    LeFag fans need a ****ing reality check. Htf can anybody respect such a move especially from a competitor's perspective? He took the easiest way out to win a championship. Who in their right minds can respect that? You guys are so pathetic it's unbelievable.

People (rightly so) don't count Kobe's first 3-peat cause he piggybacked Shaq but for LeTard to join another top 3 player and another franchise player in their primes is a respectable move. Words can't describe the stupidity involved.

And to the idiots claiming he acted unselfish cause he left 30 mil on the table...

You can't be serious.

Either this forum is clustered with 5 year olds who don't understand words like integrity, pride and marketing or it's clustered with a bunch of retards.

Probably both.

Why bother. Shouldn't waste my time arguing with idiots.

G'day and stay stupid.
    u mad?