Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Amare agrees to Deal..

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? these knick fans nowadays...
    please learn to read the entire thing before you make stupid comments.

the comment i quoted said :
    "hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument.

i realize whatever state you live in has vastly inferior education to new york and i'm sorry you have and/or will be gotten/getting a subpar reading and writing grade on your SATs as your idiocy and sad reading comprehension and linguistic skills in both this and past posts i've seen from you suggest.

have a very good day.

Default Re: Amare agrees to deal with Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    please learn to read the entire thing before you make stupid comments.

the comment i quoted said :
    "hence why he's never made an nba finals with a ton of talent around him every year. its why gasol is a much much better overall player."

that quote essentially said gasol is the better player because he made an nba finals making him better than amare by default. however, when gasol had inferior talent he got destroyed in the playoffs, whilst he had to have a team that is clearly overall better in talent that amare's suns. this in itself was a stupid comment by him already and the only way this kind of claim would be relevant would be if gasol took them to the finals with equal or less finals, which didn't happen, though his teams' talents levels in memphis were undeniably worse. either way, the result was that he argued gasol was better because he made the finals because he was in a better situation, hence my argument.

i realize whatever state you live in has vastly inferior education to new york and i'm sorry you have and/or will be gotten/getting a subpar reading and writing grade on your SATs as your idiocy and sad reading comprehension and linguistic skills in both this and past posts i've seen from you suggest.

have a very good day.
    I'm from nj. I currently attend rutgers business school and got a 700 on the crit section of the SATs and that score is the only reason I probably got in there because my grades barely reached a 3.0 because HS was a joke. If a person were to read your post and the highlighted text that you responded to, he or she would have taken a totally different message away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    lol @ Twitter as a source
    Do you know what Twitter is?

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

the quote he was responding to was saying that amare is a poor defensive player and din't win, and then he compared that situation to gasol, implying that amare could have success once he moves to the knicks...
    and thats a wild idea huh...fan perception of a player can change when he switches teams

Banned

I'm from nj. I currently attend rutgers business school and got a 700 on the crit section of the SATs and that score is the only reason I probably got in there because my grades barely reached a 3.0 because HS was a joke. If a person were to read your post and the highlighted text that you responded to, he or she would have taken a totally different message away.
    ah , new jersey, the armpit of america.

"cause gasol won anything without kobe"
    "you're comparing gasol to the lakers and amare to the knicks? these knick fans nowadays..."

i fail to see the thought process which would've landed at that conclusion. did i mention the relevancy of the transferring of amare? no. its clear in his post that he's trying to discredit amare's failure with talented teams and making it seem gasol had done something with less or more talent, which he clearly has not done. not a single playoff series. i am CLEARLY trying to mock that argument instead of playing up the idea that amare's transfer will new york the way gasol has on an LA team that obviously currently has more talent than NY.

have fun losing the one major sports team you have in a few years to new york.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Only time will tell whether this move will be great or not. I have to give credit to Walsh for being the only guy with the balls to give this guy the max though.
    I think this was a smart play by Walsh, no matter what happens. There were two elite big men on the market, and the Knicks got one...even if he's the 2nd best one.

Bosh is a wild card. Where is he going? I think he joins Wade in Miami or Chicago.

Now, as far as the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, and Cavs go.....Amare is the best player any of these teams has. Some might argue Rose but he's a perimeter player like Lebron. Knicks can offer a true dominant big man. Let's not get into a Lopez vs. Amare debate......

Is he really going to go back to playing with Jamison and Williams?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

have fun losing the one major sports team you have in a few years to new york.
    The Devils aren't going anywhere.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    His knee hasn't been a problem since 2006, the only season he's missed significant time since then was 2009 when he had the eye injury.
    This.

The guy has fully recovered from the injuries he has had. Even though it's unrelated even Jason Kidd recovered fine from the same type of surgery.

Some players just recover. Hopefully Amar'e will continue to do what he has. The guy is an all-star, and is not a "product" of Nash. He didn't play with Nash in his rookie year. He has drive, will, believes he his "the man" as an all-star should. Now if he truly has recruiting power we will see.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    MLB, NBA, NFL. i'm sorry, but profitability and popularity wise, NHL is a distant fourth from the big three.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I think this was a smart play by Walsh, no matter what happens. There were two elite big men on the market, and the Knicks got one...even if he's the 2nd best one.

Bosh is a wild card. Where is he going? I think he joins Wade in Miami or Chicago.

Now, as far as the Knicks, Bulls, Nets, and Cavs go.....Amare is the best player any of these teams has. Some might argue Rose but he's a perimeter player like Lebron. Knicks can offer a true dominant big man.

Is he really going to go back to playing with Jamison and Williams?
    I agree that it was a smart move. Medium Risk/Ridiculously High Reward. It seems like Wade and Bosh are attached at the hip which messes up LeBron no matter where they choose to go. The Knicks then add on to that by eliminating the next option for the teams that are leftover after Wade and Bosh make their decision.

If all that goes down, the only two teams that LeBron could logically consider are us and the Cavs. I'm liking our chances right now.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

MLB, NBA, NFL. i'm sorry, but profitability and popularity wise, NHL is a distant fourth from the big three.
    I don't even know where to begin to tear this apart. But continue with your NJ bashing. From an NBA standpoint, your team hasn't been relevant in over a decade and you still find a reason to sit on your high horse and judge every others. ****ing hilarious.

you just called hockey a major sport.. (i'm a hockey fan too but let's be real here...)

btw, amare is at dolan's house, does that make anyone else worried or just me?

Banned

I don't even know where to begin to tear this apart. But continue with your NJ bashing. From an NBA standpoint, your team hasn't been relevant in over a decade and you still find a reason to sit on your high horse and judge every others. ****ing hilarious.
    sit on my high horse and judge others? hey, that other guy was quoting me and commenting back at me first lmao.

the new jersey bashing was a joke, but if you got offended, i'm sorry.

hockey =/= MAJOR sport.
    you honestly believe hockey is in the league of the other major 3?

as knick fans, every single other comment is how we suck and how we are not ALLOWED to get better. im sorry, i know some of these people are delusional, but its hard NOT to fight back. the comments that come at the knick fans are ridiculous. the same rumors other teams are allowed to listen to, talk about, and knick fans - we are supposed to not talk about them or we are delusional.

you know i think you are a good poster, but we are getting killed by the nets/heat/bulls/cavs fans, all of who seemingly are allowed to dream big dreams..