Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: David Lee got Robbed

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    David Lee stats are like that because of Mike D'Antoni. You think Shawn Marion's and Amare Stoudemire's stats when WAY DOWN without Mike at coach is a coincidence
    If you watch David Lee play, you'd see he could produce the same way no matter who the coach is. Is D'Antoni putting the ball in the hoop? Is D'Antoni shooting his jumpers? Is D'Antoni out there executing for David Lee? Is D'Antoni rebounding? Don't give me that garbage argument. His numbers wouldn't go way down under any coach that gives him starters minutes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amare's numbers haven't gone down drastically. Marion is a different story though.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 01-29-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoRn
    does that apply to steve nash too? his stats are inflated since he plays in a run and gun system and he can't defend anyone.

Steve Nash was an average defender in his prime. his defense was only bad in relation to his offense. In his prime Nash's opponents PER was 15.2, right in line with the league average which is pretty good considering they played at such a fast pace.

http://www.82games.com/0506/05PHO1C.HTM

Lee's opponent PER is 21.5.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09NYK12.HTM#bypos

Not to mention that Nash is the best shooting pg in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    If you watch David Lee play, you'd see he could produce the same way no matter who the coach is. Is D'Antoni putting the ball in the hoop? Is D'Antoni shooting his jumpers? Is D'Antoni out there executing for David Lee? Is D'Antoni rebounding? Don't give me that garbage argument. His numbers wouldn't go way down under any coach that gives him starters minutes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Amare's numbers haven't gone down drastically. Marion is a different story though.

In the two years before D'Antoni got there Lee averaged 10.7 and 10.8 ppg playing 29 minutes.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    In the two years before D'Antoni got there Lee averaged 10.7 and 10.8 ppg playing 29 minutes.
    You understand by saying this it only gives more support to David Lee as an all star. The dude has improved tremendously every season. But since you don't watch any knicks games you probably think "D'Antoni is the new coach, therefore every knicks player has inflated stats" which is complete B.S. haha.

If D'Antoni's coaching staff helped him get better - developing a jump shot and whatnot - they deserve major props. But his improvement isn't a direct result of playing in some new system as you're thinking. You only have to watch a few games to realize this That's why I'm not commenting on Horford. Since I don't watch the hawks often, I know I'll look like an idiot if I try to make an argument against him.

Hawks - 102.6 PPG
    Knicks - 101.1 PPG (0.5 ppg higher than the median team)

So even though NY scores less PPG than Atlanta, David Lee's stats are inflated because of it?

Interesting....

David Lee is much more valuable to NY than Horford is to Atlanta.
    Meanwhile the ASG is all about transition play (thus rebounding and finishing abilitiy are needed... Lee's speciality), and no defense is played (Horford's specialty)

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Wow, you mean a young player has become better offensivley over time and with more minutes?!

How dare he develop a jumpshot and extend the range on it!
    How dare he actually develop more moves off the dribble!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    Hawks - 102.6 PPG
    Knicks - 101.1 PPG (0.5 ppg higher than the median team)

So even though NY scores less PPG than Atlanta, David Lee's stats are inflated because of it?

Interesting....

David Lee is much more valuable to NY than Horford is to Atlanta.

Meanwhile the ASG is all about transition play (thus rebounding and finishing abilitiy are needed... Lee's speciality), and no defense is played (Horford's specialty)
    Which means what on a team that's 18-27?

David Lee stats are like that because of Mike D'Antoni. You think Shawn Marion's and Amare Stoudemire's stats when WAY DOWN without Mike at coach is a coincidence?

Al Horford >> Lee
    I know, it's clear that because of D'Antoni's offense..

Chandler
    Gallinari
    Harrington
    NateRob
    David Lee

are all producing huge stats, and because of it NY scores 101ppg, which makes them the 10th highest scroing team and 0.5ppg above average!

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    My guesses...
    Atlanta w/o Horford are down couple wins.
    NY w/o Lee on par with the Nets, maybe Wolves as in single digit wins.

Put it in perspective and it's a huge difference.
    You honeslty can't comprehend that?

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    Shouldn't your hate/trolling be confined to Vince Carter?

Time to get out the VC voodoo doll you've been playing with for the past 7 years! It looks like all your hard work may be paying off!

NBA lottery pick

David Lee stats are like that because of Mike D'Antoni. You think Shawn Marion's and Amare Stoudemire's stats when WAY DOWN without Mike at coach is a coincidence?

Al Horford >> Lee
    Wow. David lee is not all about just about D'Antonio.Infact there were rummors that Coach D thought he wouldnt even fit his gameplan when he first got the job. they were openley trying to trade him. you're posts are just terrible.

Not airballing my layups anymore Dunaprenti's Avatar

If you're playing under D'antoni and you're producing great stats, its because of his system. This is like a mantra! No questions asked!

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan
    You understand by saying this it only gives more support to David Lee as an all star. The dude has improved tremendously every season. But since you don't watch any knicks games you probably think "D'Antoni is the new coach, therefore every knicks player has inflated stats" which is complete B.S. haha.

No he hasn't. His scoring didn't improve at all from his second to third year.

Wow, you mean a young player has become better offensivley over time and with more minutes?!

How dare he develop a jumpshot and extend the range on it!
    How dare he actually develop more moves off the dribble!
    I guess he just suddenly decided to start improving his game after D'Antoni got there. Sure

Shouldn't your hate/trolling be confined to Vince Carter?

Time to get out the VC voodoo doll you've been playing with for the past 7 years! It looks like all your hard work may be paying off!
    Listen... I don't hate Lee... I don't get how 'disagreeing' automatically turns into 'hate'. I just think that being on a bad team inflates some guys' stats, and I don't think he's an all star. He's only better than Horford on that team, who really shouldn't be there either IMO. Was Mike James an all-star in 2005-06 when he averaged 20.3 & 6 on a team that finished 27-55? Hell no, but his stats might say otherwise.