Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: 6 game winners in a season? Has to be a record

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I remember Melo dropping game-winners like they were layups in like 06-07. I swear he had at least 8-9 on the season.
    i was going to say this, he was knocking those things down like crazy that season.. seemed like every week we had another melo game winner on TV

3-time NBA All-Star

Melo's has to be the best so far... Read this ...

For the 2005-2006 season, he made five game-winning shots in the last five seconds: at Houston on January 8, 2006; at home versus the Phoenix Suns on January 10, 2006; at Minnesota on February 24, 2006; at Indiana on March 15, 2006; at home versus the Los Angeles Lakers on April 6, 2006 - all were jumpers while shot against Minnesota was a three point field goal - also made a shot in the final seconds to force overtime vs. the Dallas Mavericks on January 6, 2006 and made shots in the final 22 seconds against the Cleveland Cavaliers on January 18, 2006 and the Philadelphia 76ers on March 9, 2006 which gave the Nuggets leads they would never lose.

That is 7 game winners....
    Within 22 seconds .. And most within 5 seconds...

http://hoopedia.nba.com/index.php?title=Carmelo_Anthony
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 03-10-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Hell Kobe, keep rolling

Hopefully this is a sign that he's found his rhythm/stroke.

Glad to see the Lake Show back to their winning ways.

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

For the 2005-2006 season, he made five game-winning shots in the last five seconds: at Houston on January 8, 2006; at home versus the Phoenix Suns on January 10, 2006; at Minnesota on February 24, 2006; at Indiana on March 15, 2006; at home versus the Los Angeles Lakers on April 6, 2006 - all were jumpers while shot against Minnesota was a three point field goal - also made a shot in the final seconds to force overtime vs. the Dallas Mavericks on January 6, 2006 and made shots in the final 22 seconds against the Cleveland Cavaliers on January 18, 2006 and the Philadelphia 76ers on March 9, 2006 which gave the Nuggets leads they would never lose.

lol who makes up the timing rules. 7 in 22. 5 in 5 lol. I thought it was anything under 24

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN

The one against Cleveland, Eduardo Najera made a ft after Melo nailed that shot, and then Lebron hit a couple more fts, so technically Najera had the game winner, since it was the last shot.

So, being a little technical, Melo had a total of 6 that season.

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playby...18007&period=4

Quote Originally Posted by Juges8932
    Hell Kobe, keep rolling

Hopefully this is a sign that he's found his rhythm/stroke.

Glad to see the Lake Show back to their winning ways.
    They lose 3 straight and won an extremely close one at home to the Raptors. That's the kind of winning you are used to?

Kobe said it best after the game..."you don't win championships playing like this".

Great shot but that's what happens when you don't double Kobe as soon as he touches the ball.....not as soon as he takes 2 dribbles to his favorite spot.

I rule the local playground

and he was 32, 6 and 6 on only 20 FGA. 10-11 FTs

I was going to come in and hate on his terrible FG% this game and how he shouldnt have needed a game winner cuz of PleezeBelieve + My hate for Kobe as a person but he killed it

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    They lose 3 straight and won an extremely close one at home to the Raptors. That's the kind of winning you are used to?

Kobe said it best after the game..."you don't win championships playing like this".

Great shot but that's what happens when you don't double Kobe as soon as he touches the ball.....not as soon as he takes 2 dribbles to his favorite spot.
    I know. I was definitely disappointed that they almost lost to the Raptors, especially at home lol. It's just after that disappointing stretch of games it was nice to see Kobe start getting his game back and I love a game-winner even if it shouldn't have been needed in the first place. I definitely get your point and agree though, but have to look on the bright side of things.

Serious playground baller Extempo's Avatar

These are the things that make Kobe the best player in the league. You know it's crazy when you start expecting him to make every clutch shot.

Kobe hit that shot and walked away like it was no big deal. He is making sure he gets the message through to his teammates. They'll respond for sure. The Lakers have no reason to be concerned. Bynum showed great signs today, Vujacic is back, Kobe is Kobe. Gasoft and Artest just need to get their sh!t together and the Lakers will be ready to roll come playoff time. No one is beating this team 4 times in a 7 game series.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extempo
    These are the things that make Kobe the best player in the league. You know it's crazy when you start expecting him to make every clutch shot.

Kobe hit that shot and walked away like it was no big deal. He is making sure he gets the message through to his teammates. They'll respond for sure. The Lakers have no reason to be concerned. Bynum showed great signs today, Vujacic is back, Kobe is Kobe. Gasoft and Artest just need to get their sh!t together and the Lakers will be ready to roll come playoff time. No one is beating this team 4 times in a 7 game series.
    Almost everything there is very, very debateable.

I may have saw the ESPN graphic wrong, because I only caught a glimpse of it, but I could have sworn Kobe had the most game winners in the last 10 seasons. Or was it with 10 seconds or less remaining on the clock? Either way, I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Kobe has the record for most game winners in a single season, ever."

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I may have saw the ESPN graphic wrong, because I only caught a glimpse of it, but I could have sworn Kobe had the most game winners in the last 10 seasons. Or was it with 10 seconds or less remaining on the clock? Either way, I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Kobe has the record for most game winners in a single season, ever."
    Last 10 years he had the most game winners under 10 seconds in 1 season
    He had 6
    Carmelo 5
    Jamal Crawford 4

Quote Originally Posted by pete'smontreux
    I remember Melo dropping game-winners like they were layups in like 06-07. I swear he had at least 8-9 on the season.
    Rofl that was 5.. kobe has 6 and there's still a month to go in the season.

And how big of a loser are you... wtf do you live at inside hoops?

Quote Originally Posted by Freshprince619
    Last 10 years he had the most game winners under 10 seconds in 1 season
    He had 6
    Carmelo 5
    Jamal Crawford 4
    Ok, this, then. More people read this. Don't start going off saying Kobe has the most game winners EVER. ESPN said he had the most game winners, in the last 10 seasons, with 10 seconds or less remaining in the game. That's still a hell of a season, though.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Ok, this, then. More people read this. Don't start going off saying Kobe has the most game winners EVER. ESPN said he had the most game winners, in the last 10 seasons, with 10 seconds or less remaining in the game. That's still a hell of a season, though.
    Ok name me another person that did then. I'm not saying it's a record for sure but so far no one has given me someone that can prove otherwise.

lol it's not like anyone will take a boston fan seriously about something that has to do with kobe