Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Report: Marcus Camby to Blazers, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw to Clippers done deal

Thinking more about this deal, yes, I do think the Clippers could have received way more in return, but this wasn't a bad trade at all. Outlaw was a player that Dunleavy was going to go after in the offseason most likely, and now, we have a look at him to see how he does on the Clippers with Gordon, Kaman & Boom. It also gives Rhino & Jordan more time to develop to see how they do. Plus, the $3 mil received could be used to buy a 1st in the 20s or a couple of 2nd rounders.

Plus I expect another trade on the horizon with Telfair &/or Thornton and I seriously wouldn't doubt if Dunleavy tries to sign Camby again in the offseason

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Marcus Camby to Blazers, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw to Clippers done deal

Ricky Davis has been released.

That's the whole idea behind this deal!

Book 'em Dan'l

looking at this trade ...

good for the blazers this year.
    great for the clippers in the future.

their starting 5 next year:

Davis
    Gordon
    Outlaw
    Griffin (if he's healthy)
    Kaman

and the bench:
    Blake
    Thornton
    DeAndre Jordan
    Skinner
    Mardy Collins

My pick as most improved team by the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Thinking more about this deal, yes, I do think the Clippers could have received way more in return, but this wasn't a bad trade at all. Outlaw was a player that Dunleavy was going to go after in the offseason most likely, and now, we have a look at him to see how he does on the Clippers with Gordon, Kaman & Boom. It also gives Rhino & Jordan more time to develop to see how they do. Plus, the $3 mil received could be used to buy a 1st in the 20s or a couple of 2nd rounders.

Plus I expect another trade on the horizon with Telfair &/or Thornton and I seriously wouldn't doubt if Dunleavy tries to sign Camby again in the offseason
    I honestly like the fact that the CLipps got Blake over Outlaw. Blake is going to bring some real stability to the point guard position. No knock to Baron, but he is not a true point guard. Blake can run a team better imo. He has done very well in the last 2 teams he has been with in the Nuggets and Blazers. I think he and Baron will have nearly the same minutes, with Baron a tad bit more. He has always found a way to get PT. Very intelligent player

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldstotch

Davis
    Gordon
    Outlaw
    Kaman

and the bench:
    Blake
    Thornton
    DeAndre Jordan
    Skinner
    Mardy Collins

Well Outlaw and Blake are expiring contracts so there is no guarantee at all that they will be around next year

Made that high school varsity squad sacredcow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leopoldstotch

Davis
    Gordon
    Outlaw
    Kaman

and the bench:
    Blake
    Thornton
    DeAndre Jordan
    Skinner
    Mardy Collins

Blake and Outlaw are expiring contracts. They won't be there next year. I expect Outlaw to be back in a Blazers uniform next season.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Ric Bucher: Camby to Portland is DONE DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    watch aldridge's game pick up a lot more than it has already. camby is gonna teach this fool how to rebound and defend better.
    He will teach the soft way to be a good defender.

Default Re: Ric Bucher: Camby to Portland is DONE DEAL

Quote Originally Posted by el_locoteee
    He will teach the soft way to be a good defender.
    At least help him become a better weakside defender

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Glad I have tickets to the game on Friday vs the Celtics.

Actually, being a long time clippers fan: If Camby really wanted to resign and we did him dirty this way...I'm saying **** the Clippers. **** them. He wanted to come back help us build. He was a pro all the time he was here, never complained and played hard, and this is how we thank him?

I;ve been saying all the time: if he would like to go to a contender, let's facilitate him, let's involve him in his future. He's a great vet who has been great for us. I want to know the details and if the Clippers front office ****ed him over, I'm not supporting the Clippers anymore. That's right I'm giving up on my team untill Dunleavy is moved or Sterling dies.

btw rumour has it the grizzlies offered conley for blake and also were interested in outlaw. who knows what we can get from them.

3 team trade?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    3 team trade?
    how? since the trade between por and la is official

Quote Originally Posted by dough
    how? since the trade between por and la is official
    Was probably referring to your previous post about Blake and Outlaw being wanted.

Would basically be a three team trade if we flipped them over to another squad

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sacredcow
    Blake and Outlaw are expiring contracts. They won't be there next year. I expect Outlaw to be back in a Blazers uniform next season.
    Great trade for the Clippers. Good trade for Portland, I think they lose some depth at PG, but maybe it will really help Miller. I think if they made the trade, the Clippers will have every intention on resigning Outlaw. Not really any contract shedding as all players are all expiring, but Portland gets a great bookend for Aldridge.