Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: -2010 Boston Celtics Appreciation Thread-

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    stop crying, ive witnessed alot more choking than you

Dude just gtfo and stop trolling here.

Default Re: Hats off to Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by dynasty1978
    Well here's another respectful Laker fan coming to say "good show Boston." Don't trip on the younger posters...plenty of a-hole Celts fans as well, but it is what it is. Anyway, Lakers were just slightly better than Boston when it mattered and both teams would've been worthy champions. Chin up Celts fans, let's do it again next season!
    I know I said there were bad fans everywhere

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Anybody else feel that the 2010 Celtics were a better defensive team than the 2008 team?

I think so...but unfortunately our offense is as good as the 2008 squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    We just watched Ray Allen's last game as a Boston Celtic unless he's ready to take a massive cut in pay...like, a $10 million one. Someone will pay him that money and he's going to take it.

don't blame ray he make the big 3 late and hit big FT in the 4th........ shooters will have big and poor nights, we got killed on the boards, we need another big,

if he didn't set a record in game 2 this series would of been over in 6- and he made big shots against cleveland and orlando.

our offence was really stagnate in the 4th- too much isolation plays........... we should of kept going to rasheed in the post

we had our chance after being up 13 in the 3rd- not closing out quarters is a killer........... i was worried when I saw close ups of PP and KG- they looked absolutely exhausted

TrueDiesel3

Congrats for the Celtics in their playoff run in 2010, it's too bad it fell short to the Lakers. A team had to lose, and it had to be them...Sorry guys. Only one team can come up at the top at the end of the season.

Celtics upset the Cavs and Magic but couldn't upset the Lakers. They still fought hard and they still shocked a lot of people this post-season. Good luck in the future, and I hope to see your team again in the Finals.

I cant wait to see the fire the Celtics come out with next season, same team or not

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Anybody else feel that the 2010 Celtics were a better defensive team than the 2008 team?

I think so...but unfortunately our offense is as good as the 2008 squad.
    Nah, it was their rebounding. Their rebounding wasn't as good.

I wish people would stop bashing Ray, it's not his fault that Boston lost. They lost mainly because they were not able to keep up with the Lakers in the rebounding battle.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Nah, it was their rebounding. Their rebounding wasn't as good.
    Oh yeah that too....

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Right before the playoffs, I thought the idea of the Celtics beating both the Cavaliers and the Magic and making it to the Finals was laughable. But they proved me wrong. Congrats to the Celtics for a very memorable season. The blood, sweat, and tears they gave to make it to this stage is something you don't see from a lot of teams. Respect for them.

Derka

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    don't blame ray he make the big 3 late and hit big FT in the 4th........ shooters will have big and poor nights, we got killed on the boards, we need another big,
    No, I'm sorry. I love Ray and I understand that shooters have bad nights, but you can't have a bad series in the NBA Finals and get paid $19 million. Not possible.

Had he shown up offensively, this series would have ended in Boston. I applaud his defensive effort this series and I applaud his effort...but he's a shooter. His job is to hit shots. If he can't do that for us, we need to find someone who will.

Banned

Great series Celtics fans, you guys have a great team too and had they won tonight they definietely would've deserved it. Hopefully we shall meet again.

InsideGame

**** the celtics... this thread is too soon, try again in maybe 30 minutes

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Absolutely incredible run by the Celtics this year. Who could have predicted, as the second half of the regular season came to a close, that the Celtics would be leading in the fourth quarter of a Game 7 in LA with the title on the line?

Certainly not me...

Great run.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    No, I'm sorry. I love Ray and I understand that shooters have bad nights, but you can't have a bad series in the NBA Finals and get paid $19 million. Not possible.

Had he shown up offensively, this series would have ended in Boston. I applaud his defensive effort this series and I applaud his effort...but he's a shooter. His job is to hit shots. If he can't do that for us, we need to find someone who will.

and what about PP against Cleveland.......... overall since the allstar break ray has done his job- yeah he fell short in the finals but what is killing is offensive boards & the isolation plays with KG and PP in the 3rd and 4th ........ why did doc go to this play? when davies and KG, sheed were doing great in the post!

I don't blame PP or Ray or any one individual- i think we had this game and we stopped moving the ball around in the 3rd period which opened up laker transition points.

I tipping ray to take a pay cut and we have should plenty of salary cap space- we need another big - and I do see this team as contender in 2011

man sheed was huge tonight- i feel bad for him he played great!!

heart broken - i give credit to the lakers fisher, artest did make big shots in the 4th.