Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: David Lee got Robbed

sorry all anyone has to do is watch 5 straight hawks games and 5 straight knicks games to see which is better. horford is invisible often, while lee is involved in almost every other player in some way. i don't even care about the stats argument, horford is extremely overrated. and yes i've watched a decent amount of hawks games since i have jj on my fantasy squad. i've also watched a lot of knicks games and there simply is no comparison.

and to the people pointing to lee's defense, its not bad, and there are a lot of star big men around the league with the same level of defense than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    sorry all anyone has to do is watch 5 straight hawks games and 5 straight knicks games to see which is better. horford is invisible often, while lee is involved in almost every other player in some way. i don't even care about the stats argument, horford is extremely overrated. and yes i've watched a decent amount of hawks games since i have jj on my fantasy squad. i've also watched a lot of knicks games and there simply is no comparison.

and to the people pointing to lee's defense, its not bad, and there are a lot of star big men around the league with the same level of defense than not.

Horford sure wasn't invisible when he had Lee guarding him.

And Lee's usage rate is far higher than Horford's. It is hard to score when other guys shoot it before you get a chance to touch it.

Bogut and Lee are better than Horford, don't know what the hell the coaches were thinking.

I think David Lee, Andrew Bogut, Joakim Noah(because I'm a Bulls fan maybe? Excuse the bias), or Josh Smith deserved the nod over Horford. It is what it is though. The coaches know a players impact better than us fans, I guess.

OK here is what's interesting about using the head to head stats in favor of Horford:

Horford was ABOVE his averages in his 3 games vs the Knicks.
    Lee was BELOW his averages vs the Hawks.

That would mean that if you factor those 3 games in, then against all the other teams in the league, Horford played slightly BELOW his season averages while Lee played slightly ABOVE his. That widens the statistical gap even more. Why did so many coaches vote for Horford?

sons , LMAO @ espn front page david lee expression

David Lee is one of the worst post defenders to ever even get all-star considerations.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    David Lee is one of the worst post defenders to ever even get all-star considerations.

Dude plays zero defense

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Dude plays zero defense

But David Lee is averaging 19 ppg, and 11 rpg this season.

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Funny how that "domination" doesn't occur when he plays Horford. In 3 games against Atlanta Lee is averaged 12/10 shooting 47% against Horford. Horford is averaged 21/14 shooting 61% in those three games. That is ownage.

Lee plays in a run and gun system which helps him with scoring. He also can't guard anyone.

If anyone got robbed it is Bogut.
    does that apply to steve nash too? his stats are inflated since he plays in a run and gun system and he can't defend anyone.

I rule the local playground KoRn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    Dude plays zero defense
    amare stoudemire is worst, at least david lee rebounds.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

because if you want to win a championship, you pick a guy like Hortford, you never pick a guy like Lee. Lee will never be anything more than a regular season guy, I highly doubt a team with him as the starting Center will ever make it to the finals unless you already have a great team without him.

but if anything, Bogut got robbed, Lee is no where close.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Sadly, that probably had something to do with it. Seriously, Al Horford? Over Josh Smith, David Lee and Andrew Bogut? Seriously?
    All those guys mentioned are role players ...

Quote Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
    because if you want to win a championship, you pick a guy like Hortford, you never pick a guy like Lee. Lee will never be anything more than a regular season guy, I highly doubt a team with him as the starting Center will ever make it to the finals unless you already have a great team without him.

but if anything, Bogut got robbed, Lee is no where close.
    When did Horford win a championship? He's been in the play-offs on a very well rounded team, but how can you say "If you want to win a championship you pick a guy like Horford"? There's absolutely nothing to back that up with. Put Horford on the Knicks and he would appear to be nothing but a regular season guy also. You are right when you say no team with David Lee as the starting center will go anywhere in the play-offs, that's why he needs to be played as a power forward.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 01-29-2010 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    When did Horford win a championship? He's been in the play-offs on a very well rounded team, but how can you say "If you want to win a championship you pick a guy like Horford"? There's absolutely nothing to back that up with. Put Horford on the Knicks and he would appear to be nothing but a regular season guy also. You are right when you say no team with David Lee as the starting center will go anywhere in the play-offs, that's why he needs to be played as a power forward.
    David Lee stats are like that because of Mike D'Antoni. You think Shawn Marion's and Amare Stoudemire's stats when WAY DOWN without Mike at coach is a coincidence?

Al Horford >> Lee
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 01-29-2010 at 03:46 AM.