Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: David Lee got Robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    So if D'Antoni came to the Bulls, Noah or Tyrus Thomas would be 20/10 guys? No way. How many times have you watched David Lee over the past two years? It can't be many. Be honest.

Noah is already playing center. Noah isn't going to score well anywhere because he can't shoot. Bad analogy.

Lee was playing the 4 before D'Antoni got there and was moved to center. He has an easy time beating big, slow centers off the dribble. I wish Horford would do more of this but he seems more comfortable playing with his back to the basket.

Lee is in the east and the Hawks are gong to play them at least 3 times a year so i have seen him many times. Plus i catch some other games on LP. He is a good rebounder but there is no way I would trade Horford for him. People talk about Lee's improved jumper but he still doesn't shoot as high a percentage on his jumpers as Horford.

Lee and Kaman didn't get robbed just look at the teams they're on. My Raptors are much better. ha

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    Lee and Kaman didn't get robbed just look at the teams they're on. My Raptors are much better. ha
    Let's not get cocky...

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    06/07 29.8 min/ 10.7 ppg, 10.4 rebounds
    07/08 29.1 min/ 10.8 ppg, 8.9 rebounds

Please point out the big improvement.
    Yeah cause Al Horford has improved tremendously from his rookie season going from 10.1ppg to 13ppg...

Noah is already playing center. Noah isn't going to score well anywhere because he can't shoot. Bad analogy.

Lee was playing the 4 before D'Antoni got there and was moved to center. He has an easy time beating big, slow centers off the dribble. I wish Horford would do more of this but he seems more comfortable playing with his back to the basket.

Lee is in the east and the Hawks are gong to play them at least 3 times a year so i have seen him many times. Plus i catch some other games on LP. He is a good rebounder but there is no way I would trade Horford for him. People talk about Lee's improved jumper but he still doesn't shoot as high a percentage on his jumpers as Horford.
    Wow, just stop.

Lee has played a ton of C for NY since he got there.
    Look at the other Centers they had and how little they played.... Curry, Jerome James, R.Morris, Darko.

Also, you all but admitted you haven't seen much of Lee (other than maybe this season against ATL) because you had to ask me and I had to explain to you how his offensive game has grown leaps and bounds in recent years.

Lee has a sick game hes career will definitely be fun to follow. Hes a free agent at the end of the season, so we'll see where he ends up. Would be nice to see a double double guy like him play for a winner thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Wow, just stop.

Lee has played a ton of C for NY since he got there.
    Look at the other Centers they had and how little they played.... Curry, Jerome James, R.Morris, Darko.
    Looks like you don't even know your own team. In 06/07 Curry played 81 games and 35 minutes per game. The next year he played 59 games and played 26 minutes a game. I doubt he spent much time at the 4.

Lee's offense improved once D'Antoni got there. I already knew that. I was asking you to explain his improvement before D'Antoni got there and I am still waiting for the answer.

I really am not trying to get into a Horford Vs. Lee battle here. I just hate it when people say the only way Lee is putting up 19(damn near 20) points and 11 rebounds is only because of D'Antoni. That's complete crap because not everyone is capable of that kind of producion. Since you don't like the Noah analogy, how about Tyrus? He has a jumpshot. You think Tyrus Thomas would average 20/10 on over 50% from the field under D'Antoni if moved to center? Definitely not.

Lee's jump shot and overall feel for the game has been improving, which is why there has been a spike in his numbers. He'd put up the same kind(or very similar) numbers on any team that's lacking a scoring big man right now. Just my opinion.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Looks like you don't even know your own team. In 06/07 Curry played 81 games and 35 minutes per game. The next year he played 59 games and played 26 minutes a game. I doubt he spent much time at the 4.

Lee's offense improved once D'Antoni got there. I already knew that. I was asking you to explain his improvement before D'Antoni got there and I am still waiting for the answer.

Because the roster was a ****ing mess. We had players like Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry starting as bigs and both were black holes who demanded the ball every possesion. We also had guards like Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Q-Rich who were ball hogs as well. A young player like David Lee didn't get any touches and had to get offensive rebounds for his points. I wanna see Al Horford as a rookie playing with the Knick teams of the Isiah era....

Of course I knew that 1 YEAR while David Lee was there, Eddie Curry played major minutes and alot of games... you pointed out how few minutes and how few games Curry played outside of that year further proving my point. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I really am not trying to get into a Horford Vs. Lee battle here. I just hate it when people say the only way Lee is putting up 19(damn near 20) points and 11 rebounds is only because of D'Antoni. That's complete crap because not everyone is capable of that kind of producion. Since you don't like the Noah analogy, how about Tyrus? He has a jumpshot. You think Tyrus Thomas would average 20/10 on over 50% from the field under D'Antoni if moved to center? Definitely not.

Lee's jump shot and overall feel for the game has been improving, which is why there has been a spike in his numbers. He'd put up the same kind(or very similar) numbers on any team that's lacking a scoring big man right now. Just my opinion.

Lee is shooting a whopping 3% better on jumpers this year than he did during the 07/08 season. Is this the big improvement everyone is talking about?

http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK11A.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0910/09NYK12.HTM

Horford is shooting 6% better on jumpers this year than he did last year.

Players are only allowed to improve during their first couple of years?

I was not aware.

I thought a 26 year old was still short of his prime, and with extra minutes and experience would be able to improve his offensive numbers. My bad.

Of course I knew that 1 YEAR while David Lee was there, Eddie Curry played major minutes and alot of games... you pointed out how few minutes and how few games Curry played outside of that year further proving my point. Thanks.
    And yet Lee's production didn't go up at all the next year when Curry's minutes went way down. Care to explain?

Players are only allowed to improve during their first couple of years?

I was not aware.

I thought a 26 year old was still short of his prime, and with extra minutes and experience would be able to improve his offensive numbers. My bad.

Like i said you didn't answer the question. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Lee is shooting a whopping 3% better on jumpers this year than he did during the 07/08 season. Is this the big improvement everyone is talking about?

http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK11A.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0910/09NYK12.HTM

Horford is shooting 6% better on jumpers this year than he did last year.
    Yes.

His range has improved and he's willing and able to shoot when he has coverage on him, as opposed to shooting from closer in and only when he is wide open.

Generally shooting from further away while being defended results in a lower FG%, and yet his is up.

Further showing you know little about David Lee's game and development. Keep it coming.