Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks he is better then "overhyped" Ricky Rubio.

Oh and where did this myth about him being a team cancer and having a bad attitude come from? What a load of crock.

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    he DID make this statement before his NBA career though. The OP thought it was an appropriate time to start trolling which is the whole point of this topic
    My bad, didnt read the whole OP's post. Thanks for the heads up btw. I still remember him making that statement btw, there were topics about it then He shouldnt have said it though... Based on their careers prior to the NBA draft, Rubio deserved to go higher and he deserved the hype. Jennings was out of place with that statement... but there were threads about this back then. OLD stuff!!

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Who cares, knicks have Chris Duhon

Why does it matter if he keeps shooting? who is taking shots away from? bogut? delfino? let the kid shoot, hes actually getting them wins... i dnt understand how people cant except it, he really is good.... btw when he was in HS every1 was comparing him to AI and saying he would b great... the only reason we r surprised now is cuz he went europe

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    Then your priorities are out of whack. He willed his team to a victory when they were getting spanked by a red-hot offensive team. That's about the most meaningful thing an NBA player can do.
    Thanks for that insight. What I'm more concerned about is a PG that's putting up 5ast to 3.5to and jacking up a bunch of shots. It's great that he had a nice game last night and he is definitely not a bust, but If he's just going to be another short guy that jacks up shots and not a PG, well than that concerns me. I'm thinking about his impact long term at his position, not how many points he scores in one game so, I would say that my priorities are in "whack". In case you weren't aware, the basketball world is filled with short guys that turn the ball over a bunch and want to take the most shots on the team. That's not going to get any team anywhere long term. As I said before, I think that he's good and has the potential to be really good but we'll have to wait and see how he develops.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Thanks for that insight. What I'm more concerned about is a PG that's putting up 5ast to 3.5to and jacking up a bunch of shots. It's great that he had a nice game last night and he is definitely not a bust, but If he's just going to be another short guy that jacks up shots and not a PG, well than that concerns me. I'm thinking about his impact long term at his position, not how many points he scores in one game so, I would say that my priorities are in "whack". In case you weren't aware, the basketball world is filled with short guys that turn the ball over a bunch and want to take the most shots on the team. That's not going to get any team anywhere long term. As I said before, I think that he's good and has the potential to be really good but we'll have to wait and see how he develops.
    he has played 8 games in his career and your worried about his assits and turnovers while not watching him play a game. He has alredy had 10 assits games and has shown the ability to pass. Dude is not a gunner, he even said the reason he did it was because they disrespected his jumper than he just got insanely hot.

Saw a basketball once

Not sure why at this point in their respective careers any one gives any credence to any quotes/stories of this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    he has played 8 games in his career and your worried about his assits and turnovers while not watching him play a game. He has alredy had 10 assits games and has shown the ability to pass. Dude is not a gunner, he even said the reason he did it was because they disrespected his jumper than he just got insanely hot.
    I think what you meant to say was that he had two games with 9 assists. He has not put up less than 15 shots in a single game. You must not have watched him play a game. Have you read anything that I've said? I said the kid was good and has the chance to be great. WTF is wrong with that? I have seen him play I have league pass. I'm not allowed to express my concerns about a young player? That's cool. He's perfect. He's gonna be the GOAT. Skiles needs to just unleash him. Yes I am worried about his turnovers. I am also worried that he will jack up shots. Maybe you've missed the trend for young basketball players over the last 15 years?
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 11-15-2009 at 11:41 AM.

I really don't see why the OP posted this, without saying when the article is from.

He said this before the draft, when the media was all over the Rubio situation and Jennings' draft stock didn't seem to get as high as he (Jennings) expected. Brandon was probably a little frustrated at the point, having heard all over about his terrible stats of his season. True or not, it is a stupid and unnecessary comment.

Immature comment, but I think he has more than made up for it for the maturity and greatness he has displayed.

What was the point of this, again?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I've never been a Kobe Bryant fan. If not for (first) Knoe and later on, Loki, I might have been viewed as one of the board's biggest haters. But when he scored 81 points, I recognized a simple fact: criticizing such a magnificent performance is unreasonable and stupid. We watch basketball to see great athletes do great things, and that's what Bryant did that night. Similarly, in the political arena, there was a great deal of backlash when the President won the Nobel Peace Prize. While I certainly believe that there were others just as worthy if not more worthy, if you actually stood up and, where people could hear or read you proclaimed that Obama winning said prize was somehow bad for America? Then you're an idiot. You are forcing yourself to use some kind of convoluted logic to justify an irrational conclusion. Which brings us back to Jennings' performance.

I've been neutral about the guy, because all I've ever seen of him is some highlights. Way I see it, there's nothing wrong with not holding an opinion when you don't have much information. And I didn't see the 55-point game either. Also, I have nothing but disrespect for the Warriors d, much like NY "smallball" has crossed the line. But...

He's 20 years old and he was able to score 55 points in an NBA game. Give him his ****ing props. Even if the d was sucking (and it probably did), no one (at least that I can think of) has done this before at his age. This is an accomplishment. Everyone isn't getting 50 point games against the Woe-is-yours. And he's been having an excellent statistical year so far. So why can't people (thankfully, this a minority) stop being stupid, give the young man some credit, and move on with their lives?

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Nagato
    do you know that rubio and jennings are two completely DIFFERENT type of players?

It's like comparing iverson with kidd.

No its not, jennings is more of a point than A.I.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

You can say that about everyone. People gotta realize that he plays with a ton of fire as well, not a mere gunner. When Redd gets back that'll increase his assists. And in the long run, once he is surrounded by shooters and athletes, those assist numbers will creep up. And can someone tell me who is the last NBA assist leader to win a championship the same season.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    You can say that about everyone. People gotta realize that he plays with a ton of fire as well, not a mere gunner. When Redd gets back that'll increase his assists. And in the long run, once he is surrounded by shooters and athletes, those assist numbers will creep up. And can someone tell me who is the last NBA assist leader to win a championship the same season.
    It's about being a PG that gets his teammates involved. You don't have to lead the league in assists. Instead, why don't you find me the list of PGs that lead their team in shots and won a championship? That list would be really short. Again, I already said that he was good. I just expressed my concerns about what he needs to work on. It's called constructive criticism.

Banned

It's about being a PG that gets his teammates involved. You don't have to lead the league in assists. Instead, why don't you find me the list of PGs that lead their team in shots and won a championship? That list would be really short. Again, I already said that he was good. I just expressed my concerns about what he needs to work on. It's called constructive criticism.
    8 games...

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    The way Jennings and his Bucks have been playing, he's allowed to say anything he wants

He couldnt have made this statement prior to his NBA career though, Rubio was doing much better in Spain than Jennings was in Italy and Rubio was looking like the better prospect. I don't think many people expected Jennings to be this good coming in and I don't think that Rubio could perform at this level so early into his NBA career.
    the article was back in june before jennings even got drafted.