Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 6 game winners in a season? Has to be a record

Well Ive never seen someone get as many opportunities to hit these many gamewinners,well at least not someone on a good team.But credit to him for hitting them

By ball hogging he gets his team into the situation vs worse teams where he needs to hit a game winner all the time... And how many he missed ?

amazing

from that same link:

...and then we get to Kobe Bryant. Kobe fans don't like to hear it, but while their man is #4 in the league in total game winners hit, he holds the top spot in a less glamorous category: most game winning opportunity missed shots!

42 - Kobe
    35 - Vince Carter
    33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
    32 - Crawford
    31 - Billups

Now we're not Kobe haters by any means and I will readily give him his due as one of the best NBA players (note however, I didn't say the best) but he certainly has an overblown reputation when it comes to the clutch shot: people remember the ones he hits, but not the ones he misses, and heck you think a 56 FGA to 1 assist ratio might be part of the problem? He does have a better record in the playoffs though, which we'll get to down below.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    amazing

from that same link:

...and then we get to Kobe Bryant. Kobe fans don't like to hear it, but while their man is #4 in the league in total game winners hit, he holds the top spot in a less glamorous category: most game winning opportunity missed shots!

42 - Kobe
    35 - Vince Carter
    33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
    32 - Crawford
    31 - Billups

Now we're not Kobe haters by any means and I will readily give him his due as one of the best NBA players (note however, I didn't say the best) but he certainly has an overblown reputation when it comes to the clutch shot: people remember the ones he hits, but not the ones he misses, and heck you think a 56 FGA to 1 assist ratio might be part of the problem? He does have a better record in the playoffs though, which we'll get to down below.

amazing

from that same link:

42 - Kobe
    35 - Vince Carter
    33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
    32 - Crawford
    31 - Billups

ok? that just means he actually has the guts to take them when nitn really matters. None of that means anything rofl

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

amazing

from that same link:

42 - Kobe
    35 - Vince Carter
    33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
    32 - Crawford
    31 - Billups

lol show some actual video facts, cuz them numbers look real fishy, He already has more gamwinners then Jordan. SO idk how you got he's number 4

I usually hit open layups

So, Kobe's total % is around 35 now ?

amazing

from that same link:

42 - Kobe
    35 - Vince Carter
    33 - Joe Johnson, LeBron
    32 - Crawford
    31 - Billups

Kobe has 30 game winners now...

30/72 is a decent percentage on game winning shots. That's 42%...

Lebron has 12 game winners. 12/55. That's 22%...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Kobe easily has the most game winners in NBA history, more than Jordan, but at the same time he has the most game winning oppurtunities missed. It is kinda like Brett Farve's NFL record, most touchdwons thrown, but at the same time most interceptions thrown.

One thing is Kobe loves taking the last shot.

Arenas had a lot in the 06-07 season

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    As great has Kobe has been, let's be real here. The Lakers should have lost this one with the way they played. All the Kobe game winners in the world won't win you a championship.
    15 will.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

That was 42 misses in a 5-6 year span... Not his whole career... I think that was from 2003-2009.

He has alot more misses.. His percentages are not that good but he is having his Melo year this year...

From 82games

Data sample
    Regular Seasons: '03-04, '04-05, '05-06, '06-07, '07-08, '08-09 (thru 2/4)
    Playoffs: '03-04, '04-05, '05-06, '06-07, '07-08

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Kobe easily has the most game winners in NBA history, more than Jordan, but at the same time he has the most game winning oppurtunities missed. It is kinda like Brett Farve's NFL record, most touchdwons thrown, but at the same time most interceptions thrown.

One thing is Kobe loves taking the last shot.

How many times has the team he is playing against missed free throws to give him a chance to win a game? I would love to know that stat... Kobe has been taking game winning shots since his rookie season.. He kept missing early on but now he looks comfortable taking them..

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    How many times has the team he is playing against missed free throws to give him a chance to win a game? I would love to know that stat... Kobe has been taking game winning shots since his rookie season.. He kept missing early on but now he looks comfortable taking them..
    Not being comfortable. It's a combination of better run plays and him actually getting open looks for the first time in his career.