Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

So is there a purpose in getting the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine if the NBA 2K10 game comes with a my player mode?

Sugar K

you gotta increase your off awareness/def awareness to get your ratings higher.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    So is there a purpose in getting the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine if the NBA 2K10 game comes with a my player mode?
    You dont need draft combine. The Draft combine was like a sample/preview of 2k10

My player mode is more then the Draft combine but My player mode is sick, just like one of the guy said its like RPG of basketball its nasty like that. Of course they could improve on certin things which they are next year but for now if you are a big bball fan or you like basketball but not good at ballin this game is for you.

Once 2k fix their network you can play with youre created player online with other online players. You get to play 5vs5 pick up games with youre player.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Going through the draft combine increases your ratings dramatically if you play it right

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If the actual game is like the demo live is just awful. I liked it in about 2004. I liked the somewhat deep post games they had. But generally they are just awful games compared to 2K. I had every live from before they were veen called live.....and I had it on n64 with Walker on the cover. Tht was 99. Once NBA 2k came out it was like id never played a basketbal lgame before. And live has yet to catch up. 04 was closest I think.

Anyway my guy Adrian Peacock is a D league backup point in Austin. I started getting A and A- grades after my 3rd summerleague game. Just gotta hit guys when they call for it, have good post position, or are wide open. Dont call for the ball. Let the other guards handle it a bit if you dont have ap lay to make right away. Feed the post often. My issue is with turnovers and reach in fouls....

Just got my 2k10 and gonna have to finish the rest of the combine games but my dude is an all around 6'7 SF and right now rated a 43 and projected a 2nd round draft pick by the jazz. should move on up to at least 15-18 range 2nd round

EDIT: just got drafted, was projected to go 17th in the 2nd round to the t-wolves i believe, but i was taken 5th that round by the nuggets, gonna be coming off the bench until melo is gone im guessing. or if im traded or something
    Last edited by EvanAlmighty; 10-12-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Going through the draft combine increases your ratings dramatically if you play it right

yea, combine is so much easier.

Any of ya try playing pick up game online?

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

NBA live all the way

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    yea, combine is so much easier.

Any of ya try playing pick up game online?
    I tried, but I think the servers are ****ed for it. I can play online team up, but not pick up games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK-NJ
    I tried, but I think the servers are ****ed for it. I can play online team up, but not pick up games.
    what does the team up do?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    what does the team up do?
    Team up is the same principle, but instead of it being your created player, you get randomly assigned someone. Like for example, the game I played randomly selected Bulls-Wizards & I got assigned Luol Deng as my player for the game. Good fun.

Does NBA live 10 have a "Superstar mode" Where you do a combine and get drafted by a team and play through your career and stuff? 09 didnt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Does NBA live 10 have a "Superstar mode" Where you do a combine and get drafted by a team and play through your career and stuff? 09 didnt.
    No.

The 2k Player Mode is a much better but not as developed version of the NBA series of basketball games by Sony for PS3. Hopefully NBA2K11 will expand more on the My Player mode, because like everyone else said, this is extremely addicting and outdoes all of the other modes in the game including The Association mode.

My only problem with the My Player mode is the fact that you can't simulate games, or sign contracts(havent reached Free Agency yet).

UPDATE!!!

My guy just got signed by the Sacremento Kings and is the starting PG.

They placed me over Evans and Udrich...Don't know why, but im lovin it. Our team sucks ass atm...13-19...Playing against Monte Ellis on that game is f*cking hard as f*ck.

Im averaging 13ppg 4reb 7.2ast right now.

Im like Rondo on the court...

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Protip: Pay attention to the position battle under the performance menu during games. Try to get the bar 100% to your side by the time the game ends.

Try to get the bar all the way to your side...don't let the player you're guarding get points, steals, assists, rebounds etc while you are doing these things and your draft position will increase more and it will help you get more playing time. Also, try to crash the glass to get rebounds(especially offensive) and highlight plays such as steal leading to fast break score or an and-1. Make sure most of your shots are "good shots", get an A+ teamate grade and

Me, I'm a 6'3 scoring PG out of Georgia tech. Jared "The machine" Eaton. I'm hoping to get drafted/traded to the Lakers to learn and eventually take over as the starting Pg for Fisher once he retires. Skill point distribution will be mainly defense and 3 point shooting.

Drills: 2 shooting, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 1 challenge shot