Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Derrick Rose looked like poor man's prime Allen Iverson in game 1.

28 FGAs 7 tunovers for a pg, but had good box score numbers 28 points 7 rebs 10 assists.
    If i didn't watch the game I would be impressed. Dribbling with 3 guys guarding him. A game like that Iverson would have had at least 45 being in ball hog mode like that.

Phoenix18" Lottery< First round sweep." I have to now agree, there is no way Rose wins a series against a 60+ win team with the best player in the league playing that waay.

Default Re: Derrick Rose looked like poor man's prime Allen Iverson in game 1.

Starbury 2.0

Nothing more.

CeoTypeDoe619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    28 FGAs 7 tunovers for a pg, but had good box score numbers 28 points 7 rebs 10 assists.
    If i didn't watch the game I would be impressed. Dribbling with 3 guys guarding him. A game like that Iverson would have had at least 45 being in ball hog mode like that.

Phoenix18" Lottery< First round sweep." I have to now agree, there is no way Rose wins a series against a 60+ win team with the best player in the league playing that waay.
    Still had a better game then Lebron if you watched it

National High School Star

Geez, that's a lot of unneccesary qualifiers there. Poor man's? Prime? Can't you just say he looked like Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    Sure did. In You'reAFaireyLand.

He should have had at least 6 more free throw attempts. All that running around and only 2 free throw attempts...Bron can thank the refs.

Local High School Star

AI gets calls.

If Rose got half the calls he should of you could add another 5 to 10 FT attempts in there.

Whatever. Hopefully DRose isn't exhausted for the rest of the series. Even if he isn't getting the calls this is good experience for him. The dudes gonna be a star.

Learning to shoot layups

Rose had a good game IMO.

He is carrying a fairly average team on his back.

Rose is the focus against the best team in the NBA. He'll be a much improved player after this series, even if it's a sweep. Bad shooting night, yes. Statistically, he played a really good game.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Just yeaterday he's the best point in the EC, and now he's getting trashed. In Rose's defense (amd he deserves to be defended) he's 21 years old and trying to lead a team to a level of upset that has only happened once in NBA history. They're not going to win, they don't have nearly enough talent, but Rose did what great players do when faced with overwhelming odds, he tried to take the game over. And if you play one-on-five vs. a great D you're going to have an inefficient statline. But really, you guys with all the criticism, tell us: What should he do? What is the great adjustment he makes to lead the Bulls past Cleveland? HE has to play like that because he is his team's best hope. He's the All-Star, it's his job.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

At halftime the greatest Point Guard of All-time, Magic Johnson, said the Bulls have a "SUPERSTAR" on their team in Derrick Rose.

Feast your eyes on that quote haters

When was the last time Allen Iverson had 7 rounds?

And what, his 10 assists were not enough for you?

Somehow I think DRose will be just fine. Lol. And at just 21 years old, like Magic said, the dude is a SUPERSTAR. And guess what haters, the best is yet to come

Last edited by TheTruth11; 04-17-2010 at 05:53 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

You have to be a serious hater to start a thread like this after the kid tried to carry his team to some sort of competitive game against the Cavs.

He's 21 years old, leave the kid alone.

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED

Funny post.

"28 FGAs 7 tunovers for a pg, but had good box score numbers 28 points 7 rebs 10 assists.
    If i didn't watch the game I would be impressed."

What? Missed Fields goals and turnovers aren't in the box score?

It's not about what's in the box score, it's about what people look at and put emphasis on.
    And if you want to doubt that, then just look at your own statement where you mention the bad stuff he did that's in the box score, yet you say you would have been impressed if you only saw his numbers.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by CeoTypeDoe619
    how can a man be this delusional?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime
    Geez, that's a lot of unneccesary qualifiers there. Poor man's? Prime? Can't you just say he looked like Iverson?
    Or maybe even just specify he looked like Iverson when Iverson wasn't quite at his prime, or poor man's Iverson.

Hey to bring this guy into the conversation but it just seems like the easiest comparison: But people often try to compare Kobe to Jordan, but most acknowledge that Kobe isn't quite on Jordan's level. You could say Kobe is a poor man's Jordan, or Kobe is like Jordan in [insert non-prime year], but it defeats the purpose of saying "prime" if you also add "poor man's".