Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Decent playground baller krazy19's Avatar

Default Re: -2010 Boston Celtics Appreciation Thread-

Lakers - Celtics 2011

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Worthy champs, the Celtics. Came up short but displayed a lot of heart, toughness, and great team play.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    uh, they have a big center? did you forget? Have you looked at the FA centers this year? none are even close to perk.

they had to spend the full MLE just to get sheed, no way haywood is available at that price.

yeah but perk was hurt and the celtics need more depth

sheed was great in the post and made big shots but he isn't a real strong offensive/defensive rounder- in 08 celtics was the best rebounding team in 08 during the regularly season- this year they were one of the worst and it was their achllies heal in game 7.

i think sheed will retire- PP and Ray will take a pay cut- or ray may go sign some where else- they will have cap space.

they need a good big man with length to crash boards ,
    it will be disaster to get rid of ray because this team is already has two non shooting guards tony allen and rondo and ray brings great defence, passing, and he spreads the floor.-

LAL|LAC

Default Re: Hats off to Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Burn in hell Boston. Burn in hell forever.
    This.

No props from me, lol.

Banned

This team is great , it had a lot of heart but it wasnt enough to beat L.A.
    If this team sucked they wouldnt have to go to game 7 with the lakers, and they wouldnt even make the playoffs if they DID.

Thanks for makin the game challenging. - Phil

I love yall bytches in the world.

Pierce , Rondo was the Key.

Again , It was a great season for both teams.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe8
    This team is great , it had a lot of heart but it wasnt enough to beat L.A.
    If this team sucked they wouldnt have to go to game 7 with the lakers, and they wouldnt even make the playoffs if they DID.

Thanks for makin the game challenging. - Phil

I love yall bytches in the world.

Pierce , Rondo was the Key.

Again , It was a great season for both teams.
    think I'll try and forget the regular season though

Saw a basketball once

i dont think celtics fans should blame ray allen so much. he did have the toughest defense assignment out of any player on the court, and he did a damn good job defending kobe. Plus i dont think his poor shooting in certain games had anything to do with his age, i think it had more to do with fatigue guarding kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balishag
    i dont think celtics fans should blame ray allen so much. he did have the toughest defense assignment out of any player on the court, and he did a damn good job defending kobe. Plus i dont think his poor shooting in certain games had anything to do with his age, i think it had more to do with fatigue guarding kobe.

fans should look at doc for going to isolation plays with PP and KG in the 3rd, and in the 4th the ball was out of rondo's hands and PP was playing the point.

ray won game 2- and this series would have been done earlier, plus made huge shots against Miami, Cleveland, orlando.

yeah he missed shots against LA- but doc had him playing too many minutes, what you expect from a jump shooter when they got no legs?

plus he still spread the floor and made some good assists.

i know if we played like we did in the first half with good ball movement no way LA would of won with their poor shooting %.

why was doc saying in time outs to move the ball? when he had isolation plays for PP and KG with high screen and roll ???

i am not mad at any player because THEY ALL PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.................. but doc did make a bad tactial error in the 3rd and 4th with too much isolation plays. ( that's crazy against laker length)

I appreciate the Boston Celtics' doggged determination, their dedication to team defense, and their chutzpah in overcoming the top two teams in the East and very nearly knocking off the more talented Lakers.

Doc Rivers turned into one of the very best coaches in the league this season. His substitutions, time-outs, coaching, adaptation to changing circumstances, maintaining a positive atmosphere, were hall-of-fame worthy.

I'm glad to see Rondo bloom magnificiently, and Allen to rediscover his stroke after the all star break, and PP to keep the team afloat through the downtimes.

That said, I have a couple of caveats:

KG is finished. He had only 3 friggin boards in the biggest game of the year. For a guy who used to average 14 boards a night, KG was astonishingly feeble. When Pau Gasol seemd to overpower him at will I knew his glory days were a distant memory.

Ray Allen, at 35, can't both guard the most dangerous scorer in the league and have the legs to hit the outside shot. This strategy killed Boston's chances of beating the Lakers.

Paul Pierce was stymied by Ron Artest's physical defense, but he could have gotten off with effective picks that screened artest, but the Celtics rarely ran them more than 2 or 3 times a game.

But Rajon Rondo should be heavily criticized for not developing a jumper despite being in the league for 5 years. Its nice that he can make layups, spin the ball off the backboard with excellent english, but that's merely a single weapon that you use on penetrations or transitions, which is only 1/5th of the game on offense. There's also the jumper, the set shot, the post up, etc.

When a defender is guarding you 10 feet away, daring you to take that open jumper, he is saying that you can't score from out there. Your offense is so bad he won't close the distance and contest your jumper, if you choose to take one.
    Brutal. Rondo could have worked on his jumper any of these past 4 summers, but he obviously hasn't. And until he does, he won't be a viable centerpiece for Boston to rebuild around.

I'm sad that this is the Celtics' swan song, but nothing last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung
    Ray Allen, at 35, can't both guard the most dangerous scorer in the league and have the legs to hit the outside shot. This strategy killed Boston's chances of beating the Lakers.

that's why tony allen needed more minutes, and why doc had to play nate when tony allen was on the floor because you can't have two non shooting guards at the same time with rondo and tony allen

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    fans should look at doc for going to isolation plays with PP and KG in the 3rd, and in the 4th the ball was out of rondo's hands and PP was playing the point.

ray won game 2- and this series would have been done earlier, plus made huge shots against Miami, Cleveland, orlando.

yeah he missed shots against LA- but doc had him playing too many minutes, what you expect from a jump shooter when they got no legs?

plus he still spread the floor and made some good assists.

i know if we played like we did in the first half with good ball movement no way LA would of won with their poor shooting %.

why was doc saying in time outs to move the ball? when he had isolation plays for PP and KG with high screen and roll ???

i am not mad at any player because THEY ALL PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT.................. but doc did make a bad tactial error in the 3rd and 4th with too much isolation plays. ( that's crazy against laker length)
    It was tough for either team to score in that game. FGs were very precious indeed. I dont think the iso to PP was necessarily a bad move, had he made a play doc woulda gone to PP again.

It was hard to move the ball around for both squads... both squads were playing shutdown defense. Like doc said, game 7 in the finals is a players game.. not a coaches game. In the end its the star players that dictate the outcome. I think PP was the only one who took that speech to heart, hence all the iso...

even tho im a laker fan, I honestly dont know how or why the celts lost in a game decided by defense. I thought sheed and davis filled in great for perkins, although you traded a bit more rebounding and defense for more offense. Tough loss either way...

But i give a lot of props to celtic fans for sticking around here even after the tough loss. I woulda shut down for the next 5 months from anything nba related. Hell... i couldnt even turn on sportscenter in 08 for about a year lol

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

It was tough for either team to score in that game. FGs were very precious indeed. I dont think the iso to PP was necessarily a bad move, had he made a play doc woulda gone to PP again.

It was hard to move the ball around for both squads... both squads were playing shutdown defense. Like doc said, game 7 in the finals is a players game.. not a coaches game. In the end its the star players that dictate the outcome. I think PP was the only one who took that speech to heart, hence all the iso...

even tho im a laker fan, I honestly dont know how or why the celts lost in a game decided by defense. I thought sheed and davis filled in great for perkins, although you traded a bit more rebounding and defense for more offense. Tough loss either way...

But i give a lot of props to celtic fans for sticking around here even after the tough loss. I woulda shut down for the next 5 months from anything nba related. Hell... i couldnt even turn on sportscenter in 08 for about a year lol
    Each baskets were most definitely precious for both teams. Personally, I blame Doc's substitution errors for the loss. He's known to go with the flow of the game, and to me I think he went with the flow of the Celtics' defensive efforts. But failed to realized Ray and Pierce NEEDED fresh legs to put up points in the 2nd half. Game 4, Doc rode on the bench's great effort and it worked; Game 7, Doc rode on the C's defense and it cost him/us. Tony got 4 minutes and Nate got 5 minutes? They could have help Ray and/or Pierce get longer rest if Doc played those guys more.

As far as the feeling of defeat for being a fan...it's definitely painful right now and will be for a couple of months for die-hard C's fans. I went into a state of sadness for about a couple of months when the Patriots lost to the Giants at SB-42.

This Celtics squad pretty much saved me in terms of sports agony is concern when they won it all 4 months after Pats crushing defeat. So I got mad love for them, can't hate on any of the players.

Now if this was like 2008 scenario again, then the Red Sox would playing the role of the C's if they win the World Series. They can help cure this defeat. It's a tight race right now in the AL East, so who knows.

tough loss to swallow- I had the celebrations starting in the 3rd- LA were gone.

doc stuffed up big time- PP & KG isolation has not been effective for the entire play off.

what was working great was rondo giving great passes to KG in the post- I cannot under why Doc went away from this

definite dagger heart piercing loss !

what doesnt kill makes you stronger
    Last edited by Sharmer; 06-19-2010 at 03:42 AM.

I hope this isn't the last we see of this current Boston group. Alot depends on Ray returning. I still think if Doc returns they have at least one more run left in them.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    I hope this isn't the last we see of this current Boston group. Alot depends on Ray returning. I still think if Doc returns they have at least one more run left in them.
    yeah fans/ management are fickle and have short memories-

their will be some big changes to the bench

PP KG Rondo will stay- not sure about Ray-