Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Westbrook: I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Durant also called him the best player in the world but no....he's washed up
    Fact is he hasn't been himself for a few months now.
    Blame it on injuries, age or whatever you like, but his performance hasn't been that good.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Westbrook: I wasn't ready for Kobe, he is the best player in the league

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    true, he sucks.
    He doesn't suck (defensively), but to hear the reaction from Kobe fans the last couple of days you'd think he locked up prime KJ or CP3/Deron or something.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Kobe does a good job defensively (with a lot of help from his big men) for one game against a guy who averaged 16.1 pts/41.8% FG this season and people act like he's the second coming of the messiah. Hysterical.
    westbrook's opinion> man in new york sitting in his michael jordan pajamas posting in the middle of the night

Root Of All Evil

He doesn't suck (defensively), but to hear the reaction from Kobe fans the last couple of days you'd think he locked up prime KJ or CP3/Deron or something.
    But Westbrook has been a beast. He's reaching elite level PG caliber play, very rapidly.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt

Of course he say's he good he was shut down by him..

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    westbrook's opinion> man in new york sitting in his michael jordan pajamas posting in the middle of the night
    Not hating on Kobe, but what Westbrook said is what 99% of NBA players say in every post game interview.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Durant also called him the best player in the world but no....he's washed up

Lebron is two notches above Kobe right now..Sorry dude

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Kobe gets a steal from Westbrook

Artest also helped against Westbrook

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    But Westbrook has been a beast. He's reaching elite level PG caliber play, very rapidly.
    But how much of that was Fisher's incompetence? I can't buy that a 16 pt/42% player is some stud on the basis of a few good games.

Good college starter

Kobe normally plays lazy defense, he only plays real defense when the team really needs a win in the playoffs. The regular season, he just chills in the cut and coast all the way into the playoffs. That's why regular season don't mean jack because some people don't play to there potential.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

I'm sure that was considered all ball by the refs. Ron Artest looks like he is raping him. Literally.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt

Kobe gets a steal from Westbrook

Artest also helped against Westbrook
    lmao. Westbrook owned.

But how much of that was Fisher's incompetence? I can't buy that a 16 pt/42% player is some stud on the basis of a few good games.
    If it was Fisher's incompetence that caused the spike in Westbrook's performance, then wouldn't putting an average defender like Kobe mean that Westbrook would shoot around his average for the season of 42%? Average defense= average stats?

It's both. Fisher's worthlessness as a defender and the Westbrook finding his way on the big stage. At this point of Westbrook's young career(and Durant's), he is literally getting better every game..learning new things, understanding the game better, etc. Their learning curves are crazy right now. If he attacked more and shared a bit more of the offensive load in the regular season like he has been doing in the playoffs, his stats would have been better.

Also, the best way to neutralize Kobe's defense is running screens on him over and over(see LeBron & a lot of the time, Wade.) If you're iso'd against Kobe, it will be a tough night for you.

People who pray for Kobe's downfall get proven wrong again and again...and again...and again.
    Last edited by lefthook00; 04-29-2010 at 02:55 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    If it was Fisher's incompetence that caused the spike in Westbrook's performance, then wouldn't putting an average defender like Kobe mean that Westbrook would shoot around his average for the season of 42%? Average defense= average stats?
    Who said that Kobe is an average defender? He's not nearly as good as people like you think, but he's at the very least above average, and can be great in stretches when he applies himself. Also, 10-13 FGA is a very low volume, so a missed shot or two really has an impact on FG% and can't be used as evidence of much of anything.