Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bynum for Bosh could really happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I like Bynum but he is hurt alot...Honestly Id want to keep Bynum because I think when he is healthy he is a great asset.

The issue I have is....when will he be healthy? He shouldnt be this injured early on dude...that is not a good sign. Age only makes it worse most of the time....Bynum could very well have a very short career.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Oh please Bynum is the NBA's biggest b1tch.This pathetic excuse for a player is always injured. He can't work well with anyone b/c in 2 weeks he injures a different part of his body..

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The issue I have is....when will he be healthy? He shouldnt be this injured early on dude...that is not a good sign. Age only makes it worse most of the time....Bynum could very well have a very short career.
    Totally agree. If you can get Bosh for Bynum you have to do it. I actually think that Bosh and Gasol could play very well together. Gasol has proven he is more than capable to guard centers....in fact....he's better guarding most centers than he is guarding power forwards. Bosh is such a versatile player and really hustles on both ends of the floor. He would be able to operate so freely because he would be third option on the floor for the Lakers. Trust me....if an opposing team can't focus on Bosh....they are screwed....he will carve them up all night.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Oh please Bynum is the NBA's biggest b1tch.This pathetic excuse for a player is always injured. He can't work well with anyone b/c in 2 weeks he injures a different part of his body..
    You have obviously never been injured... you wouldn't be saying that if you have been. Injuries happen... especially to people who have more weight than their frame can really handle. Some people need to be trim in order to avoid injuries... I'd say Grag Oden also fits that bill. Shaq was just a freak... but he was injured a lot too, just never when it really mattered.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Gasol is better at guarding people like Dwight Howard than he is at guarding athletic PFs like Amare. I think he is better at C than PF.

As for Bynum, even when he is healthy he only shows up to half the games. He does not defend or rebound most of the time. We already have Gasol who plays similar offense and similar but more consistent defense.

Imagine the Lakers having THREE players who can draw double teams while stretching the floor? Auto-championship.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Interesting perspective from a Vince Carter fan.

Man w/NBA Inside info NewYorkUSCtrojan's Avatar

Buh Bye Bynum

*THINKING* Bynum might be faking his injuries to lessen his stock value. Bynum knows the organization is looking to trade him.

National High School Star

Why would Toronto trade an multiple all-star player for a top young prospect? Only crooked Stern could make it happen! Lol, is that even a question? You guys do realize that Bosh can just leave if he wants to right? You really can't see the benefit of replacing your leaving center with a young legit 7 footer with good skills? Christ, some fans can be such crybabies some times.

I'm not sure about this trade. While I do agree that Bynum has been a big disappointment up to this point, I'm not sure Bosh is the answer. Don't get me wrong, I thought Bosh was amazing in the olympics. I just don't know if he's the right fit for this exact team. Like others have said, Gasol full time at the center hasn't been the best way to use him so far. Having two finesse big men on the same team seems kind of redundant. I'm just thinking about how we'd win a series with both our starting bigs getting pushed around in the paint.

Why I think Bynum would work for Toronto, is that he seems to play better when he's "the man." He tends to pout when he isn't the focus of what's going on on the floor. When he's motivated he's been pretty spectacular and he does have a lot of tools. If he could just stop jumping in to players who have literally no chance of making a shot over him, he might be able to stay out of foul trouble. Being the focus on a new team might make him finally blossom in to an all-star level player.

Lets say hypothetically they were to make this happen....LA would have to also try to look out for another center to come off the bench that is better than Mbenga.

A front court of Bosh and Gasol would be an opposing Coach's nightmare, can't double either one because you have a guy named Kobe in the back court.

I love Bynum, but let's be honest, he's never going to be a healthy player for us. Where we need him the most, the Playoffs and The Finals, he has not been healthy enough to contribute consistently...3 years straight.

I say do it.

Lets say hypothetically they were to make this happen....LA would have to also try to look out for another center to come off the bench that is better than Mbenga.

Shaq

Not airballing my layups anymore Dr Giggles's Avatar

While I do agree that PF is Gasol's best position, how many players are better than him at Center? Howard and Duncan? Anyone else? And he's not that much worse than those two if any worse at all, and that's his second best position.

What I'm saying is that I would trade for Bosh and go with Gasol at center.

At worst they start next season with the best SG in the league, a top 5 PF and a top 3 C.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

why? I like mbenga very much. he was even the starting center for a couple games this season and performed quite well. best shot blocker in the league per-minute wise.

Da Mavs

Bynum's length and height is far inferior to what Bosh brings to the table in terms of talent and actually being healthy.

Gasol and Bosh would work beautifully.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Chris Bosh PF 26 years old career 20/10 6'10" 230 lbs

Bynum C 22 years old 2010 stats 15/ 8 7' 285 lbs

-------------------------
    I'd say Bynum is growing right now into his body with all the height growth and weight.
    Once the injuries go away he has at least 10 servicable years.

Bosh has about 8-9. (with no defense)

-------------------------
    If Lakers actually do this off season sign and trade (Raptors) Pau will need a boat load of help on the defensive end , and if the opposing center pulls out , can Bosh actually defend the paint and board like a weak side center

I think if this trade or any team can acquire Bynum - you do it.
    the kid is young and still developing.