Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Top 8 PGs 5 years from now?

What's your predictions?

Here's mine, but it's really just a guess at this point.

[LIST=1][*]Tyreke Evans[*]Chris Paul[*]Deron Williams[*]Derrick Rose[*]Goran Dragic[*]John Wall[*]Rajon Rondo[*]Brandon Jennings[/LIST]

Hard to tell really who has the brightest future. I don't know a lot about college players either, so I don't know who looks the best out of them.

Default Re: Top 8 PGs 5 years from now?

Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo?

The black hole they call Evans at #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

Got a better list? Make it.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Got a better list? Make it.
    Easy there Cowboy...although I don't agree with your bold assumptions I gotta respect it....hey you could end up being right.

Also, the reason I put Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo is because I don't see Rondo getting a ton better than he already is, and I see the Celtics falling off the map within the next few years as age plays it's role. Dragic will take over when Nash retires and he'll get significantly better, filling in Nash's shoes quite nicely. Wall has the skill and athleticism to become a top 5 PG some day, it just depends on if he utilizes it. I think he will be right up there, and yes... better than Rondo.

Also, why is Evans a black hole? The guy can flat out dominate games, he's already proven he can do so as a rookie... I only see him improving further on as his passing game develops. I don't GUARANTEE he will become a #1 league point guard, but he will be right up there.

The guy I forgot to put in the list is Westbrook, I think he'll definitely be top 8 material... I don't know why I forgot about him.

Also, the reason I put Dragic and Wall ahead of Rondo is because I don't see Rondo getting a ton better than he already is, and I see the Celtics falling off the map within the next few years as age plays it's role. Dragic will take over when Nash retires and he'll get significantly better, filling in Nash's shoes quite nicely. Wall has the skill and athleticism to become a top 5 PG some day, it just depends on if he utilizes it. I think he will be right up there, and yes... better than Rondo.

Also, why is Evans a black hole? The guy can flat out dominate games, he's already proven he can do so as a rookie... I only see him improving further on as his passing game develops. I don't GUARANTEE he will become a #1 league point guard, but he will be right up there.

The guy I forgot to put in the list is Westbrook, I think he'll definitely be top 8 material... I don't know why I forgot about him.

1.) I'm not as sold on Wall as most ppl are...he could end up being a taller Barbosa imo without the shot [their body make ups are similar imo].

2.) Reke is a beast....I love his game....but often times it looks like he passes only when it's the last option. HE's got a crazy handle and he's strong as an ox with the ball but I see him as being better suited for the 2 esp when he gets older.

3.) I like Dragic's game too. No doubt he's opened his eyes with his play in the playoffs but I have to see him starting 82 games to make him to be one of the best PG's of the future.

4.) Westbrook and Rondo still have the ability and potential to add better shooting to their cache....so does Rose....that would be scary and would definitely make them my top 3 or put them in the top 5 at least.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

This list needs more jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by dough
    This list needs more jrue.
    Haven't seen him play much.

1. Rondo

The rest...

Good High School Starter

Dude, where's Westbrook?

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

Rose really looks like a combo guard. Should he be on that list? he doesn't really show the elite vision the guys behind him has got.
    Also i think tyreke will move to SG in the near future.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Jrue Holiday is the truth, a straigt up lockdown defender ala Gary Payton, John Starks, Joe Dumars ( the only man to shut down Prime Jordan)

Tony Wroten Jr should be on the list, OJ Mayo is switching to PG next year according to sources. Where the heck is Ricky Rubio also.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

then dont make lists.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba

Tony Wroten Jr should be on the list, OJ Mayo is switching to PG next year according to sources. Where the heck is Ricky Rubio also.

Dude, putting HS players on the list is a little far fetched....also, Rubio scored like 6 poitns and had 5 turnovers in his championship game today/yesterday....doesn't scream ASG material to me....yet.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Dude, putting HS players on the list is a little far fetched....also, Rubio scored like 6 poitns and had 5 turnovers in his championship game today/yesterday....doesn't scream ASG material to me....yet.
    because of the one and done rule where these phenoms are exposed to go comp. they actually contribute right away when they are 19-21 coming into the league, so it really isn't that far fetched. Wroten is part of the HS class of 2011 ( upcoming senior), he is going to be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft. Then that gives him 3 seasons to establish himself as a top 8 pg in the league. Drose did his in 2, there isn't any reason he doesn't have the ability to do it in 3.

Where Steph Curry, he should statistical be the best if he stays in that run and gun system?

Brandon Jennings didnt do too well in euro league, all euro league does is shackle the talented young player, just so the josh childress's of the world can make all team.