Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: 6 game winners in a season? Has to be a record

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    He has 7.

Anything over 30 seconds don't count.. If it does I can come up with at least 10 more game winners for Mj in his career.. Probably double that amount.. But six within 30 seconds has to be a record.. I don't even remember Mj getting 6 chances for a game winners in a season.. Kobe has gotten 10 oppurtunities and has shot great... Whether you like the Lakers or not gotta give him credit for shot making abilities...

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

yes espn showed his last game winner that tied him with melo for 5.
    So he has the record now

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    I think it was the 05-06 season.
    I remember that season.. I think it was 2005-2006 as well.. He hit a large amount as well.. Don't remember how many though...

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    No, those aren't game winners considering the shot you make may not even lead to the game being won for your team.

Definition: 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.

1. With 24 seconds or less, then it truly is a "last possession" situation potentially
    2. With a margin from tied to down 2, the team can take the lead with a made basket (including 3's)
    3. By excluding a down 3 situation, we don't have the "gimme two point buckets" that defenses will sometimes yield to the quick bucket/intentional foul strategy option you often see exercised.

Obviously though this definition means a shot may not actually be a game winner -- it may only tie a game (if down two points) or it may allow enough time for the opponents to get a game winning shot of their own. Still it seems a reasonable compromise.

Source: Same link

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freshprince619
    yes espn showed his last game winner that tied him with melo for 5.
    So he has the record now
    There we go, that should answer the OP's question. Lock this sh*t up before the trolls take over...though I see NBASTATMAN in here so I guess they've already found their way to this thread.

Freshprince619

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    No, those aren't game winners considering the shot you make may not even lead to the game being won for your team.

24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.

1. With 24 seconds or less, then it truly is a "last possession" situation potentially
    2. With a margin from tied to down 2, the team can take the lead with a made basket (including 3's)
    3. By excluding a down 3 situation, we don't have the "gimme two point buckets" that defenses will sometimes yield to the quick bucket/intentional foul strategy option you often see exercised.

Obviously though this definition means a shot may not actually be a game winner -- it may only tie a game (if down two points) or it may allow enough time for the opponents to get a game winning shot of their own. Still it seems a reasonable compromise.

Source: Same link

yeah agree cuz melo only hade 5 game winners according to ESPN

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Anything over 30 seconds don't count.. If it does I can come up with at least 10 more game winners for Mj in his career.. Probably double that amount.. But six within 30 seconds has to be a record.. I don't even remember Mj getting 6 chances for a game winners in a season.. Kobe has gotten 10 oppurtunities and has shot great... Whether you like the Lakers or not gotta give him credit for shot making abilities...
    As long as it is the final shot taken and made that leads to your team winning, it counts be it FTs, technical foul shots, whatever. If you really are confident about those Jordan winners, feel free to enlighten us by posting them in the game winners thread created a few weeks ago, but as it stands, Kobe has 7 on the season.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    There we go, that should answer the OP's question. Lock this sh*t up before the trolls take over...though I see NBASTATMAN in here so I guess they've already found their way to this thread.
    You know I am the man on this board...

NBA lottery pick

Heroic?. heros are fire fighters,doctors, charity workers, homcare workers.... people who make an actuall difference.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

so does Melo have the record? I actually didn't know that if it's true.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by itsGameTime
    As long as it is the final shot taken and made that leads to your team winning, it counts be it FTs, technical foul shots, whatever. If you really are confident about those Jordan winners, feel free to enlighten us by posting them in the game winners thread created a few weeks ago, but as it stands, Kobe has 7 on the season.

One for Mj vs the Nets at 40 years of age... Check it ... Game winner vs Utah game 5 1997 FINALS... Are two that jump out at me... Kobe has been great this year.. Scary good...

okay start to triple kobe.

Freshprince619

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    so does Melo have the record? I actually didn't know that if it's true.
    Nah ESPN showed he only has 5 game winners on the season

As great has Kobe has been, let's be real here. The Lakers should have lost this one with the way they played. All the Kobe game winners in the world won't win you a championship.