Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose looked like poor man's prime Allen Iverson in game 1.

Rose was what? 46 % from the field.

Lebron was what? 47% from the field.

28, 10 and 7 --- hell of a game by a 21 year old. A 21 year old who was the complete focus of the other team's D. A 21 year old with very little help from his teammates offensively.

Haters will try to compare him to Marbury or some other player who never panned out. Marbury was never as physically gifted as Rose. Marbury was never as big and as powerful as Rose. And, although athletic, he was never as athletic as Rose. And more than that and most importantly, Marbury stopped developing because of his attitude issues. So we will never know how good Marbury could have become because he was his own worst enemy. Rose is the exact opposite. A winner with a will to win and incessant desire to get better. A gym rat.

Rose is.... well.... Rose. A first of a kind.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 04-17-2010 at 06:21 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore xOShakespearexO's Avatar

Stephon Marbury 2.0

nevermind someone beat me to it. At least we know somewhere in the world. Marbury had to have said that looks a lot like me in my prime.

I think we forget that Marbury had amazing stats 24 ppg 8 assists 3 rebounds for almost 5 years straight.
    Last edited by xOShakespearexO; 04-17-2010 at 06:01 PM.

He took 28 shots because he had to. There simply isn't enough offense talent on the bulls for them to beat the cavs without him carrying the offense. Who else can create for themselves on that team? Deng? Hinrich?

Maybe they'd have a shot if John salmons was still on the team because he was actually a threat to score and create.

High School Varsity 6th Man NLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    28 FGAs 7 tunovers for a pg, but had good box score numbers 28 points 7 rebs 10 assists.
    If i didn't watch the game I would be impressed. Dribbling with 3 guys guarding him. A game like that Iverson would have had at least 45 being in ball hog mode like that.

Phoenix18" Lottery< First round sweep." I have to now agree, there is no way Rose wins a series against a 60+ win team with the best player in the league playing that waay.
    "Poor mans Iverson" would be considered a compliment to most, but not to you so for reason.

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

28,7, and 10 on 46% shooting

vs

24, 6, and 5 on 47% shooting

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    28 FGAs 7 tunovers for a pg, but had good box score numbers 28 points 7 rebs 10 assists.
    If i didn't watch the game I would be impressed. Dribbling with 3 guys guarding him. A game like that Iverson would have had at least 45 being in ball hog mode like that.

Phoenix18" Lottery< First round sweep." I have to now agree, there is no way Rose wins a series against a 60+ win team with the best player in the league playing that waay.
    the field goal attempts are like AI.

but rose shot 46%, better than AI. has 7 rebounds, better than AI. has 10 assists, better than AI. yeah, he's kinda like AI.

It's amazing sometimes when you look and see how little of freethrows he shoots.

Haaa you got to be joking right now. The kid is 21 years old and carrying a number 8 seed against the number 1 seed. The kid was litterally carrying his team offensively at times. He was the only one creating his own shot, and was working his ass off on the defensive end as well. He continued being agressive although the refs absolutely treated him like crap today.

He had a great game don't be hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Haaa you got to be joking right now. The kid is 21 years old and carrying a number 8 seed against the number 1 seed. The kid was litterally carrying his team offensively at times. He was the only one creating his own shot, and was working his ass off on the defensive end as well. He continued being agressive although the refs absolutely treated him like crap today.

He had a great game don't be hating.
    Marbury did the same thing. He could carry teams offensively better than Rose could because he had more range.

OP, this is an insult to Allen Iverson. We forget how good Allen Iverson was and it was only 9 years ago.

Rose was phenomenal.

He was a one-man offense. The Cavs gave him space and played him for the drive, yet he drove on them anyway and make a ton of difficult shots.
    For all the driving Rose does, he only averaged about 4 FTA on the season, which is unusual. 7 turnovers is terrible, but he played the best defensive team in the league on the road. Give him a break.

Thus said, the Bulls offense is too predictable and sh*tty. None of that goes on Rose, though. Outside of Noah, he just doesn't have any of the right pieces around him.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Rose was phenomenal.

He was a one-man offense. The Cavs gave him space and played him for the drive, yet he drove on them anyway and make a ton of difficult shots.
    For all the driving Rose does, he only averaged about 4 FTA on the season, which is unusual. 7 turnovers is terrible, but he played the best defensive team in the league on the road. Give him a break.

Thus said, the Bulls offense is too predictable and sh*tty. None of that goes on Rose, though. Outside of Noah, he just doesn't have any of the right pieces around him.
    Yeah I would say Derrick Rose is better than Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by xOShakespearexO
    Marbury did the same thing. He could carry teams offensively better than Rose could because he had more range.

OP, this is an insult to Allen Iverson. We forget how good Allen Iverson was and it was only 9 years ago.
    Did Starbury put ridicolous playoff numbers as a rookie and taking the reigning champions to 7 games? Did he score I think it was 36 in his first playoff game?

Did Starbury get a near triple double while playing the arguably best team in the league in the playoffs?

Rose is only 21 years old, and the guy litterally carried his team today. He was their entire offence. Sure he might of over dribbled, but he was still spectacular today.

Sure you can't compare him to Iverson who was great, but you can't diss Rose about his 7 turn overs because he had 10 assists and carried his team offensively. Also he shot 46% FG which is great for a scoring point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo
    Rose was phenomenal.

Props to fans of other teams respecting what Rose does. While Rose is already good, he needs to improve on a lot. Some people seem to hold Rose to the standards of a seasoned all-star veteran, and in reality the guy is just trying to find himself still. I don't understand how basketball fans could watch Rose and dislike him. If you don't like the Bulls or prefer someone else from the '08 draft or another point guard in general, how could you not admire his competitive nature? You need a team to win ball games. Rose does his best to win and get the team going. When the Bulls get another significant play maker, the Bulls will be a legit threat in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by xOShakespearexO
    Stephon Marbury 2.0

nevermind someone beat me to it. At least we know somewhere in the world. Marbury had to have said that looks a lot like me in my prime.

I think we forget that Marbury had amazing stats 24 ppg 8 assists 3 rebounds for almost 5 years straight.
    Marbury was a better playmaker (yeah I know I was the one that compared them earlier) and Rose a better rebounder. But yeah, other similar players. And like Rose he completely dominates the ball. Rose will never be as good as DWill (just giving an example) because Dwill dominates games and makes his teamates better. Rose just dominates the ball and if his shots are falling can dominate a game. But he does crap for his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Did Starbury put ridicolous playoff numbers as a rookie and taking the reigning champions to 7 games? Did he score I think it was 36 in his first playoff game?

Did Starbury get a near triple double while playing the arguably best team in the league in the playoffs?

Rose is only 21 years old, and the guy litterally carried his team today. He was their entire offence. Sure he might of over dribbled, but he was still spectacular today.

Sure you can't compare him to Iverson who was great, but you can't diss Rose about his 7 turn overs because he had 10 assists and carried his team offensively. Also he shot 46% FG which is great for a scoring point guard.

Marbury at 21 averaged 21.3 ppg 8.9 apg
    We forget how talented Marbury was when he was actually good.