Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: What is John Wall nba comparsion. How good can he be

Early Crawford highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP_C24bkiY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEoTNX5QJY

WHat makes people think Wall will be a star. He has immaturity issues, and will need to pack on some pounds to get to 210. Crawford when we drafted him on the bulls had some sick highlights, and essentially they are the same guy in ability

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Dwyane Wade College stats Freshman year:

18/3/6 on 48%

John Wall College stats Freshman year:

17/4/7 on 46%

People act like Wade came into the league as a superstar, when the truth is, nobody could have predicted Wade would be this good.

Wade is a better scorer, no doubt. While Wall seems to have better court vision already. Obviously saying Wall could be on Wade's level is assuming he meets his maximum potential.. which is what the OP asked.

If we are talking about who dominated more at the sub-NBA level, the answer is John Wall. And I have no doubt if he reaches his maximum potential, he could be on Wade's level, with less scoring, and more assists.

First time I ever saw a John Wall mixtape, I thought, "this kid plays a lot like Wade".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
    Yes, Dwyane Wade wasn't predicted to be this good, and yes him and John Wall have a very similar game, but you have to understand, players like Wade come super rarely, after all there is only him and LeBron who are all around as good players as they are.

For John Wall to be on Wades level he will have to put up 25\7\5 every year and have 30\8\5 or 27\7\6 years in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Early Crawford highlights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hP_C24bkiY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEoTNX5QJY

WHat makes people think Wall will be a star. He has immaturity issues, and will need to pack on some pounds to get to 210. Crawford when we drafted him on the bulls had some sick highlights, and essentially they are the same guy in ability

His buckets in college were in a system that didnt suit him as a player, I think he will thrive in the NBA where he can get out and make plays in ways he couldnt in college.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    His buckets in college were in a system that didnt suit him as a player, I think he will thrive in the NBA where he can get out and make plays in ways he couldnt in college.
    I feel you. Hes gonna be a good player but for the Paul and Wade comparisons??? From a physical andability standpoint he is Jamal Crawford 2.0

People are underrating Jamals talent, if it werent for that neck injury,and nagging injuries, He would have been a great player. Not Top Tier, but 2nd tier allstar.

Wade was a thicker built even in high school compared to Wall. I just dont see how he will be a superstar when hes Combo guard with not one set unique skill

Allen Iverson with better passes and can dunk it easier.

I rule the local playground

How in the hell is Wall Crawford 2.0? I don't see that at all. He's more a young Wade than anything else

Banned

Plays like DWade, similar athleticism, might actually be a little longer (maybe not, Wade is extremely long, but Wall does look longer)
    I see him being an EXTREMELY good player. He has the best passing of any player I can remember out of college in a long time.

Magic Johnson

Very good to great. I still don't understand why people think he's more athletic than Rose though. He's not.

He sort of reminds me of a hybrid mix between Jennings and Rose. He's got Jennings' speed/quickness and Rose's athleticism.

Jamal Crawford in college and John Wall in college? I dont see the comparison myself. Damn I checked the Crawford highlight videos and very disappointed not many Michigan highlights. I seriously cant find the play where its a fast break and he dribbles with the right puts it between his legs twice having the defender thinking he would go left with it yet he realizes he is being layed up.

How come Jamal Crawford college highlights are rare? Wth man. Anyone can find some post. Wanna see if someone captured the play I'm talkin about.

The D.Wade comparisons are legit. Wall fills his frame out then I can see it. AI? Nah, then again I think Wade is a bigger version of AI to a degree. I thought AI was a mix of Isiah Thomas/Kevin Johnson.

Comparing Wall is tough...should be easier after 2 years in the NBA to see where he is going.

All the people banking on this guy being a superstar on the level of Wade are going to have their baloons popped
    Last edited by beasted86; 05-05-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Why is Crawford such a hard comparison coming out? Ive seen plenty of Wall since I go to College in KY.

Dwayne Wade didnt have the handles that Wall has. and Wades body even when skinnier was more solid than Wall.
    He doesnt have blazing speed like Rose,AI and Wade was more athletic.
    Jamal Crawford had a lot of game when he first came out.

Look at them both play and his skills are that of Jamal Crawford who is the prototype Combo guard.

even the slashing style is a younger more explosive Crawford.

I think some of you were underrating how talented Crawford was before injuries and problems. Wall isnt exactly a high character guy and has been in trouble before.

I know he will be a good player in the NBA but hes not going to be that perennial top 10 player.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    I don't think he will be a bust. But I do think it will take some time for him to really make an impact in this league. I really, really, hope the Pistons get the 1st overall pick. Rodney Stuckey could move to the two, or come off the bench as a combo-guard behind Wall and Gordon.

Also you would have the Chicago/Detroit rivalry with Rose and Wall.
    That's what I want, too.

And I'm not a fan of either of those teams (though I do admire Rip, Gordon, Rose, Noah, and to some extent Stuckey).

I usually hit open layups King Kong's Avatar

i don't think crawford is a good comparison since crawford is an explosive scorer and wall isn't. I think a taller version of Rondo is a good comparison. I don't think he can score like Wade that's why.

I could be wrong, but i wasn't that impressed by him in college, he never really took over any game. I really don't see why people think he is going to be or already is better than Derrick Rose.

a mix of rose and wade, maybe with a little tyreke evans in there also...i dont see wall as nearly as explosive as steve francis tho.

i dont know much about him, but i see him as a Derrick Rose with averaging more assits but a lot more turnovers... see some Westbrook/Wade in him too...