Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You look at Dikr's stats over the past few years and NO has been as good as him as long as him. That's a fact.
    No it isnt. Based strictly on numbers(eff) hes been over the last several years

6th
    3rd
    5th
    6th
    5th
    9th

In the same time Duncan has been:

KG has been

Shaq has been

And since youre so big on who wins(once having told me every single player on a bad team is a bad player)....

Dirk won an average of 57 games. Duncan 59. Shaq 56. KG 47.

In that period of time Shaq won 3 titles and went to 5 finals. Duncan won 2 titles. Dirk made a finals and lost. KG made the WCF and lost.

If you want to go by numbers KG and Duncan have been better the last 6 years. By winning Shaq and Duncan. By a combo of the two Duncan and shaq come out ahead.

If you choose to ignore all but the last 3 years(wiping out the "as long as he has" part of your case) Shaq has been in the finals twice with a title and better numbers one of the years. Duncan the same though only one finals.

If you think Dirk is the best player over the last few years thats your right. But in no measurable way is he. Unless you choose to use "PER" in which case he is exactly tied with Lebron at 28.1 with Kobe at 28.0. And even then...he was never above 5th before last year.

I dont believe such numbers tell how good a player is and EFF sure as hell doesnt either. But its your belief not mine. If you want to look at Dirks stats hes never been the best player in the league. Sure as hell has not been over the last several years as you suggest.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-31-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    yup
    plz read the thread before agreeing with this hypocrite

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    OK then tell me who would "compliment Dirk", and try not to list the players that I have ranked higher or equal to dirk.

Off limits

Duncan
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Wade
    KG
    Shaq
    ZO
    Big Z
    Jermaine O'neal
    Dwight Howard
    Rasheed Wallace
    Ben Wallace
    Lamar Odom
    Chris Bosh
    Emeka Okafur
    Elton Brand
    Rober Horry would be great next to Dirk
    Karl malone when he was playing

I could go on and on.. Dirk doesn't even need players as great as this.. all he really needs is several decent role playing big men. The Mavs haven't even been able to get a sufficient amount of these. Look at Duncan.. he had Robinson, Malik rose and Kevin Willis... Wade had Shaq, Zo and Walker.. Kobe had Shaq and Horry.

NBA Superstar

I have nothing against what Wade said.

The NBA is all about rings (despite what groupies on here think).

Dirk should know better.

You can't talk until you get one and once you have one you can talk.

Barkley and Ewing were barred from card games on Dream Team One with Mike, Bird, Magic and them because they weren't sporting the proper jewelry.

If it were ISH Wade just pwned Dirk

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I have nothing against what Wade said.

Barkley and Ewing were barred from card games on Dream Team One with Mike, Bird, Magic and them because they weren't sporting the proper jewelry.
    Is this actually true?

Banned

[b]In the same time Duncan has been:

KG has been

Shaq has been

So then why are Wade and LeBron ranked over these guys? That'
    s my point. But you also aren't including things like plus minus.. and which efficency ranking are you using? And are you using playoff games/ Win losses?

And since youre so big on who wins(once having told me every single player on a bad team is a bad player)....

It doesn't amke them GOOD players to come from horrible teams..

Dirk won an average of 57 games. Duncan 59. Shaq 56. KG 47.

Yep.. see Dirk and Duncan.. top 2 players in the league over the past few years. Shaq played with Kobe..

In that period of time Shaq won 3 titles and went to 5 finals.

Playing with Kobe..

Duncan won 2 titles. Dirk made a finals and lost. KG made the WCF and lost.
    Duncan did it with Robinson one year.. and Parker and Ginolbi the next..

If you want to go by numbers KG and Duncan have been better the last 6 years.

Not in the playoffs.. Dirk beat KG head to head.. or does that not matter?

By winning Shaq and Duncan. By a combo of the two Duncan and shaq come out ahead.

Not when you consider their teammates.. and Shaq has missed a ton of games.. and played with Kobe.. and the dream tema Lakers

If you choose to ignore all but the last 3 years(wiping out the "as long as he has" part of your case) Shaq has been in the finals twice with a title and better numbers one of the years. Duncan the same though only one finals.

Which is fine.. I would have a problem with Shaq and UCnan being ranked over Dikr.. Wade, Kobe and LeBron? I think NOT!

If you think Dirk is the best player over the last few years thats your right. But in no measurable way is he.

Wrong.. in measurable way are Wade or LeBron.. and if youwjust want to focus on alst season then it's clearly Dirk..

Unless you choose to use "PER" in which case he is exactly tied with Lebron at 28.1 with Kobe at 28.0. And even then...he was never above 5th before last year.

Actually Hollinger said Dikr was the bes tin the league last seaosn under the PER.. sounds like you are trying to fudge the numbers.. BUSH.

I dont believe such numbers tell how good a player is and EFF sure as hell doesnt either. But its your belief not mine. If you want to look at Dirks stats hes never been the best player in the league. Sure as hell has not been over the last several years as you suggest.

The players you list had better teammates. Dirk has done the most with the least.. more so than any other player.. that's a fact. The bottom line is that it certainly isn't Wade or LeBron. And Kobe isn't even in the conversation.. and the longer Wade plays with Shaq the same goes for him too.

Wade had a worse record than Dirk and he was in the East last season with a better tema. Same with LeBron.

Dirk and Duncan are the ONLY players eligible for best in the league. shaq is too lazy.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    Is this actually true?

yes

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Look at this ****ing hypocrite. First he's saying that Kobe makes all of his teammates worse, that he isn't a top 10 player, plays "atrocious defense" and then he uses Kobe as the reason to everything that Shaq has accomplished.

KBlaze: Shaq won 4 titles.

***: Played with Kobe.

Kblaze: Shaq won 56 games.

KBlaze: Shaq had better stats.

But Kobe is a pathetic player, right?

So we should call player who is only good at one aspect of the game(scoring, and when there are arguably 5-10 players better at that CURRENTLY in the league) better than a top 5-7 all-time player:rollingeyes:

Banned

You are right... that is true.. Kobe does make the players around him worse.. but Shaq did play with Horry. Shaq also played with Malone one season.

But Shaq is also officiated much much more biased than Dirk.. same with Duncan. So technically you could say Shaq is one of the top players because of his accomplishments.. but he shouldn't have been. That is one way Kobe did make the players around him better.. the hype factor -- the star factor. In reality though he makes them worse. If you were to take biased officiating out of it.

That's the truly amazing thing aobut dirk.. what he has accomplished in spite of being screwed by the officials since day one. Compare that to all the other stars in the league. If Dirk got the proper respect from officials he would probably be the clear best player in the leagu eover the past several years. There would be no debate. Hell of Dirk was black there wouldn't even be a debate with his curent accomplishments.
    Last edited by FabCasablancas; 10-31-2006 at 01:30 AM.

Superstar

dont take this idioit seriously anymore. he has no credibilty on this board..
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 10-31-2006 at 01:27 AM.

Banned

You are the one who lost credibility TmacsOnegoodEye.. you never had that anyway though.. everyone knows you are full of BS.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    You are the one who lost credibility TmacsOnegoodEye.. you never had that anyway though.. everyone knows you are full of BS.
    haha here we go again...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

haha, i just realized who FabCasablancas is. He's a poster from dallasbasketball.com named 41ForMVP. He was just a Dirk groupie.

He made a thread about how Dirk is a norse god and how he kind of looks like Dirk and we found it and put it on dallasbasketball.com and pretty much retired him. It was the longest clowning in message board history. I think it went nonstop for 4 weeks.

Guys a dumbass and a racist, ignore him.
    I tried to talk to him. I honestly did. I think ill take your advice though. Some people are beyond all reason.

Dirk fans may well be the worst fans in the modern sports world. not Mavs fans. Mavs fans are fine. But the people who love Dirk and seemingly hate the Mavs are probably the worst out there.

Like those jordan lovers inthe 90s who didnt care about the Bulls and acted like everyone he played with was somehow overrated to make him look better.

People who love a player and not a team are almost always unreasonable and annoying. The worst of the worst annoy even fans of the team he supports. Ive been to Dallasbasketball.coms forum. Miles had me there for some reason years ago. If you can get run off a forum like that for Dirk homerism you are on a whole other level.

Banned

We know who Kblaze is now...