Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Default Re: So sad watching this....

It was really sad seeing him cry I agree, I wanted the Lakers to win, but a part of me wanted to see the biggest class acts in sports, Steve Nash and Grant Hill, finally make it to the big stage.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: So sad watching Steve Nash cry after Lakers eliminated Suns

I find it funny looking at his sweaty chest hairs.

But I do want Nash to go to the finals one day. It's always nice to see someone cares so much about the game or the desire to win.

National High School Star

It is what it is. Nash will get over it someday(like today). What's with all the big male internet hugs & sobs

Nash doesn't want any of you knuckleheads pity.

Fools with their silly/mock outrage because someone laughs because a grown man cries over a silly game.

Very good NBA starter

Fools with their silly/mock outrage because someone laughs because a grown man cries over a silly game.
    they're just like that dude crying for britney spears on youtube.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    they're just like that dude crying for britney spears on youtube.
    Nash would be embarrassed to hear this friggin internet pity party from a bunch of guys no less. Nash DOES NOT WANT YOUR PITY here

But.... women on the other hand. I am not adverse to a little sympathy sex here & there.

No pity here for Nash. Guy is doin hella lot better in life than 32jazz.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    It is what it is. Nash will get over it someday(like today). What's with all the big male internet hugs & sobs

Nash doesn't want any of you knuckleheads pity.

so you prefer guys to react like Vince Carter ("oh wells I don't care") and Lebron (smug) after losses rather than like Nash and Kobe (yes, Kobe's ass cried too in 2003)

I don't get why a pro athlete showing they love the game so much it could move them to tears is a bad thing.

seriously, Americans and their dumbass homophobic alpha-male "I aint eating no vegetables I aint crying I like having a gut and two chins" culture is laughable. Everytime I read Maxim I'm rolling my eyes at the cliches.
    Last edited by EricForman; 05-31-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    so you prefer guys to react like Vince Carter ("oh wells I don't care") and Lebron (smug) after losses rather than like Nash and Kobe (yes, Kobe's ass cried too in 2003)
    Jordan has cried too ... I think it shows their passion for the game.

seriously, Americans and their dumbass homophobic
    Don't you just mean "dumbasses" ... not all Americans are as described.

Banned

poor Nash

feel bad for him

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Aint nothing wrong with crying. Shows you got heart and love the game and a competitor.

With all that Said

Steve Nash crying put a smile on my face. Makes me feel better about 06-07

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Jordan has cried too ... I think it shows their passion for the game.

Don't you just mean "dumbasses" ... not all Americans are as described.
    Well, obviously, not every American fit under that rule but generally, Americans are more homophobic and more prone to those generic alpha male traits than any other country's people. I mean, I'm American. I think it's funny half the time. Al Bundy is one of my idols, and he's the ultimate "you dont cry unless your mother dies you sissy" type of american male.

But... Bundy is a TV character. He's hilarious and awesome in a fictional world. Too many Americans really live by those rules though. You open up an issue of Maxim and it's just full of these stupid cliches and "men rules" that works on a TV sitcom but not real life.

The whole american culture messed up basketball. I mean, swatting a shot 5 rows to the crowd is awesome but taking a charge is probably considered "sissy". I mean you notice that the "smartest and craftiest" players are all foreign? Because Americans got too much alpha male pride, they deem crafty moves as sissy. American behavior is all out, all loud, all the time. Like a Sheed. I'm sure he's a true man's man in America.
    Last edited by EricForman; 05-31-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Root Of All Evil

taking a charge is probably considered "sissy".
    I've never seen someone insinuate taking a charge is "sissy" ... in fact that takes a lot of guts.

cartoon characters.
    You just named likeable, and memorable qualities of "cartoon" like characters, IE Al Bundy.

It is still not that serious, Eric Foreman, you do realize that you typed six paragraphs over a man crying? Seriously?

He cried, end of story. What is there to defend? Why are you comparing him to Carter and Lebron? People are different, I wonder why that is so hard for people to understand.People deal with their failures in different ways, nothing new about that.

I dont get why crying is "showing how much he loves the game" while Carter and Lebron's reactions are negative. At the end of the day, it is just a game.

Lets end the thread on that note.

Well, obviously, not every American fit under that rule but generally, Americans are more homophobic and more prone to those generic alpha male traits than any other country's people. I mean, I'm American. I think it's funny half the time. Al Bundy is one of my idols, and he's the ultimate "you dont cry unless your mother dies you sissy" type of american male.

But... Bundy is a TV character. He's hilarious and awesome in a fictional world. Too many Americans really live by those rules though. You open up an issue of Maxim and it's just full of these stupid cliches and "men rules" that works on a TV sitcom but not real life.

The whole american culture messed up basketball. I mean, swatting a shot 5 rows to the crowd is awesome but taking a charge is probably considered "sissy". I mean you notice that the "smartest and craftiest" players are all foreign? Because Americans got too much alpha male pride, they deem crafty moves as sissy. American behavior is all out, all loud, all the time. Like a Sheed. I'm sure he's a true man's man in America.
    in some countries you could be put to death for engaging in homosexual acts.

Banned

Im not that sad he had his chance in 05 06 & 07 when the Lakers sucked. especially 06 when they went 7 games with a bad laker team & 7 games with the f****** Clippers

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    I almost felt sorry for Nash, but I forgot he's making millions, while we have people in the world starving and fighting to survive.
    The guy cares about winning. You can't ask for anything more as a fan.

It's not like he's trying to make others feel bad for him.