Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Congrats to Ron Artest for winning championship in 2010

You can just hear Ariza saying 'Come on man!'

Congratz to Ammo & Luke for the 2nd chips !

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

While I do agree that they dont win game 7 without Ron (or Pau for that matter - both players deserve better than the way fakers fans treated them this series), what kind of over-reactive mod sticked a thread that still only has 80 posts 3 days later?

Sheesh, unsticky this shit.

Ron Artest: From Demon To Redeemed
    by Jabber Head

The Lakers were in trouble, down by 13 in the 3rd quarter. The greatest closer in basketball couldn't hit the Pacific Ocean with a cruise missile.

But up rose the demon, aka Ronald William Artest, Jr., aka Ron-Ron, aka bad-tempered, loose cannon goofball.

Ron-Ron played stellar defense on Paul Pierce all game, but his "savior" act came on the offensive end. He scored 20 points, with the biggest shot a three (on which I cringed when he launched it), with 1:01 left in the game that effectively held off the Celtics' comeback surge.

He immediately blew kisses to the crowd and mouthed "I love you". And perhaps for the first time since the 2004 "Malice at the Palace" in Auburn Hills, MI, fans (at least Lakers fans) mouthed back, "We love you too, Ron".

Artest's play redeemed his status in the fans eye. So much for the demon.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...on-to-redeemer

Detoured career of Queensbridge native Ron Artest culminates with Lakers NBA championship win

BY Frank Isola
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

LOS ANGELES - Ron Artest thanked God and his psychiatrist and even apologized to Donnie Walsh for "bailing out" on him when he played for the Indiana Pacers.

"I want to thank God for this blessing to be here, and one thing I said earlier, when I was younger I bailed out on my Indiana team," Artest said. "I was so young, so egotistical, and I bailed out on Donnie (Walsh), Larry (Bird), Jermaine (O'Neal), (Jamaal) Tinsley, (Jeff) Foster, who never bails out, he just fights for you, for his team. Stephen Jackson, who already had a ring, continued to fight for us, etc.

"I sometimes feel like a coward when I see those guys because it's like, man, I'm on the Lakers and I had a chance to win with you guys, and I almost feel like a coward. I never thought God would put me in this situation again because of that."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ur_artest.html

Laker fans will continue to have a "love/hate" relationship with Ron Ron.

Value Ape.

Not airballing my layups anymore RDavis31's Avatar

HEY YOU GUYS!

From his Post-Game Intervie:

"Kobe passed me the ball, he never passes me the ball"

"and Phil didn't want me to shoot the 3, I heard him, cus he's the Zen master" LOL
    "He said 'Ron don't shoot, don't shoot'; I say whatever, POW a Three!!!"

"HEY PEOPLE OVER THERE ON YOUR LAPTOPS! ACKNOWLEDGE ME PLEASE!"

''this is.... (my entire family) and I'm RON!!!'' hahaha

"this my sister! she got to meet kobe shes so happy!" hahaha i ****in lost it at that point

Banned

No Shitt ...

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    While I do agree that they dont win game 7 without Ron (or Pau for that matter - both players deserve better than the way fakers fans treated them this series), what kind of over-reactive mod sticked a thread that still only has 80 posts 3 days later?

Sheesh, unsticky this shit.
    Haters gonna hate......why do you care what is stickied or not....who cares?
    It's like going to a house around the corner from you and complaining to them about the color of their house

I love that Ron Ron is getting the love he deserves!!!!

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

I appreciate that he's so willing to open up and that he is willing to publicly confront the demons of his past on his own personal journey. He didn't have to say many of those things, but it's like it has been part of his therapy. We all make mistakes and he has made his share. But it's been how he has gone about making amends that has impressed me the most.

I know that last fall he reached out to the guy that threw the Diet Coke at him that incited the M@tP to get together and do something positive. Last I heard they were trying to put together some type of charity fundraising deal.

So many people that have been in similar situations have been defiant and unapologetic or just try to put as much distance as possible between themselves and a negative situation. Not RA. He's owned up to his past behavior and shown that he is willing to change. Can't ask for more than that.

As for what he's done on the court, I think he gave us the quality perimeter defender we needed and contributed positively at key moments, especially in the WCF and the finals. I appreciate players that rise to the occasion like that and hope the Lakers can bring him back for another campaign or more. He's earned it IMHO.

What makes everything sweeter is that Ron put it all out there:

He went into the shower in 2008 in Boston and told Kobe he was coming to the Lakers and wouldn't let them lose again.

He took a big pay cut to sign with the Lakers

He said at the start of the season that if the Lakers don't win the title "Blame Me" (Can you imagine Lebron saying that... )

And then he delivered big time in game 7 of the finals, keeping the team in the game when Kobe and Pau couldn't even hit free throws, then sealing it with a clutch 3.

Man this is the stuff movies are made of......can't say enough about the guy, crazy or not, he delivered on his promises.

Don't let me shoot you Xander X's Avatar

I am so glad he won the championship it was his first time. He is the crazies guy i ever seen.

KobeDaMamba
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Massive props to Ron, he's my dude. The thing I like most about him is that he's a realist. Dude keeps it real and doesn't have a fake personality. If it's his fault, he's gonna man up and admit it. Plus, his post game performance? You gotta love it. And I thought there was too much that was made out of his crazy antics. After the Detroit brawl, he hardly got involved in some major incident. He got ejected a couple of times and got into some altercations but nothing serious. Dude just has a bad rap. That psychiatrist comment he made in the interview right after the game had me rolling. Anyone know who his psychiatrist is?