Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Can somebody explain to me why Charlotte traded Kobe to LA?

If the Lakers never had Shaq, Kobe would have been an individual star like Tracy McGrady, and probably abandoned his so called "refuse to lose attitude". But since he got a taste, he all of a sudden has the same drive as Jordan to win.

He would have been traded to some team, because he almost got traded to Chicago while the Lakers were falling apart. He's gotten that star player to keep him in LA. Gasol and Shaq have made the differerce between Kobe being A Dwyane Wade type player, and Kobe being compared to a player he in no where near as good (Jordan).

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    If the Lakers never had Shaq, Kobe would have been an individual star like Tracy McGrady, and probably abandoned his so called "refuse to lose attitude". But since he got a taste, he all of a sudden has the same drive as Jordan to win.

He would have been traded to some team, because he almost got traded to Chicago while the Lakers were falling apart. He's gotten that star player to keep him in LA. Gasol and Shaq have made the differerce between Kobe being A Dwyane Wade type player, and Kobe being compared to a player he in no where near as good (Jordan).
    Being a Dwyane Wade type player is still pretty damn good. As bad as Wade's supporting cast has been in Miami, when healthy, he's still had them in the playoffs. Kobe, IMO, even without Shaq would still have ended up being a lot closer to a "Dwyane Wade type player" than Tracy McGrady.

Yeah I agree. Being a Dwyane Wade type player is damn good, HOF good, but you won't Wade fans say he is better than Jordan.

Hitting fade aways once or twice a game in big games seems to give Laker some Laker fans the impression that he is as good as Jordan. Jordan did that every game and it was expected. But Kobe makes it and he's the GOAT for making two in a row.

Yeah I agree. Being a Dwyane Wade type player is damn good, HOF good, but you won't Wade fans say he is better than Jordan.

Hitting fade aways once or twice a game in big games seems to give Laker some Laker fans the impression that he is as good as Jordan. Jordan did that every game and it was expected. But Kobe makes it and he's the GOAT for making two in a row.
    I agree. There are still Laker fans (albeit the dumber ones) who think that every big shot Kobe hits in the playoffs/Finals means he's better than Jordan. I'm guessing they are the younger Laker fans as well since they forget Jordan did that on a regular basis. Jordan was also 6/6 in NBA Finals while Kobe is 4/6 and will either be 5/7 or 4/7 after this series. In the '04 and '08 Finals Kobe (by his standards) was pedestrian.

Not airballing my layups anymore BC Eagle's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, Kobe listed LA, the Knicks, Philadelphia and Boston as the teams he'd play for.

Another reason I hate Kobe. I dont believe the sense of entitlement he has.

Banned

You mean a Dwayne Wade player as in he wins a title and Finals MVP with one of the best finals performances and playoff runs the only time he's had a competitive cast around him?
    Last edited by lilkobe; 06-07-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Banned

Wrong bozo, Jordan didn't hit stupid Kobe fades once or twice a game because Jordan was too smart to even take stupid shots like that and he could get off better looks for himself.

Kobe has the stupidest shot selection of all time but he hits them at a high enough percentage so you cant hate on him for it

Gobb & Showtime know what they are talkin about..

Kobe worked out for Jerry West and from then on he was going to LA no matter what..

He told teams he would only play for LA from jump..

Kobe was a pretty big deal even before he was drafted... He caught alot of heat for skippin college... Lasalle (I think it was Lasalle) offered his dad a coaching spot on the team if Kobe would agree to play for them...

People were p*ssed because he skipped and went straight to the L

He was a very good prospect... A little skinny back then, but had all the talent necessary.... he wasnt as polished as a few other players though,so teams like the Sixers took AI.... I think Ray Allen was in that draft too.... I remember the big thing at number 1 was whether the 6ers would take AI, Marbury, or Camby... Kobe was a great looking young player, but not considered quite a number 1 at that point...

Philly made a smart move in that Draft. AI turned out to be one of the best #1 picks ever.

GOBB seems like one of the only people making sense, I dont remember any of the pre-hype for the 96' Draft. Its not as publicized as it is now.

Banned

May have had something to do with that tie he's wearing in the draft photo.

Sure he was a good prospect, but Kobe was an unproven 18 year old coming out of high school, Divac was a proven NBA center. Trading the #13 pick for Divac was a pretty solid deal for Charlotte at the time.

Arcadia, CA

kobe isnt jordan but he is still the 2nd greatest shooting guard of all time and a top ten player, rosecity is a loser

Stating your opinion (outlandish or not) makes you a loser?

Saw a basketball once SprtsTmeMachine's Avatar

Simple. Vlade Divac is just better