Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I don't know how the Laker's fans can complain after the robbery of Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies.
    Um, there's a huge difference, but okay.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Honestly, does LeBron James even have a choice? He wants to win a ring. That's not going to happen in Cleveland, Chicago, New York, or New Jersey. He can't go to the Mavericks, Lakers, Spurs, or any team without cap space because the Cavaliers don't want to sign and trade him. His only option, and I think he realizes it, is to sign with the Heat and form what is potentially the scariest, most dominant dynasty of all-time.

The only downside is that joining Wade and Bosh might stunt his growth as a player. I want him to be more fundamentally sound but that might not happen in Miami.

I think The Bulls would have a Great Shot with him for Championship and Knicks and Nets have pieces to make it happen within 2 or 3 Years.

Yup. And seriously, aside from the Lakers and Magic, what the hell are other teams supposed to do? They have no shot at winning a championship. There's a good chance that the rich get richer if this actually happens.
    What about Boston? Can't count them out. I think they have a better chance at beating the trio then the Magic do.

Local High School Star

If lebron goes there it will probably be one of the if not the most hated team in nba history everyone except dickriders of the three stars or heat fans will root for that team to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by FashionIssues
    What is the big fuss about Lebron's free agency. Young and garbage.
    Are you honestly this upset?

What's the big fuss? The world's best basketball player could possibly be going to another team, and one of those teams could potentially form the best trio ever...

You sound like a bitter child who couldn't get the toy all his friends have.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Oddly, I think it's kind of similar to the Lakers' situation. People talk themselves into lesser teams being able to beat the Lakers all the time, but at the end of the day the talent wins out. It was the same thing with Boston.

At the end of the day, how many teams will really be able to handle LeBron, Wade and Bosh? I kept thinking "Well, Kobe can check Wade, Ron can get LeBron and Pau can get Bosh." Still, that feels like that's BS. Seriously, how do stop LeBron and Wade together? That could be the question every team is asking for the next five years. We're talking about the two best players on the 2008 Olympic team.
    It would be a lot better if Miami could get Paul or Howard; despite LeBron being better then both of those players. Wade & LeBron are mirror images of each other offensively, if it was Kobe, Bosh & LeBron that team would be a lot deadlier. Kobe does not handle the ball as well as Wade or LeBron, both of those players love to run iso and create plays for their teammates; they have really no one around them, this reminds me a lot of an all-star team. They'll end up most nights playing one on one and trying to beat teams as a trio, against the Lakers size and talent, that won't cut it unless they get reliable teammates.

Banned

win/win situation for kobe

if he wins, he gets bumped into goat status and ahead of mj cause he won his 6th while beating the only team in nba history with 3 top players all in their prime

if he loses, he is remember for being the guy that forced 3 top players to sell out and join forces just to beat him

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    You are taking it wayyyyy too far. Chasing a ring? Please. Dude wants to win and have a legacy as a winner. Every player "chases" a ring. That's the objective...especially if you are a superstar who gets paid a shitload anyway.

I agree that he's an attention whore. But you know what? I bet you still supported him as a basketball the last 3 years. I bet you hoped the Cavs won the title the last 3 years. I mean, you act like the planned this whole thing 3 years ago. Shit aint working in Cleveland...what do you expect him to do? Seriously question.

If you are a Cleveland sports fan, then quit coming down so hard on the guy. Criticize your organization for basically patchworking for years and setting themselves up for moments like these. Honestly, it sounds like you want the guy to win a ring in Cleveland but no where else.
    I don't understand what you are getting at. Of course I rooted for him over the course of the past seven years... He played for the Cavaliers. Hell... I've been watching (and rooting) for this guy since he was a freshman at SVSM.

That doesn't mean that I am indebted to him and must support every move that he makes in his career (however ill-advised). Any group of superstars can get together and decide to create an all-star team to get a ring. Sorry, but that isn't the way I want the NBA to work.

The Cavaliers have not been perfect over the past seven years. Like any organization, they've made some good moves and some bad ones. That is no excuse for this guy opting to play with arguably the second best player in the NBA and his biggest rival.

I'm sorry, but I like rivalries in this game... Not all of the best players becoming teammates. The last thing I want is for the NBA to turn into Major League Baseball with all of the game's top players joining the same handful of teams with all of the other franchises becoming virtual D-league teams.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-08-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    I think The Bulls would have a Great Shot with him for Championship and Knicks and Nets have pieces to make it happen within 2 or 3 Years.
    Chicago Bulls? No way. I don't see that team taking out the Magic, Celtics, or Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    I guess that's why he chose Miami then...he can't afford to go another year without a ring.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.C.P.
    What about Boston? Can't count them out. I think they have a better chance at beating the trio then the Magic do.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention Boston. If they're healthy they have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Do some of you seriously think this will damage Lebron's legacy among casual fans? He will be remembered as a winner if he goes to a super team.
    If he went to the Lakers, with him, Kobe and Pau, he would be remembered as a winner.
    At the end of the day, no one will care who he won with.
    Everyone hates on Kobe for being the "2nd guy" with Shaq for his first 3.

What's this going to mean when LeBron lost his first Finals appearance, and then makes it back with a super team of Wade and Bosh and wins that way?

Makes no difference to me, just sayin'. I think that would be an insane team to watch. Although it would dwarf any other free agency signings, and make Pat Riley look like a GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by blackification
    If lebron goes there it will probably be one of the if not the most hated team in nba history everyone except dickriders of the three stars or heat fans will root for that team to fail.
    Yeah but that team will murder everybody they play...

Um, there's a huge difference, but okay.
    there is a huge difference, but its kinda the same in that seemingly unfair shit happens and sometimes your team benefits.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Yeah but that team will murder everybody they play...
    Or they will all end up murdering eachother :/