Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I dunk on 12 year olds

Default Re: Your NBA 2K10 Association Mode

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Did a fantasy draft w the Clippers, simmed most of the first season and then played the last 15 games or so to make it to the playoffs where I won the championship. I drafted Jordan Crawford with the 30th pick, then DeSean Butler with my 2nd rounder, then signed Al Harringston for the MLE.

Emeka Okafor/DeAndre Jordan/Rasho Nesterovic
    David West/Al Harrington
    Josh Howard/Quentin Richardson/D'Sean Butler
    Jason Richardson/Anthony Morrow/Jordan Crawford
    Derrick Rose/Shaun Livingston/Jason Hart

I tried to not build too strong of a team on purpose to keep games a bit challenging.

So far in the 2011 season im 3-0 on HOF difficulty 12 min quarters, downloaded sliders to make it realistic.

Rose is averaging 16/16 a game
    Livingston 5/10 off the bench
    David West 25/8
    Okafor 12/10
    very nice, btw 1 question, where are you downloading alot of stuff?

Good High School Starter ThemBombs's Avatar

couple things i'd like to say...

first, is it possible to get over 60 wins, just simulating? i have yet to see a team get 60. closest i've gotten was 59 with the Bulls.

second, there are some serious, serious problems with the games. i have two nba defensive first teamers on my team, and i'm still getting 40 points dropped on me in a quarter by a team who has 70 overall offense. what gives?

third, LeBron James is way, way, wayyyy to good. he kept on winning consecutive MVPs, for at least 7 seasons... i created a maxed-out PG to see if he would overtake him, and it did happen... when LeBron was 37.

I got the game a couple days ago, and there is an update which my PS3 for some reason isn't letting me update... does that update fix these problems?

Not really. I've learned that more than likely one [layer is going to go off on me each game. There's going to be on guy that shoots 80%+ from the field and score 35+ points. Last game I played the Lakers, and Kobe scored 44 on me, on 17/19 from the field and 3/4 from 3, and perfect from the line. And he was taking a lot of tough and contested jumpers. They weren't all lay-ups. In that game I was down 43-28 after the 1st quarter. As a team, the Lakers only missed two shots in the entire quarter. I just stayed with it, they started to miss, and I ended up holding them to 59 points for the rest of the game, and winning by 20.

The aggravating thing, though, is that it doesn't even have to be a great player like Kobe. I'v ehad guys who are the team's 3rd option drain everything. I'm talking like a PF or C sitting out from 15-18 feet all game long and knocking down 70% of their sohts, even though they might take 3 or 4 shots inside the lane.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore thebirdman's Avatar

so i just started an association yesterday for the first time. this is my first 2k game and i only play my player mode, im terrible at playing the whole team and not much better at my player mode, but i definitely enjoy it.

i didn't really know what to expect with association mode, i went in blind. first of all, for some reason i got a bunch of created legends in the draft. i don't think it included the all decade teams, and i don't think all of the dream team i downloaded are in there either, but there is a few. i don't know where the association picks its players from, because in my case it didn't stick to current nba teams, maybe someone can explain how the selection process works.

off the top of my head jordan is in there and he is 99 overall, went to cavs first pick and is averaging 24/9/9/3.5/2 on something like .530, seems he'd benefit from taking more shots but that's how 2k sims it. kareem is in the game, chuck is in there, stockton, reggie miller, laettner and kemp.

i picked the spurs as they had a decent cap but not crazy like cavs/celts/laker/magic/mavs. also since i didn't want too much to think about in my first game i turned injuries and season fatigue off and i sim all the my games since playing would take too long and i suck anyway. i got the 17th pick and the best player left on the board was reggie miller so i took him. at that point i thought since i had the best 3 point shooter in the game i'd grab some more of them. before that i picked a point guard since i wanted a decent one, wanted a passer with a good IQ and i got andre miller.

my starting lineup looks like this:

reggie miller
    andre miller
    rashard lewis
    troy murphy
    shaquille oneal

so i have 3 A rated 3 point shooters in my starting lineup. i was just hoping my 3 point tactic would work, hopefully spreading the floor nicely for andre miller to drive and for shaq to do work in the post (i am anything but a basketball expert, this just seemed a fun idea to me).

i should mention that the east is stacked, they got most of the best picks, fortunately for me. so far my record 33-15, top of the west, 1 game ahead of jordan's cavs in the east as well.

reggie has been a true leader:

25.2pts - 7.3reb - 6.6ast - 1.7st - 0.8blk - .478fg - .4163pt

he's my only all star (they were just announced so i'm in late jan i think) and he's 4th in mvp race.

my bench (the ones that matter) are:

marcin gortat who is my 6th man
    james posey
    flip murray
    sefolosha, these 3 are all role players.

i actually drafted sefolosha specifically for defence. he is my best perimeter defender and his minutes noticeably increase against teams with a star in the backcourt, which i think is pretty cool since the game just did that without any instruction from me.

sundiata gaines is the other bench player who gets significant minutes, he started at 5mpg shared with a couple others, i bumped those guys down a bit upped gaines' minutes to 10 since he seems to do a good job. i'm still $10mil under the spurs cap so if understood trades better i might work something out there, or if i hadn't become fairly attached to my team. am loving this mode so far (easy to say when you're winning i suppose).

finally, how the hell do you stop centers taking 3's? one game shaq took 5 3point shots. every game he takes at least 2.

alright, now it's REALLY pissing me off.
    i downloaded the update, got the living rosters, tried association mode again, and the problems i mentioned still weren't fixed(besides LeBron)!
    it's really bugging the hell out of me. I have yet to see a team break 60 wins, and teams with sh*tty offenses are still dropping 40's on me in a quarter! WTH?
    has ANYONE broken 60 yet by just simulating?

Quote Originally Posted by ThemBombs
    alright, now it's REALLY pissing me off.
    i downloaded the update, got the living rosters, tried association mode again, and the problems i mentioned still weren't fixed(besides LeBron)!
    it's really bugging the hell out of me. I have yet to see a team break 60 wins, and teams with sh*tty offenses are still dropping 40's on me in a quarter! WTH?
    has ANYONE broken 60 yet by just simulating?

I have, many times actually.

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman
    so i just started an association yesterday for the first time. this is my first 2k game and i only play my player mode, im terrible at playing the whole team and not much better at my player mode, but i definitely enjoy it.

i didn't really know what to expect with association mode, i went in blind. first of all, for some reason i got a bunch of created legends in the draft. i don't think it included the all decade teams, and i don't think all of the dream team i downloaded are in there either, but there is a few. i don't know where the association picks its players from, because in my case it didn't stick to current nba teams, maybe someone can explain how the selection process works.

off the top of my head jordan is in there and he is 99 overall, went to cavs first pick and is averaging 24/9/9/3.5/2 on something like .530, seems he'd benefit from taking more shots but that's how 2k sims it. kareem is in the game, chuck is in there, stockton, reggie miller, laettner and kemp.

i picked the spurs as they had a decent cap but not crazy like cavs/celts/laker/magic/mavs. also since i didn't want too much to think about in my first game i turned injuries and season fatigue off and i sim all the my games since playing would take too long and i suck anyway. i got the 17th pick and the best player left on the board was reggie miller so i took him. at that point i thought since i had the best 3 point shooter in the game i'd grab some more of them. before that i picked a point guard since i wanted a decent one, wanted a passer with a good IQ and i got andre miller.

my starting lineup looks like this:

reggie miller
    andre miller
    rashard lewis
    troy murphy
    shaquille oneal

so i have 3 A rated 3 point shooters in my starting lineup. i was just hoping my 3 point tactic would work, hopefully spreading the floor nicely for andre miller to drive and for shaq to do work in the post (i am anything but a basketball expert, this just seemed a fun idea to me).

i should mention that the east is stacked, they got most of the best picks, fortunately for me. so far my record 33-15, top of the west, 1 game ahead of jordan's cavs in the east as well.

reggie has been a true leader:

25.2pts - 7.3reb - 6.6ast - 1.7st - 0.8blk - .478fg - .4163pt

he's my only all star (they were just announced so i'm in late jan i think) and he's 4th in mvp race.

my bench (the ones that matter) are:

marcin gortat who is my 6th man
    james posey
    flip murray
    sefolosha, these 3 are all role players.

i actually drafted sefolosha specifically for defence. he is my best perimeter defender and his minutes noticeably increase against teams with a star in the backcourt, which i think is pretty cool since the game just did that without any instruction from me.

sundiata gaines is the other bench player who gets significant minutes, he started at 5mpg shared with a couple others, i bumped those guys down a bit upped gaines' minutes to 10 since he seems to do a good job. i'm still $10mil under the spurs cap so if understood trades better i might work something out there, or if i hadn't become fairly attached to my team. am loving this mode so far (easy to say when you're winning i suppose).

finally, how the hell do you stop centers taking 3's? one game shaq took 5 3point shots. every game he takes at least 2.
    haha nice man, but where did you get the rosters for michael jordan etc.
    ur tactic seems nice, in trading mode, not so hard just look at salaries, pick a player you want in ur team, and then look on ur own team, wich player be able to be traded for him.

on the 3 point shooting centers: i have no idea i had 1 season j.noah and b.bass lighting up the scoreboard on me with 3's, man in ur face 2 meters behind 3 point line, nothing but net..

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Button
    very nice, btw 1 question, where are you downloading alot of stuff?
    I used the 2k share theres guy over at operationsports dot com forums who makes pretty good rosters and draft classes I think his name is rebirth or something like that you should check out his files.

I dunk on 12 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    I used the 2k share theres guy over at operationsports dot com forums who makes pretty good rosters and draft classes I think his name is rebirth or something like that you should check out his files.
    thnx man i will

@edit: its ps3 xbox360 only? i got pc
    Last edited by Button; 05-10-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Alright, so I FINALLY broke 60 wins with the Jazz and went on to three-peat, lol...

anyways, about the personalities, can someone list what the all do? i tried looking on google but couldn't find any answers.

so i signed LeBron with the Bulls... and the team is performing mediocre. why? LeBron averaged 31/11/7... the team should be having 60 win seasons...

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Not sure if this has been discussed in this thread or another.... but is there any way to get the big free agents to opt out? I have simulated a number of seasons and basically everyone but Lebron picks up their player options, and I think Lebron re-signs with the Cavs because he's never a FA. Anyone been able to enter free agency and have all the big guys available to sign?

Most of the times I've simmed through the first year, Carlos Boozer and Rudy Gay are the two highest rated FA's that opt out of their option. On an extremely rare ocassion Lebron will as well, but not often.

someone with 48 minutes of playing time is complaining about not enough playing time... what the hell?

Saw a basketball once

I also have an association, but mines is with the timber wolves. my lineup is

PG: Jonny Flynn
    SG: Ray Allen
    Sf: Paul Pierce
    PF: Michael Beasly
    C: Al Jefferson
    Bench:
    Pg: Kenny Strickland 1st round draft pick
    Sg: Courtney Lee
    Sf: Travis Outlaw
    PF: Anderson Varejao
    C: Drew Gooden

please tell me if im on a good track thank you