Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    you just called hockey a major sport.. (i'm a hockey fan too but let's be real here...)

btw, amare is at dolan's house, does that make anyone else worried or just me?

So Amar'e, that's our fourth album. Ready to hear the fifth?

What the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck have I done?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    sit on my high horse and judge others? hey, that other guy was quoting me and commenting back at me first lmao.

the new jersey bashing was a joke, but if you got offended, i'm sorry.

hockey =/= MAJOR sport.
    you honestly believe hockey is in the league of the other major 3?
    Fair enough, but you should know that it's funny you can lump the MLB, NBA, and NFL together in profitability. If hockey is so far behind the NBA, you really should look up the difference between the NBA and the NFL in terms of profitability, net worth, and volume. The average NFL team is worth almost 900 million dollars while the NBA is looking at 370 million. The average NHL franchise is 220 million. Secondly, whether or not you consider NASCAR to be a sport, the league could possibly make more money than the NBA. So really, the NBA is an arguable top 3.

Really, at the end of the day, it's NFL and everything else. The NBA is worth more than the NHL, but the difference is not as great as you state.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

ah , new jersey, the armpit of america.

"hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."
    "cause gasol won anything without kobe"
    "you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? these knick fans nowadays..."

i fail to see the thought process which would've landed at that conclusion. did i mention the relevancy of the transferring of amare? no. its clear in his post that he's trying to discredit amare's failure with talented teams and making it seem gasol had done something with less or more talent, which he clearly has not done. not a single playoff series. i am CLEARLY trying to mock that argument instead of playing up the idea that amare's transfer will new york the way gasol has on an LA team that obviously currently has more talent than NY.

have fun losing the one major sports team you have in a few years to new york.
    what he said, "amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

What you said, "cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers"

You're statement made no sense anyways as amare had far superior talent than the memphis team gasol was on. nice try tho.

Default Re: Amare agrees to deal with Knicks

Idiotic. Why would ANY team give that much money to Amare? NBA owners, as a whole, are just stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Fair enough, but you should know that it's funny you can lump the MLB, NBA, and NFL together in profitability. If hockey is so far behind the NBA, you really should look up the difference between the NBA and the NFL in terms of profitability, net worth, and volume. The average NFL team is worth almost 900 million dollars while the NBA is looking at 370 million. The average NHL franchise is 220 million. Secondly, whether or not you consider NASCAR to be a sport, the league could possibly make more money than the NBA. So really, the NBA is an arguable top 3.

Really, at the end of the day, it's NFL and everything else. The NBA is worth more than the NHL, but the difference is not as great as you state.
    I concede that your point was fair enough, but I feel like in value of popularity, the NBA exceeds NASCAR and NHL by a good margin, giving it a strong case for the "big 3". NASCAR and NHL is very regional and restricted to America- from the south for NASCAR and typically the north for NHL, whereas NBA is primarily consistently popular in most major cities as they happen to generally have the better teams as well (except NY).

I'm glad you understand I wasn't bashing NJ but that other moron who as quoting me.

MLB, NBA, NFL. i'm sorry, but profitability and popularity wise, NHL is a distant fourth from the big three.
    who cares if the nets are going to brooklyn. I can still say I'm a net fan as a jersey guy because I grew up with them in my state. It's not like im from nj and a bulls fan.

o BTW have fun with your 2 playoff appearances a decade team LOLZ. Only time you greasy ******s made it you got SWEPT by the nets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    what he said, "amare is known by people that know the game to be a very poor defender and rebounder. he does not do what is necessary to win in the playoffs. hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

What you said, "cause gasol won anything before going to the lakers"

You're statement made no sense anyways as amare had far superior talent than the memphis team gasol was on. nice try tho.
    "that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument."

read again and stop being a pest

Banned

who cares if the nets are going to brooklyn. I can still say I'm a net fan as a jersey guy because I grew up with them in my state. It's not like im from nj and a bulls fan.

o BTW have fun with your 2 playoff appearances a decade team LOLZ. Only time you greasy ******s made it you got SWEPT by the nets.
    hurts losing your basketball franchise doesn't it, young troll in training.

thanks for adding titles to the overall ny count. oh wait....

IK its twitter, but its probably true. Sad, I really wanted him in Miami :/

I felt as if Wade/Amare would of been the best duo in the nba.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    as knick fans, every single other comment is how we suck and how we are not ALLOWED to get better. im sorry, i know some of these people are delusional, but its hard NOT to fight back. the comments that come at the knick fans are ridiculous. the same rumors other teams are allowed to listen to, talk about, and knick fans - we are supposed to not talk about them or we are delusional.

you know i think you are a good poster, but we are getting killed by the nets/heat/bulls/cavs fans, all of who seemingly are allowed to dream big dreams..
    I've secretly become a Knick fan (though I'll never admit it to any of my friends) since I've moved here and enjoyed free games via my company. Equally as awesome is that I live in midtown, so I'm right by MSG if I ever wanted to pop in for a game. Yet, I never grew accustomed to New Yorkers acting as if they're above NJ. It doesn't make sense to me. The cross-border rivalry is ****ing annoying, and people cling onto the dumbest arguments. I also grow tired of New Yorkers trying to adopt a NJ team when there isn't an equal NY team doing well. Case in point with Rutgers football, back in 2006-2008, everyone was piggy backing onto RU, calling it "NY's college team." Pisses me off cause as soon as Rutgers fizzed, they went back to being "NJ's college." Absurd.

Also am tired of people moving to NY and assuming hatred for NJ. It's funny cause NY is really this cultural hub where people from all over come so it's actually rare to meet people born and raised in NYC...but for some reason all the people I meet who aren't from NY, weren't raised anywhere in the tri-state area are bagging on NJ just cause they moved to NYC. It's as if it's part of the job description when you decide to move here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Irrelevant tangent aside, I am rooting for the Knicks to get better. Like I said, I get free tickets from time to time, and it'd be nice to actually be watching a top level game. MSG is so much more fun when the games mean something.

"that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument."

read again and stop being a pest
    bro I can read what you said and what he said a thousand times and it still comes out as you saying gasol didn't do sh!t with his memphis team when he led them in the west to a 50 win season as the top dog. Amare wasn't even top dog in phx. We don't even know how he'll do as the top dog in NY, but I can guarantee it won't be as good as gasol in memphis because gasol is a much better player.

Banned

Default Re: Amare agrees to deal with Knicks

ok, so we established that you misunderstood what i was mocking in the very first quote above, alright. my point was not denying the fact why gasol should be considered a better player, but mocking the REASON why he had gasol as the better player.

we'll see how amare does this season as the top dog. if amare can carry them past a series, so much for the other guy's gasol arguments. we might not even get to see amare as top dog, as its still very possible for us to attract major free agents like wade or lebron now that we have amare.
    Last edited by Snoop_Cat; 07-04-2010 at 09:25 PM.

hurts losing your basketball franchise doesn't it, young troll in training.

thanks for adding titles to the overall ny count. oh wait....
    what count? you nigg@s have one 2 championships in 50 years and have been in a 36 year drought. Adding to the count?! haha that's the funniest shit I read all day. Really, thanks for the laughs man, that was awesome.

Banned

what count? you nigg@s have one 2 championships in 50 years and have been in a 36 year drought. Adding to the count?! haha that's the funniest shit I read all day. Really, thanks for the laughs man, that was awesome.
    you brought up past success first lmao, even if its more recent both these teams are completely restructured so a proximity to the present argument would be worthless.

2>0 . keep hatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I've secretly become a Knick fan (though I'll never admit it to any of my friends) since I've moved here and enjoyed free games via my company. Equally as awesome is that I live in midtown, so I'm right by MSG if I ever wanted to pop in for a game. Yet, I never grew accustomed to New Yorkers acting as if they're above NJ. It doesn't make sense to me. The cross-border rivalry is ****ing annoying, and people cling onto the dumbest arguments. I also grow tired of New Yorkers trying to adopt a NJ team when there isn't an equal NY team doing well. Case in point with Rutgers football, back in 2006-2008, everyone was piggy backing onto RU, calling it "NY's college team." Pisses me off cause as soon as Rutgers fizzed, they went back to being "NJ's college." Absurd.

Also am tired of people moving to NY and assuming hatred for NJ. It's funny cause NY is really this cultural hub where people from all over come so it's actually rare to meet people born and raised in NYC...but for some reason all the people I meet who aren't from NY, weren't raised anywhere in the tri-state area are bagging on NJ just cause they moved to NYC. It's as if it's part of the job description when you decide to move here. Doesn't make sense to me.

Irrelevant tangent aside, I am rooting for the Knicks to get better. Like I said, I get free tickets from time to time, and it'd be nice to actually be watching a top level game. MSG is so much more fun when the games mean something.
    i just get annoyed when people try to make arguments that are counter-intuitive to me as a sports fan. For instance, net fans want to talk about the nets taking over as the #1 team. that is 100% counter to how the NY market works with its sports teams. they don't jockey, they are always A and B, and if B is great and A sucks, then it's STILL A AND B. yet, the nets are taking over 100%. In Brooklyn (where i live) of all places. i find that odd.. but if you say thats not how the area works, that's HATING.

i'm glad you follow the knicks, feel free to add to the discussion and calm us all down from time to time... i also look forward to going to an MSG where we have a decent time, and not just delusional happiness once in a while (like the mcgrady game)