Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

How does the getting cut thing work in training camp? Do you make it all the way through training camp or can you get cut after the 3rd or 4th game?

I just went for 23/17/7 but my man went for 28/5/8. Fortunately I finished with a A+ rating, because a lot of the shots my man took and made I had a hand in his face, and go ta "good shot defense".

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Only been through it twice. The one time I did get cut it was after the 5th training camp game.

If they don't Jon Barnes (one of the created PG's ahead of me) after this game I'm going before they cut me, I'm going to be ticked.

me: 10/15, 23 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO
    Barnes: 5/19, 10 points, 8 assists, 1 rebound, 1 TO

Well, I finished out training camp and got sent to the Bakersfield Jam in the NBDL. Oh well, hopefully I can work my way up to the NBA pretty quickly.

I don't get it though. I averaged 24.3 pts, 12.4 asts, 4.8 rebs, 1.8 stls, 0.9 blk, 1.3 TO. My teams went 4-1 in training camp, and the only loss was by 2 in OT. I even finished every game with the "position battle" in my favor. I started 2 games against Chucky Atkins (the bench PG in the T-Wolves rotation), two against Sessions (the backup PG), and one against the generic guy. In all 5 I came out with the "position battle" meter in my advantage.
    Last edited by KG215; 10-31-2009 at 04:08 AM.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Jon Barnes > you

Finally! I made it to training camp for an NBA team! Sort of. Pistons, who I played with at Summer League didn't invite me to their camp, but I have interest from the 29 others teams.

Seeing as I'm a PG, I'm looking at teams that I think I could hopefully get a starting spot with very quickly.

Current teams I'm thinking of going with.

Kings - Ok they got Tyreke Evans, but Beno Udrih and Sergio Rodriguez aren't really going to be too much competition imo anyway.

Lakers - D-Fish is getting on a bit, and I hate Jordan Farmar (don't ask me why, just one of those things you can't always explain). Nothing would give me more pleasure than to outplay him and push him out of the rotation.

Pacers - TJ Ford and Earl Watson would be the main obstacles, but I already outplayed Diener and AJ Price in Summer League and see no reason why I couldn't do it again.

Grizzlies - Not sure on this one. Conley I think I could beat, Marcus Williams should be fine too, but then the slight problem of AI! Probably not this team, but better option than a lot of others.

Cavaliers - Alley-ooping to LeBron all day could be fun, and they are slightly lacking in the PG department with Boobie and Mo. Boobie I think I could beat, but Mo...I think he'll be too much right now. Not forgetting Delonte too.

Any suggestions?

Never mind, I went with the Lakers, and Jon Barnes is trying to make the team too here.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

^ knicks or warriors maybe?

Since you didn't get invited to the Pistons training camp you need to watch out for the clone glitch.

And I thought I wouldn't have any problem beating out Ramon Sessions and Chucky Atkins, but despite out playing them in training camp, I still got sent to the NBDL. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

How long has it taken some of y'all to get called up to the NBA?

I'm the 6th man for the Jam but am putting up better numbers than my counterpart.

my stats through 5: 11.6 MPG, 16.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 6.6 apg, 2.0 spg, 1.4 TOPG, 62.5% FG

starting PG: 17.2 MPG, 7 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.2 spg, 1.2 TOPG, 56.5% FG

So after my last 3 NBDL games I get a message from my advisor saying, that he's sorry but my NBA team has decided to cut me, but the Jam have decided to offer me a contract, even though I've never been in the NBA and have played 8 games with the Jam now. Is that a bad thing? Has anyone else had this problem? Does that mean I won't ever get called up to the NBA?

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

76 games into the NBA season with the Blazers, starting PG my averages are: 33.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 3.9apg, 1.7spg in 17mpg. Can't wait for the playoffs.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    So after my last 3 NBDL games I get a message from my advisor saying, that he's sorry but my NBA team has decided to cut me, but the Jam have decided to offer me a contract, even though I've never been in the NBA and have played 8 games with the Jam now. Is that a bad thing? Has anyone else had this problem? Does that mean I won't ever get called up to the NBA?
    It's just another bug. It won't do anything.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah I was getting that alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    It's just another bug. It won't do anything.

It won't do anything as in, I'll eventually get called up to the NBA? Or it won't do anything, as in I won't ever called up.