Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

Quote Originally Posted by STATDunksOn
    I remember somewhere that Parker said that Deron was better. I'm not sure how long ago that was or how long ago your link was though....Though he's a joke if he still thinks he's the 2nd best PG in the league,
    that much have been a while ago. Tony Parker said that Chris Paul is the best PG in the league just a year ago and also said Rondo is the most overrated.

The most overrated PG
    Rajon Rondo
    "It used to be Jason Williams. People used to love him because he was making fancy assists and they were forgetting the passes in the stands. Nowadays it's more difficult. Maybe Rajon Rondo. He is a bit overrated.Playing with Pierce and Garnett helps a lot and people tend to forget that."

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3"

He's just saying what he should be saying. As Deron stated, he's sure CP3 would say he's (CP3) the best... as he should.

Basketball is all about confidence. You have to believe you're the best, to be the best.

Overrated

Dirk has also said Deron Williams in the best PG in the league.

Also. I hate how everyone is thinking being the best PG is all about stats.

If thats the case Stockton > Magic

Deron Williams had millsap?

Millsap is undersized and was passed up by everyone in the draft.

Also look at Welsey Matthews, Undrafted?

Deron has a better supporting cast than Paul, which is why his stats are less.

And if were getting into stats...

Deron 4th guy in NBA history to have a 4 Game playoff streak of 25pts 10assists or more.

Its youre style of preference with the 2.

And every coach would pick Deron over CP3(aside from Maybe D`antoni)

Also with CP3 making David West better. Did he give David West his jump shot?

He made him better by getting him open, which both PG`s can do.

You can argue Deron made Okur an Allstar because he always set him up at the 3. Okur never created his own shot. Deron did it for him.

Both are great PGs, but i dont know how you cant pick Deron with his size and ability to create mismatches. I never see CP3 guarding 2 guards
    Last edited by Dontstop; 04-28-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontstop

And every coach would pick Deron over CP3(aside from Maybe D`antoni)
    Is that the reason why Deron Williams played in one playoff game in his whole career so far? I think every coach would rather have Chris Paul over Deron Williams instead of jerry sloan.

Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Is that the reason why Deron Williams played in one playoff game in his whole career so far? I think every coach would rather have Chris Paul over Deron Williams instead of jerry sloan.
    What?

I'm so happy Deron Williams has the balls to come out and say how he really feels. He does try to fake humility like Lebron or Kobe who will always say they think the other is the best in the league.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

It's what have you done for me lately. I don't remember seeing any of these comments by D-Will when Paul was healthy and tearing up the league. I still think Paul is the best when healthy and have D-Will as a close 2nd. It's a close call either way.

Future D1 Dad

i give him props for saying what he believes. would u rather him think he's just mediocre or the best pg?

Let Williams have his fun, he is having a great series.

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3

He has, though...

Even Brandon Jennings knows.

CP3 got calls from that whole Katrina thing; that's why he put up that one amazing season. Laugh if you want, but it's true. Deron has never gotten calls except in this series. Hopefully this is the turning point of Deron's career because if he gets superstar calls then he will be a superstar.

-Smak

NBA lottery pick

Deron Williams handles has been off lately.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Deron Williams: "I've been the best PG in the NBA for a while, CP3 is #2, Nash #3

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    He has, though...

Even Brandon Jennings knows.

CP3 got calls from that whole Katrina thing; that's why he put up that one amazing season. Laugh if you want, but it's true. Deron has never gotten calls except in this series. Hopefully this is the turning point of Deron's career because if he gets superstar calls then he will be a superstar.

-Smak
    You actually don't believe this do you?. Wow you know it's getting bad when people blame something like Katrina for somebody getting calls.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    It's what have you done for me lately. I don't remember seeing any of these comments by D-Will when Paul was healthy and tearing up the league. I still think Paul is the best when healthy and have D-Will as a close 2nd. It's a close call either way.
    Haha, he's been saying stuff like this for years now.. He's actually still even a little angry at Jerry Sloan for essentially ruining his rookie year by making him sit on the bench and play back up to a dude named keith mcleod.. Deron is boarderline cocky, but it's a type of attitude you need to succeed in the league. And he knows that other players probably feel the same way. (Such as monta ellis recently saying he'd put kobe as the best player in the league, then himself, then lebron).

And one thing that kinda makes me mad about these Deron/CP3 arguments lately is that people keep using the injury card for Paul.. When one of the primary reasons that I, and most coaches in the league, would pick Deron over Paul in the draft if it were held again... Durability. Deron is built to withstand a tougher beating than Paul, he doesn't get injured as much, and i'd be willing to bet that at the end of it all, he'll have had the longer and more successful career.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Derrick Rose,Rondo and WestBrook will be in the Conversation(top 5) within the next couple years if they aren't now.
    They already are in that conversation to me.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Shutup and just play. Don't ruin your amazing game with your ego.
    Not at all. Just surprised he would actually say it. Honestly if a high caliber player does not think they are the best something is wrong.