Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone else think the Cavs are overrated?

What on earth makes the Cavs overrated? because many have them as the favourites to win it all? hmm

Cavs deserve to be the main favourites due to how well they have played this year and who they have on the roster. This team has upgraded alot from last seasons roster. Bringing in Jamison, Shaq, Parker along with Powe and Moon. Grantes Powe may not play alot in the playoffs but he is an option.

Cavs got beat by the Magic last season, granted and Magic were the better team and deserved to win that series. This season I do think things will be different due to the clear weaknesses the Cavs have fixes against this Orlando team.

Having a guy who can body up Shaq will be huge just as having a guy like Jamison to go toe to toe with Rashard Lewis which is just as important as the Dwight/Shaq match-up.

Fact is even with guys like Ben Wallace, Sasha, Wally all playing decent minutes in that playoff series last year the Cavs were in that series. People who think that series was an ass kicking clearly didn't watch that series. That series was won by a few last second plays. Either team could of won that series.

Magic do seem improved like that Cavs but it remains to be seen how well Vince will do in this series and if they will miss Hedo's length against this current Cavs team. Cavs have clearly improved alot and with the way L.A has been playing and the way they struggle with our bigs calling the Cavs the favourites is not overrating them it is just telling it how it is.

I expect Cavs to win it all but that doesn't mean we don't have weaknesses like the other do. Magic and Lakers also have a good shot at winning it all.

One last thing, I hate the logic that because Cavs were 1-6 without Lebron that makes them overrated...seriously WTF. Cavs are built around Lebron so clearly when you take him out the whole team changes due to the way they have been built around him. That 1-6 record is a stupid stat to bring up more so when you consider Cavs had other major players missing when Lebron was out too.

Yes

Local High School Star

like i said, they fell off defensively.

More of a 1 man team than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    like i said, they fell off defensively.

More of a 1 man team than people think.
    typical post when a team might actually lose a game..

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    typical post when a team might actually lose a game..
    how so? this thread was made after a Cavs win ..

Their bad defense right now is not a fluke .. their pick and roll defense is worst with Shaq.. Jamison, Mo, Parker , theyre just bad defensive players getting big minutes.

They've been the best regular season team because Lebron is the best in the world. But in the playoffs 1 man cant get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    how so? this thread was made after a Cavs win ..

Their bad defense right now is not a fluke .. their pick and roll defense is worst with Shaq.. Jamison, Mo, Parker , theyre just bad defensive players getting big minutes.

They've been the best regular season team because Lebron is the best in the world. But in the playoffs 1 man cant get it done.
    You wouldn' of bumped this up if cavs were winning.

Cavs have struggled all game which happens in a series like this, overall cavs team offensive balence has been strong. everybody picked cavs in 5 anyway. Cavs do need to improve defensively but it will come...overall their defense has been soild.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
    You wouldn' of bumped this up if cavs were winning.

Cavs have struggled all game which happens in a series like this, overall cavs team offensive balence has been strong. everybody picked cavs in 5 anyway. Cavs do need to improve defensively but it will come...overall their defense has been soild.
    offensive balance?

Lebron needed 40-8-8 in Game 2 to get this team by the 8th seeded Bulls.

Hell finish with a similar statline tonight, and it might not be enough

Saw a basketball once

Overrated? Hmmm

I would have to say any team that can win 60 or more games in the regular season def deserves a good amount of respect in the postseason as potential champs.

The only thing that bug's me about watching the Cav's is the absolute craziness the media has for LeBron (not really the Cav's or James fault though). I had to actually mute the 1st two games of the Cavs/Bulls series since the LeBron talk just wouldn't stop...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604
    Overrated? Hmmm

I would have to say any team that can win 60 or more games in the regular season def deserves a good amount of respect in the postseason as potential champs.

The only thing that bug's me about watching the Cav's is the absolute craziness the media has for LeBron (not really the Cav's or James fault though). I had to actually mute the 1st two games of the Cavs/Bulls series since the LeBron talk just wouldn't stop...
    they won 66 games last year with Pavlovic, Szerbiak, Wallaze, Z getting big minutes ..
    and then people act surprised when they lose in 5 games to a well-balanced Orlando team?

Its the same story this year, except they got more scorers but a lot worse defense.
    Last edited by B-Easy; 04-22-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Bron had 39,Jamison has 25? and 11 and mo had 21. even in game 2 the offense is not the problem it is the defense.

Lakers went to 7 with the rockets without yao and mcgrady last year

Boston went to 7 with the hawks and a mediocre cavs team 2 years ago.

We lose 1 game to the bulls and we overrated? foh

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanatic
    Bron had 39,Jamison has 25? and 11 and mo had 21. even in game 2 the offense is not the problem it is the defense.

It's the bulls. How hard is to take double Rose and let everyone else chuck?

lilmanu
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Those Rockets and Hawks teams were much much better than this Bulls team which quite frankly plays like a lottery team

Quote Originally Posted by lilmanu
    Those Rockets and Hawks teams were much much better than this Bulls team which quite frankly plays like a lottery team
    That's really true, actually.

The Rockets were actually not bad after Yao fell off (due mostly to Aaron and Ron), and the Hawks have always been a good team.

Chicago had to scratch to make it in, due to a lack of offense, and if it weren't for Bosh going down, they might not have made it in at all.

Also that Cavs team made it to the ECF, so I wouldn't call them mediocre.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

No this Bulls team has alot of Heart..That hard Fought 7 gm series last season against Celtics gave them some confidence to at least not back down this series.. I figured Cavs would have at least 1 gm they played Flat..If they win Sunday that this was just a Blip on the Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    So 20pts and 6rebs is considered sub par for Deng? Did you excpect him to have 25pts and 10 rebs? If anything i think Bulls overachieved yesterday with Noah's performance on offense.
    Actually, yeah.

Then again, this might just be me still judging him off of not living up to BG's standards when he left.