Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Heat's Big 3: A Threat or Not to Lakers?

new article covering the heats big three

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...eeagency071610

interesting, covering some of the topics we have discussed, worth the time

[QUOTE]After the NBA witnessed the behavior of James and his business manager Maverick Carter during the 2007 All-Star Weekend, the commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    new article covering the heats big three

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...eeagency071610

interesting, covering some of the topics we have discussed, worth the time
    Great read, Thanks Gts, Good thing Jame's Key sponsors didn't offer $ to the writer to keep this underwraps, just like when they confiscated the tape where James got dunked on.

NBA lottery pick

Great article, thanks for posting. James is really a jerk. There's no way around it. I just hope people don't forget too easily just because ESPN is his enabler, trying to make him look like a saint.

Of course they are a threat...not just to our team but the whole NBA.

Miami can run the tables for a long time the big three are all young and in their prime let's be honest here. We can say yes it's a cheap way for Bron to win his ring or rings etc. but at the end of the day they can be champions and build a dynasty and they can give a rats a$$ about how the rest of us feel.

And as Laker fans this team is a threat because our cores guys are signed up for the next 3 years together and Miami (maybe not next year) will be a huge threat for our string of titles.

Riley has already done a great job putting players around hem. Mike Miller, Haslem, and Big Z are great additions. I'm kind of pissed that the Cavs and Nets of the NBA did not throw money at these teams to spit Miami.

That being said I am very confident the Lakers can win a title or two or three the next coming years. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

I think the Lakers will need to use MLE again next summer to make a solid 3pt shooting acquisition off the bench. We don't have any decent designated 3pt-shooter to the point that it could be an issue against teams like the Heat. Sasha was that guy in his contract year but since then he has been gone. He will be in another contract year so we will see how he does this time, he still isn't a reliable guy in the long run.

Some solid players that can hit the 3 and will be free-agents next summer:
    Jason Kapono
    Peja Stojakovic (NOH wants him gone, tried to trade his contract but it was too large at $15 million)
    Shane Battier (he is a loyal guy so I expect him to stay with Rockets, probably unrealistic option since Rockets will have bird-rights)
    Anthony Parker
    Kelenna Azubuike (GSW will probably throw big money at him so unlikely)
    Tayshaun Prince (not exactly a designated 3pt-shooter but Pistons are in rebuilding state so they might let him walk)

Depending on how Peja does the upcoming year, he could be a great designated 3pt-shooter off the bench. He is past his prime, but 3pt shooting mechanism is not something you forget or just lose with age (injury problems do arise though so I would keep an eye on that through next season). Shane Battier is worth the full MLE next summer though but Rockets will probably offer more than MLE. Kapono is a decent designated 3pt-shooter, but his game is kind of limited. Shooting is all he is great for, plays crappy defense.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think the Lakers will need to use MLE again next summer to make a solid 3pt shooting acquisition off the bench. We don't have any decent designated 3pt-shooter to the point that it could be an issue against teams like the Heat. Sasha was that guy in his contract year but since then he has been gone. He will be in another contract year so we will see how he does this time, he still isn't a reliable guy in the long run.

Some solid players that can hit the 3 and will be free-agents next summer:
    Jason Kapono
    Peja Stojakovic (NOH wants him gone, tried to trade his contract but it was too large at $15 million)
    Shane Battier (he is a loyal guy so I expect him to stay with Rockets, probably unrealistic option since Rockets will have bird-rights)
    Anthony Parker
    Kelenna Azubuike (GSW will probably throw big money at him so unlikely)
    Tayshaun Prince (not exactly a designated 3pt-shooter but Pistons are in rebuilding state so they might let him walk)

Depending on how Peja does the upcoming year, he could be a great designated 3pt-shooter off the bench. He is past his prime, but 3pt shooting mechanism is not something you forget or just lose with age (injury problems do arise though so I would keep an eye on that through next season). Shane Battier is worth the full MLE next summer though but Rockets will probably offer more than MLE. Kapono is a decent designated 3pt-shooter, but his game is kind of limited. Shooting is all he is great for, plays crappy defense.
    Battier would be the bomb. Perfect fit for our needs.
    Now that Bell is on his way to Utah, and if Barnes decides to go elsewhere, I'd look at moving Sasha's expiring deal for James Posey.
    Our glaring need right now is a wing defender/3 pt. shooter off the bench, preferably one who could back up both Kobe and Artest.

Looking at the teams who will present challenges, they all have super talended 2's and 3's. Wade, Bron, Miller in Miami. Pierce, Allen, even Rondo due to his length qualifies, in Boston, Melo in Denver, Butler in Dallas etc.

The Heats best offensive perimeter will be Wade (at the 1), Miller and Bron.
    Obviously Kobe and Artest match up, but no way either Fish or Blake can handle Wade. We need a defender like Posey not only for that scenario, but also to help keep Kobe and Artests' mileage lower this year. Both played way too many minutes last year.
    Last edited by Robster89; 07-18-2010 at 12:34 PM.