Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k10 MY PLAYER MODE

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Is the patch that's being made, I presume for both 360 and PS3 also being released for PC? I've been looking around but not actually been able to find out.

Just getting a bit frustrated with 5 min quarters in what is otherwise an excellent aspect of the game. It makes the stats go all funny, like when I got called up to the Hornets, CP3's averages just dropped like a stone because of the inability to change quarter lengths. It made looking at the stats pointless and made them look stupidly unrealistic. I know it's not the most important part of the game, but CP3 only getting to average 4 assists a game for the month of December simply because of the locked quarter length is pretty retarded, especially when the AI vs AI games are played as if 12 min quarters have occured.
    In addition to stats it sucks because minutes played seems to be an important part of the awards. I'm at 36 ppg but only about 18 minutes, and as a result am 4th in all-star votes at my position. Can't seem to lock up a player of the week award even with ridiculous numbers. It renders half those milestones impossible more or less.

EDIT - This changed as the season went on. Became favorite for MVP and MIP, and made all-star team before the game **** itself.
    Last edited by Abd El-Krim; 10-30-2009 at 06:52 PM.

I am Chris Wilcox

What the hell is going on?

I managed to become a starter on the Heat, playing 15 mins a game and I was doing really well. Through the 3 or 4 games that I was a starter, I must have averaged 14/7 with atleast a teammate rating of A- (before that, I was playing about 10-12 mins off the bench and putting up around 9/5). Then, all of a sudden, I get thrown back on the bench and I'm lucky if I play 8 minutes a game. Now, I'm averaging about 6/2 in about 7 mins and getting a teammate rating of about B. An there's no way of doing any better, because it seems as though the negative teammate things are having an even bigger deficit now. I managed to get to a B+ in a game earlier, after 2 mistakes, I was down at a C-, how the f*ck that happened, I don't know, but I just turned the game off and threw my controller at the wall.

I might have to go and start an association, because this has really pissed me off.

Also, which ever f*cking retard thought it would be a good idea to set the quarter to length to 5 mins with no way of changing it, deserves to be f*cking fired.

Another thing, what the hell is up with some of these retarded rebounding animations? I tried to go for a rebound and my guy jumped up and done some sort of stupid f*cking fetal position. Rebounding animations better be sorted out, because they are terrible.

So is there anyway to change the amount of time at all on 360? Other than waiting on the patch?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    So is there anyway to change the amount of time at all on 360? Other than waiting on the patch?
    No. Unless you got the Draft Combine. Also, since I don't have a live account, I can't get the patch.

F*cking retarded game developers. Seriously, setting the quarter length to 5mins was just flat out dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    No. Unless you got the Draft Combine. Also, since I don't have a live account, I can't get the patch.

F*cking retarded game developers. Seriously, setting the quarter length to 5mins was just flat out dumb.

Agreed. I don't have a Live account either. That's why I decided to be a PG because I don't feel the need to score 25-35 points a game to be satisfied with my production is so few of minutes.

I just finished my second game with the T-Wolves on the summer circuit. I started over because I had been playing as an all-around PG, but after reading through this thread, I decided to try one out as an athletic PG and like it much better. The difference of speed between an athletic and all-around PG is night and day. I like it so much better. It's so much easier to attack the rim and finish. In my last game I had 20/13/5. Through two games I'm now averaging 15.5/9.5/4.5 and an average teammate grade of an A.

You guys realize longer games is actually worse for building your player, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You guys realize longer games is actually worse for building your player, right?
    Assuming you can get enough minutes to meet goals and build you teammate grade it is.

Although not necessarily. If you make a guy who is short for his position he can rack up performance points pretty quickly, more minutes the better.

Currently playing My Player mode right now with the Pistons in Summer League. 5'10 PG, 171 pounds.

Was playing extremely well against the Knicks, and had got my grade up up to B+ about halfway through the 2nd quarter already. Then they moved me to ****ing Small Forward and guarding WILSON CHANDLER. Basically, an even smaller version of Rajon Rondo was forced by his coaching staff to guard Wilson Chandler. Needless to say, he posted me up every time down the floor, unable to do anything about it either. Of course, my grade went down to like a C+, and I was only able to get it back to a B by the end of the game, basically killing any chance I had of making it to training camp. **** off 2K Sports with that ****.

Can someone please explain the clone issue to me on here and a way around it? I've only got 2 summer games left and want to try and avoid it if at all possible.

I know someone said earlier in the thread to restart the game when your team tells you they don't want to invite you to training camp. Does that mean when you restart it you'll get a training camp invite?

you know what has happended to me like 5 times.... ull be in a game and all of a sudden without touch a button, its says like "bad call for pass" like 10 times in a row, then excessive call for pass... then keeps going till u score or go on defense.... ruined my grade in the last 20 sec of a game... rly annoying

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    you know what has happended to me like 5 times.... ull be in a game and all of a sudden without touch a button, its says like "bad call for pass" like 10 times in a row, then excessive call for pass... then keeps going till u score or go on defense.... ruined my grade in the last 20 sec of a game... rly annoying
    I never saw that.

The bad call for pass stuff is annoying at first. I think it is rating dependent, as you get better you still get bad call/excessive call penalties but it's not as severe of a penalty as early on.

I am Chris Wilcox

Can someone please explain the clone issue to me on here and a way around it? I've only got 2 summer games left and want to try and avoid it if at all possible.

I know someone said earlier in the thread to restart the game when your team tells you they don't want to invite you to training camp. Does that mean when you restart it you'll get a training camp invite?
    After summer league, you'll get invites to training camps. Do not select a training camp. I just turned off my xbox and turned it back on, loaded up My Player and I was automatically put on a team's training camp roster. It was the Bulls for me.

I've had no issues with the clone thing.

I've had that a couple of times happen to me. It's really f*cking annoying.

There are so many bugs and glitches, it's beyond ridiculous.

I might give the My Player mode a rest for a bit and give the association mode a go.

Well I got an invite to the T-Wolves training camp so I won't have to worry about the player clone issue, but I'm 6th in line out of all the PG's in training camp. The starter/backup/bench rotation is Flynn/Sessions/Atkins, then there is one possible cut, and two likely cut, I'm the second likely cut player. Guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I don't want to be cut.

Flynn is deemed the starter, and I understand that, but I completely out played him in the summer league.

Well I got an invite to the T-Wolves training camp so I won't have to worry about the player clone issue, but I'm 6th in line out of all the PG's in training camp. The starter/backup/bench rotation is Flynn/Sessions/Atkins, then there is one possible cut, and two likely cut, I'm the second likely cut player. Guess I've got a lot of work ahead of me if I don't want to be cut.

Flynn is deemed the starter, and I understand that, but I completely out played him in the summer league.
    It's doable. I just had the exact same situation with my new pg on the Pacers and got on.

God this game can really tick me off.

I complete all of my objectives, win the game, and still end up with a B+ rating.

My stats from the game: 12/17, 25 pts, 11 ast, 4 rebs, 1 stl, 2 blk
    My defensive assignment: 8/18, 16 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 0-4 3PM/3PA

The guy I was guarding got 16 points, 6 of them off a pick and roll that my teammate never defended correctly, and 4 of them off a fastbreak that I had no shot at stopping.