Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Default Re: 2k10 My Player Mode

Why do they even have a "hold your oppenent to 2 points" task? as a shooting guard in the NBA thats dam near impossible..im the 6th man for the bucks and they expect me to just compeltely shut down Manu??

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    For the people wanting to play with a created character in Association mode... you can do that. Just create a player (not in MyPlayer mode) and draft him... or edit one of your draft picks. You can even build him up each month with training sessions and at the end of each season.
    True yea im actually doing that now. Would you build ur dude with a real low rating and then build him up? like how low tho? 55, 60... i created my dude at like an 87 but not sure if thats a little high. Im trying to be as fair as possible and give him realistic stats, but then again, i want a potential star not a scrub. i dont think i would go lower than 75 tho.

I'd probably create my player low. Just because for me I want to go thru the struggle to make a roster, make a team, and make a name for myself. and if I can eventually become a star awesome.

But starting off good isnt a bad idea either. Just for myself I want my journey to be a struggle as if i'm Rudy turned into Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    For the people wanting to play with a created character in Association mode... you can do that. Just create a player (not in MyPlayer mode) and draft him... or edit one of your draft picks. You can even build him up each month with training sessions and at the end of each season.
    Damn never thought about creating a player. Thanks man.

Started a new player, 6'3 scoring PG. Played with the Trailblazers in Summer League, averaged about 10/4/6, not particularly impressive, so now with the Iowa Energy in the D-League. Averaging almost the same stats as I was in Summer League. I'm the first SG off the bench, and rarely play PG which gets a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Even have to play SF sometimes if we got for a 3 guard lineup.

Started getting some A and A+ grade games in now, so player is getting better all the time. Hoping to get into the starting lineup soon. Just will keep at it and improve stats till I hopefully get a callup!

Like GOBB, I kinda take more satisfaction starting from the bottom and working my player up. Course I did try to make training camp with an NBA team, but it's pretty hard with a brand new 40 overall player that's not from the Draft Combine. I think my dude is a 43 now, about 6 games into D-League season.

EDIT: Oh, and anytime you're on the floor with Greg Oden, you can make your player an assist machine! He was completely unstoppable in SL against the scrubs. You just have to throw it towards the key somewhere and he'd catch it and dunk it. Shame I wasn't on the floor with anymore than 3-4 minute stretches.
    Last edited by ukballer; 10-15-2009 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Started a new player, 6'3 scoring PG. Played with the Trailblazers in Summer League, averaged about 10/4/6, not particularly impressive, so now with the Iowa Energy in the D-League. Averaging almost the same stats as I was in Summer League. I'm the first SG off the bench, and rarely play PG which gets a little frustrating, but it is what it is. Even have to play SF sometimes if we got for a 3 guard lineup.

Started getting some A and A+ grade games in now, so player is getting better all the time. Hoping to get into the starting lineup soon. Just will keep at it and improve stats till I hopefully get a callup!

Like GOBB, I kinda take more satisfaction starting from the bottom and working my player up. Course I did try to make training camp with an NBA team, but it's pretty hard with a brand new 40 overall player that's not from the Draft Combine. I think my dude is a 43 now, about 6 games into D-League season.

EDIT: Oh, and anytime you're on the floor with Greg Oden, you can make your player an assist machine! He was completely unstoppable in SL against the scrubs. You just have to throw it towards the key somewhere and he'd catch it and dunk it. Shame I wasn't on the floor with anymore than 3-4 minute stretches.
    It feels pretty damn good passing to an actual NBA player eh? I love passing it to Yao Ming on the Rockets.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
    True yea im actually doing that now. Would you build ur dude with a real low rating and then build him up? like how low tho? 55, 60... i created my dude at like an 87 but not sure if thats a little high. Im trying to be as fair as possible and give him realistic stats, but then again, i want a potential star not a scrub. i dont think i would go lower than 75 tho.
    In 2k9 if you created a player and assigned him directly to a team, you were able to modify his ratings in the franchise mode. I did this with a franchise where I created myself as a scrub and manually made myself better each year. Not sure if this works in 2k10 too.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I originally was a pass first PG and it was very hard. I started again with a 6'10" athletic PF and it's a lot more fun. I can actually produce and I got a camp invite to basically every team in the NBA. Currently trying out with the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It feels pretty damn good passing to an actual NBA player eh? I love passing it to Yao Ming on the Rockets.
    Yeah it just made things that much easier. He'd just roll to the basket every time and basically, I only remember him missing once. I think it was a deliberate thing though that you only spend a few minutes on the floor with a player like that at any one time. Understandable really, would be too easy to rack up SP then just dishing to him everytime.

Myles Mattos
    7'5" BtB Center
    California

Well the Kings kept me after training camp and I started backing up Spencer Hawes. I did really good for about 6 games, and then I took over the starting Center spot for the Kings.

I'm averaging about 12/8 with 2 blocks... but I'm getting a lot more PT now so that average should go up. my only game starting I put up 18/13 with 5 blocks.

I didnt play nba2k9 (two times vs a friend is all). So was the connection problems constant or did 2k eventually fix it? I understand nba2k10 is a new game and all but the connection issue is starting to wear me thin. Me and a couple other dudes tried the My Crew thing...couldnt get a game due to connection. And I like how it says refer to FAQ but you go there and the shyt is blank.

I just wanna know will this be a long problem or eventually be corrected (for the nba2k9 gamers). First experience with a game with bad connection issues. I can let the glitches and game errors to slide but not connecting? Come on.

Dunking on everybody in the park

They say they know what's causing the issue & it'll be resolved when the patch comes out. That said, I don't think there's an ETA on it. I'd guess it'll come out sometime in the next month, though.

lol i averaged 20 points 12 assist in camp buti got ot dleauge because the last game i had an F even though i scored 30 points and 20 assists in double overtime , eric maynor killed me.

I am Chris Wilcox

I had pretty mediorce stats, about 8/8/1 and I still got an invite to training camp from every team, apart from the Bulls, which was the team I was playing for during the SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I had pretty mediorce stats, about 8/8/1 and I still got an invite to training camp from every team, apart from the Bulls, which was the team I was playing for during the SL.
    Getting an invite is not hard. Making the team out of training camp? Another story.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

does anyone care to think that this mode was designed to get the average non-professional never played organized ball on any level, has a fairly good set shot from the free throw line so he becomes very cocky average Joe Schmo basketball player from the local park

to finally understand what it means to play a structure offense and play hard nosed D?